swine flu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PepnFluff wrote:
It's getting quite serious over here, everyone returning from Aussie MUST spend a week in quarantine, we have 150 people going away to Aussie for sports in a week for 2 weeks so school will be alot quieter. Aussie has the most confirmed cases than anywhere else has had. Also as its coming into our winter it will flourish but you guys are in summer so it should quiten down abit.
a week in quarantine? is it just at home or else where? i know it said on the news that it should slow down in the warmer season, but they are surprised its still going strong and the warmer weather isnt affecting the spread of swine flu

Yeah,

I haven't talked to him much because even though he has a computer it's in the common room of his house and he'd 1) Rather stay in bed 2) Infect everyone.

I'd offer my laptop but I need it for HW this week.

I have a friend in Chicago whose adult daughter went to work sick about a month ago during the big scare. She works at a hospital so they tested her for swine flu and told her to go home. They made her stay home for a week or longer. She wasn't sick at all after she got home and she and her mom spent the entire week shopping and having fun. At the end of the week the results came back that she had had swine flu.
might make you feel better

No one in her home or job caught anything from her

Weird!!!
She did not really believe the results were accurate as she really felt fine except for that 1 day

NetherlandDwarf wrote:
PepnFluff wrote:
It's getting quite serious over here, everyone returning from Aussie MUST spend a week in quarantine, we have 150 people going away to Aussie for sports in a week for 2 weeks so school will be alot quieter. Aussie has the most confirmed cases than anywhere else has had. Also as its coming into our winter it will flourish but you guys are in summer so it should quiten down abit.
a week in quarantine? is it just at home or else where? i know it said on the news that it should slow down in the warmer season, but they are surprised its still going strong and the warmer weather isnt affecting the spread of swine flu
Well isolation i should say, which would be at home although I must say I can't imagine half of them staying home for that long. My friend Max is in isolation as his brother has tested positive for it.....Max the dear boy was at the ball on Sat (before he knew) which had like nearly all the seniors at it. We've been told the school will shut down and its just a matter of when....

SF has got geographically closer to me this week. The area where there is a casementioned in the news ecompasses about 4 towns though. It could be in my nearest town or further away. The case must be mild tho as the patient is being treated at home.

Am curious about the spread of SF but not worried.

Jo x

Schools not shutting! :grumpy:lol, i'm totally sweet about it now. Every one says that its not as bad as regular flu and NZ has given up hope of containing it so are now only giving tamiflu to serious cases and the rest of us should just hole up at home and ride it out. My only thing is though, they say instead of calling your GP call health line....cept to get through you must call like every minute for 2 hours.....

It's everywhere. All very close to home. How are your school dealing with it Becca?

We are the third most affected country.

Looks like they are going to try and immunise us all when a vaccine comes in, now that we have had our first healthy person die.

Oh, lol, yeh, it was in the news and has been on the news quite a lot. Sorry.

I guess with only a couple more days left you have your own quaratine period coming up anyway.

When this topic first started i was not worried about the swine flu, the regular flu has killed more people then the swine flu so i didnt see the worry. Now i am worried!!!!! but not about the swine flu but about the shot that they are going to start mass vacinating our school kids with?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I am not anti vax, as my kids have gotten some shots, and some we are delaying, but I DONT WANT MY KIDS TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE FLU SHOT OR THE SWINE FLU SHOT. And now there is all this talk about them doing mass vacinations in school, and that my kids could possibly get vac'd withouth my consent?! get vax'd with a shot that they did in 13 weeks and they want to use my kids to test it on?!?!?!?!?!?! I have been in a panic about this for a few weeks now, anyone else worried about the shots that they are going to be given out?

Becca wrote:
yeah.. i guess its better getting it now then in te winter..it could be worse in the winter.

That's what I've heard, too.

I think we all just need to relax. When we're stressed, our bodies' defenses are down, and we're more likely to get sick. So... be strong! No silly flu is going to get us down! :)

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
When this topic first started i was not worried about the swine flu, the regular flu has killed more people then the swine flu so i didnt see the worry. Now i am worried!!!!! but not about the swine flu but about the shot that they are going to start mass vacinating our school kids with?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I am not anti vax, as my kids have gotten some shots, and some we are delaying, but I DONT WANT MY KIDS TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE FLU SHOT OR THE SWINE FLU SHOT. And now there is all this talk about them doing mass vacinations in school, and that my kids could possibly get vac'd withouth my consent?! get vax'd with a shot that they did in 13 weeks and they want to use my kids to test it on?!?!?!?!?!?! I have been in a panic about this for a few weeks now, anyone else worried about the shots that they are going to be given out?
what!?!?
i ain't being no guinea pig!
i'll just run away. they cant just do that - tell your kids to go hide or something or say that they WILL NOT have it done. they will NOT be tested on. thats what i'd do.

when this first hit our shores, our news constantly showed reports of parents waving boxes of tamiflu to give their children if they had come into contact with a confirmed case. a later report said that few ever completed the course because of the side effects. the government info leaflet stressed the need for scrupulous hygiene.

before i consent to my children being vaccinated, or me!, i would like to know just how effective it is. at the risk of sounding a conspiracy theorist, our government doesnt have a good reputation for honesty:rollseyes i would hate to cause harm by consenting to a vaccination against poor hygiene.. i just hope this vaccine isnt rushed and poorly researched. yes i am in favour of vaccinations - my children were vaccinated against diseases that were part of my childhood.

heres hoping the media dont fan the flames:pray:

There has been like sixty something cases over here as far as I know, not too worried about it to be honest, not getting vaccinated either, as far as I know they will only be vaccinating people over here if you actually have it.

well i have been going over with my kids that they arent to get any needles in school that if they are going to get any needles then we will do so at our pediatricians office. i am not worried so much about my older son but my y ounger one who is only 5 years old. I told that that no matter what they will not get in trouble if they refuse the shot, so lets hope that if they are ever faced with the decision at schooll that they will refuse, or i will be LIVID, to say the least.

I think the shot was rushed because of all the hype of the swine flu, scary i tell u

Latest posts

Back