Tank - I give up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, I sent jordiwes the rest of the pics so hopefully she'll get a chance to post them all for you soon.

Edit - and here's an update on Tank. He is EXTREMELY happywhere he is. He has a huge yard to play in and he gets takenon walks just like i asked. I was told he is a binkyingmaniac when he goes out for his walks (something I've only seen him doonce.)

Can you tell if the black one is amale? I think it's great that you'll have a little Tanklookalike you can raise now. With your love and care, I'msure they'll all turn out sweet and loving.

Are the other two torts? They're all adorable!

What adorable babies! Since they are mini Tanks, you could name them Howitzer (Howie), Sherman and Persching ( alltypes of tanks).

Other tank names include:Minerva, Hotchkiss, Cromwell, Vickers, Crusader, Matilda, Valentine and Churchill.

Djakarta wrote:
What adorable babies! Since they are mini Tanks , you couldname them Howitzer (Howie), Sherman and Persching ( all types oftanks).
Is anyone else remembering a different Tank, the Palomino one that wedid a bunny train for last year? That's what her babies weregoing to be named, but she reabsorbed them before they wereborn. I'll always think of that Tank first.

Just bringing back old memories... RIP Tank.

naturestee wrote:
Is anyone else remembering a different Tank, the Palominoone that we did a bunny train for last year? Just bringingback old memories... RIP Tank.
Yes. I was heartbroken when I found out she'd passed on to the bridge.

At least her last months were spent with several wonderful people who showed her love and took great care of her.

Okay, Im confused (and Im trying to put it together between the different threads..lol).

So, let me see if I got this straight. Someone put Marshy and Tanktogether before you went to PA? Thenyou took Tank to his newforever home in PA?? Is that right?

Im very happy you found Tank a home where he will be happy (and no moreof that biting female parts!). The babies are so adorable!

Thank you all. Acccording to myfiance, who used to raise rabbits when he was in the DominicanRepublic, he says that the black one is a female and the other two aremales. Do you think they will have floppy ears like Tank orupright years like Marshy?

I was actually away in CT, not PA, when my friend let Marshy and Tank"play." My fiance's half-sister's brother is the one who hasTank now and he lives in PA.

I love the names you guys suggested. I'm going to wait a fewmore weeks and see what the personalities turn out to be like before Iname them. So far they are all really sweet. Allthree of them will follow me everywhere when I let them out.

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
Do you think they will have floppy ears like Tank or uprightyears like Marshy?

Some may lop, some may not. They may have "helicopter ears", which is soooooo adorable!

I've seen mixes who had one ear up and one loppy ear. That is too cute.

Check out these cuties:

HelicopterBaby.jpg

HalfLoppy.jpg

Edited to add photos

Oh, hasn't everything worked out so well!! Tankhas found his forever home with someone he loves, you don't have to geta suit of armour to protect you from him, AND you have 3adorable babies to add to your family. I am so pleased for you all :)

Jan

Wow...how did I miss this thread?? :embarrassed::thud::headsmack

Well, now that I'm over my shock and embarassment...I have to say...

You are such a wonderful bunny mom...and you stuck with your sweetTank, despite the heck you went through in having him. Ireally commend you for all your patience and love, despite adversity(from the bun himself, no less!). I understand what you meanabout just falling all in love with an animal, despite how difficultthey can be. I've had a few animals over the years that werejust not the best with various things they would stubbornly do...butboy, did I love them! :)

It sounds like you and Tank came across the ultimate perfect solution,though! That's wonderful to hear that he's got a home thathe's somehow more tame and happy in (though I have to say that I thinkhe's slightly batty for not considering YOUR home that way, but we allknow Tank's a goof :) ). Funny that he prefered males...maybeit's a hormonal thing?

At any rate, I'm so happy to hear that the situation came to such awonderful solution for everyone, and that you always have the openoption to bring him back home, if he's able to calm down and be moretame. :) That's so wonderful and reassuring thatthere are others like that, and that we're not the only bunny-loversout there!

Bottom line, you're a wonderful, wonderful bunny mom, and we all knowthat. What happened while you were out of town was beyondyour control. Those dorks did it despite all the warnings yougave those that were watching your bunny babes...they should help topay for Marshy's spay, then, IMO! They really went directlyagainst what you specifically instructed them not to do, so they areVERY MUCH responsible for the outcome. Ya know? Atleast, that's what I would do, despite my happiness in having thelittle babes.

And I think the same about how long you've had and taken care ofTank. You did all you could, and we all know that.You're wonderful, Hun, and you did all the right things. :)

Love the tank names...so funny! I like "Marshy and the Tankettes", personally...hehe!!

So, enjoy your new babies, and love and hugs to you and yours,including goofy Tank! You are all so wonderful. :)

Hugs and warm wishes for all,

Rosie*

Thanks to all for your support. Tank has been doing wonderful in his new home.

Maherwoman, i dont think i could bring myself to ask for myfriendto help pay for the spay. (which isnext week by the way, yikes!) I appreciate all her help forthe weeks i was gone. Other than letting Tank and Marshytogether she really did do a great job.

By the way, the babies are doing great! Growing up so fast!

:yeahthatWe NEED pics!

I'm interested to know what their ears are like! From accidentalbreeding between a lop and a rex we got one helicopter lop and twouppies, here's two of them
Ebony.jpg
Ebony helicopter lop
Pebble2.jpg
Pebblesticky up ears

Michaela:brownbunny

Latest posts

Back