Tank - I give up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can completely understand that...and in allhonesty, I probably wouldn't have the oomph to ask if I were in yourshoes. (Not that I'm saying you don't...I just mean I,myself, wouldn't have the oomph.) Given how much other helpshe gave, I can understand what you mean!

I'm so happy that Tank is doing so well, though. That's sucha wonderful ending to such a turbulant time for you both! :)

Can't wait to see more pics of the Tankettes!! :D

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
Thanks to all foryour support. Tank has been doing wonderful in his new home.

Maherwoman, i dont think i could bring myself to ask for myfriendto help pay for the spay. (which isnext week by the way, yikes!) I appreciate all her help forthe weeks i was gone. Other than letting Tank and Marshytogether she really did do a great job.

By the way, the babies are doing great! Growing up so fast!

Guys, I am completely heart broken.Remember that girl that was watching my rabbits while I was gone andwho let Marshy and Tank together, well....she guilted me into lettingher have one of the babies. I'm so upset right now.I didn't want to give any of them up but she made me feel obligated togive her one. She said "Danielle I took care of your rabbitsand your apartment for all that time and didn't ask anything in return"[which is true but i paid her anyways], then she said "the least youcan do is give me one of the babies." I'm so upset rightnow. I just gave her one of the babies today. Ididn't know what to do. She made me feel like I owedher. I'm so upset. I mean, she told me that sheWANTED to watch the bunnies; that she was bored during the day and hadno one to talk to and she would really love to watch them and take careof them. And on top of that i did pay her. But sheconned me into thinking I owed her a bunny and so i caved.I'm crushed. :bigtears:

Aww, this is soo sad!:cry3 Which one was it?That was really mean of her, tricking you like that! You should go andtake it back again! She has no right to it whatsoever, she doesn't seemlike a good bunny parent to me if she let Tank and Marshy together!:disgust:Will you still be able to see it?

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

I don't know what to say. If it was me I wouldhave said no. My reason those babies are because of her not doing asasked. I am evil when it comes to people. I think it's funny that itturns out she wants one and the only reason there are more is cause"SHE" let them out together.

:hug2: I'm so sorry honey. Iknow you planned on keeping them all. I think she's extremelyrude to demand a baby bunny. What right does shehave? You paid her, and it's not like you told her when sheagreed to watch them that you'd give her a baby. You didn'tknow they were coming. And that's not a nice way to think ofa rabbit. They're your pets, not toys or cash commodities.

I could understand her saying she wanted to help, and that she feltresponsible because it was her fault. But not saying that youowed her! Any chance you could take her back?

Or maybe try to educate her more on rabbit care to make sure she takes good care of him?

Will she consider giving the bunny back toyou? Maybe suggest you can go with her to the animal shelterto help her pick out another rabbit, but you want the babyback? :( Sorry to hear you had to give one away.

_________
Nadia

I think I would ask her to give back the rabbit- saying that you'd planned to raise them and care for them, and thather inattention had a lot to do with why they're here.

She is responsible for what she did (or didn't do), and I think she'sbeing pretty manipulative and playing on your emotions, making you feelbadly.

Sorry if this seems overly harsh toward her, but I don't think she'sbeen very kind toward you - or your rabbits - at all. It's tough tolearn to say "no," but there are times it needs to be said. You're notresponsible for her actions, after all.

Yikes, don't mean to alarm you, but judging fromthe pics, the baby looks way too young to go to another home.He/she may appear to be doing well, but could have immunity problemsand other issues down the road, you really should get him/her back foranother couple of weeks, anyway.

sas

There you go get it back because it's to young. Than get attached and dont cave.

I tend to think of the worst in people. (Bad habit I know!). But do you think she put them together on purpose? To get a baby?

That was my thought, too, if only because a lotof people *would* do something like that and then try the kind ofemotional blackmail that ILTGC has described. Not all people, but some- yeah.... (I don't mean to sound cynical, but I'm a bit older thanmany of you and have run into things like this personally... :))

binkies wrote:
Itend to think of the worst in people. (Bad habit I know!). But do youthink she put them together on purpose? To get a baby?
Oohh..I could see that. Sounds like something my friends would do.

I think, as others suggested, you should tell her that you messed upand shouldnt have taken baby away from mom so soon. Tell her it coulddie or get real sick from being taken away..then once you have the babyback just tell her you became too attached.

Good Luck!

I wouldn't let her near my rabbits again, if it was me....

Thats whatI think. I am with you I tend to think the worse.

I really *don't* like to think the worst ofother people - but we all (me very much included!) make lots of bad andfoolish and sometimes downright thoughtless decisions during the courseof our lives.

And if someone claims that they let 2 intact rabbits out to "play,"knowing the probable outcome (since they were told exactly what theywere supposed to do and not do) and did it anyway... then came beggingfor a baby bunny that's a direct result of their ignoring what theywere supposed to do - then.... no way!!!

As naturestee said

And that's not a nice way to think of a rabbit. They're your pets, not toys or cash commodities.

I could understand her saying she wanted to help, and that she feltresponsible because it was her fault. But not saying that youowed her!

Well, I tried to get the bunny back but she flatout refused! (btw - just so everyone knows, those picturesare old. They are about 7 weeks now.) Myfiance even called her demanding the bunny back. She saidno! He even offered to pay her $100 to give back thebunny. I'm really mad at myself. I hate fightingwith friends and give in easily to avoid arguing with people Ilove. BUT - - tomorrow she invited me over to her house tosee the bunny and the cage she got. I know this soundsinsane, but I'm kind of tempted to steal it back....I've really beenthinking about it. I've been so sad and depressedsince I gave it up and now I'm really mad and I want my bunny back morethan her friendship. AmI thinkingcrazy???

I'm confused on the timelime here.

On October 12th, you posted that their eyes had opened "2 days ago". Ifthe babies' eyes opened when they were 10 days old, that would meanthey were born on October 1st.

That would mean the babies area little over4 weeks old.

Tell your friend you were mistaken about their age. A separation fromthe mother and weaning this early could prove fatal to the baby. Tellyour friend that the baby's life is at risk unless it is returned toits mother.

You say your friend "guilted you" into giving her the baby. See if you can "guilt " her into giving it back.

If she really cares about the baby, she will return it. If she iswilling to return it for the sake of the baby's long term health, itmay be an indication that she is capable of becoming a good bunnycaretaker in the future.

Latest posts

Back