Tank Train Leaves Tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
I wanted to warn all those on the "train" that Itried an experiment today. Tank is all over me, but when mom came outshe ran and hid. So, although she's come a looong way, she is stillreally timid with new folks. Just give her time and treats, and shewill eat out of your hand....or pocket....or whatever she can reach....

She has a small remains of that big abcess on her neck, on the rightside, so handlers should try and avoid touching that spot (she freaks).There's also a crazy toenail on the back leg, it sticks sideways. Don'ttry to clip it!!! Gypsy will take care of all of that on her end (shehas a good vet). I wouldn't recommend lifting unless absolutelynecessary either. She likes her rump scratched but hates shoulders andhead touched. Tank is extremely demanding when hungry, so beware ofteeth! She kicks hard and bites hard when fearful, but can also be anengaging little beggar. Give-me-food nips are usually fairly gentle.

She's been quarantined here, but if any of you want to play it safe andkeep her separate I'd highly recommend it. I haven't noticed anyparasites but one never knows. She seems quite healthy and active andalert but is smack in the middle of fall molt. Tank can be prone torandom nosebleeds (although usually heat-related), so don't be alarmed.I have been feeding a tuna-can-full of Purina standard per day, pluscarrot chunk or maple leaf and small dried whole wheat bread chunk. Shehates apples and raspberries, and likes Cheerios. Oh, and her eyelidswill occasionally look a bit red, and might water for a day or so. Ithappened last summer too, and doesn't seem to be anything bad (probablyhair or dust in there).

Gypsy, after seeing so many new people, I expect she might regressquite a bit, just so you're not expecting the crazy little maniac I'vedescribed! I know it's in there, but it might take some time toshow.:)

I think that's a basic version of what I've seen, and I hope I'vecaught all the big stuff so that no one gets worried. I know what it'slike caring for a critter you don't know, if you don't know what'snormal and what's not. Tank is so touchy because of her history that agood health check is not really possible, because of her panic. So I'vecovered things as best I can! Hope things run smoothly and you allenjoy her as much as I have.

Thank you all SO much for your help!!!

Rose

P.S. Gypsy and I figure she probably miscarried, and that's why no baby Panzer.:(

Goodluck and happy safe travels for Tank and those who are helping herget to her forever home when her journey begins tomorrow.

:jumpforjoy: Guess what song isrunning through my head? "One Day More" from LesMiserable!:p I can't wait to meet you and Tank tomorrow!

Oh, and Gypsy, don't be to shocked if I *ahem* lose Tank. Imean, she is bunny. And bunnies run fast.Especially when they play in my hallway.:D

Ok, ok. I just got back from work and I really am supposed to be going to sleep now...
:sleep:

Edit: You guys have no idea how ticked off Mocha is going to be!:shock:

I am looking forward to bringing Tank home forGypsy. I am picking her up in Indianapolis at the ARBAConvention. This will be on Saturday the 22nd and will bebringing her to my house in CT on the following Friday. Gypsyis picking her up on Saturday the 29th at my house.

Not long now!!!!! Tank will be to her second home soon, Gypsy!

P.S. If my laptop can pick up the internet at the hotel inIndy, I will definitely post pics of Tank! She will bestaying in my hotel room because I can't bring her into the conventionhall. Well, I can, but I can't get her out. TheARBA has security that check each rabbit that leaves the building andyou have to prove that it is yours. Since Tank is notentered, I have no proof. Oh well, she will havethe run of the bathroom!

naturestee wrote:
Oh, and Gypsy, don't be to shocked if I *ahem* lose Tank. Imean, she is bunny. And bunnies run fast.Especially when they play in my hallway.:D

hehehe

you might not be so eager for her to get "lost" when she pees on yourcarpeting. NOT littertrained!!!:pIn fact, beware, her carrieris probably going to be filthy, despite my best efforts. That critteris MESSY!;)

I so cant wait toget her here I swear this nextfew days are going to be the death of my, Hubby has now decided to make a rack for all thebig breed rabbits ,

Last night it was a question of whould heshoot his foot off trying to get the big rats whohave suddenly decided that they need a warmcomfy grain filled garage to live in , ORHe would saw himself in halfwith the skill saw ! theMan is a complete incompatantwhen safty issues are involved .

His only saving grace is whenHis head is involved he can use it as ahammer and litterally crack thick Icecoated ground get up and walk away withno damage to himself .:? Yetleave the Ice totally spider webbed.!:disgust:

So with luck barring anymajor accidents when Tank getshere she will have anice cage set up and I can haveher at a level that is easy toget at her from .

We're off! The plan is to leave around 2:00, so I'm going to get Tank packed up and ready.

Angela, I'll see you tomorrow and I can be reached by cell phone.

Gypsy, here's to safe travels straight to you!

Bye all, update tomorrow night!

Rose

P.S. This girl is so gullible.:pI planned ahead for a fightto get into the carrier--and she waltzed right on in. Then got mad whenI wouldn't let her back out! lol

Prayers for a safe trip for all involved and nottoo much stress for Tank. What an amazing forum this isworking out transport over such a long distance.

:pray:

Jen

Tanks at the house here now and has takenlordship over the bathroom (that is if she ever leaves thecarrier.) She is doing well. More and pictureslater.

Glad to hear it!!! Can't wait till myturn with her!!! She might not make it to Gypsy'shouse *insert evil laugh*. I may just give her the wrongdirections to my house! Just kidding. Really, can'twait till the 22nd when I get her in Indianapolis.

Sharon

:shock:I saw that Sharon@!!!!!!!!!!, hmmm where you live I have agood idea where to find , lol. glad she is withyou Mr Stee and NatureTee !she couldnt be in bettter handson this part of her trip , Just watchYours . Cant wait for pictures !!!!!!!!

Alright everyone, picture time.

Tank refused to come out of her carrier for the first 8 hours here, sowe decided to passively force her out so we can clean it by taking thetop off.

Hey what are you doing to my house!
egsnz6.jpg

The new tank domain, the throne room.
egsoap.jpg

And all is forgiven.
egsok8.jpg

egsok8.jpg

This picture makes her look like a youngbunny ,!!!! awwwwwwww so sweet,

LOL I love that first picture too , Itslike " and You want me to doWhat again " LOL too darnedcute, and looks like she has madehersself right athome too .

Hows the abcess onher neck , isit still draining or refilling ?, need toknow so I can track its progressalong with her .

We just tried to see it, but its hard to seethrough the hair. Can you give us an exact location (asspecific as possible). She lets me touch her butt and earswith flinching, but shies away if you try anywhere else, so I have tolook and not touch to find and examine it. And as I saidbefore, the hair covers it. Rose said it might be filling alittle, but she wasn't sure herself.

So far no agression and she is pretty curious about us (pokes her nose towards us, but stays her distance, unless we have food).

Back