swine flu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, as far as I know my Mums in Mexico at the moment or in a plane leaving hopefully she hasn't caught it. A group of 10 kids from Rangitoto College which is Priscas school came back from Mexico and have it.......They're saying anyone returning from Mexico should contact their GP if they feel sick, personally I'd be testing everyone as they came off the planes.

I can't believe how fast it spread. Just the other day I heard about two kids,in Caliifornia, who had it. And now all of a sudden several people have died and thousands are sick. I really hope I don't get it, and I hope they can get a hold on it also. Isn't there a vaccine for this?

Thankfully the UK is one of the two best prepared countries for if it does spread. We have the antidote, which does work, so Becca, we should be fine :)

Can't answer the original question though, sorry.

i agree, i think everyone should be tested if the are returning from mexico to reduce spreading it. There has already been outbreaks in the U.S. and not just in one area either. it does have me worrying a bit. but at least (so far) the outbreaks here have been mild and not the strain that is killing people in mexico.

a week ago today we went to the county far, so we were around a lot of people. My daughter ended up being sick, but i think that was more from allergies, so she stayed home from school monday and went back to school thursday & friday. we had been resting a lot this weekend but she has been complaining of tummy aches here and there and this morning she seem to wake up with the flu. so i have all kinds of questions like how long do you have to be in contact with the swine flu in order to get it? would it even be plausiblefor her to even have it? i just dont want to over react and i am taking her to the doctors tomorrow first thing to be safe,so i opted not going to the ER and having her poke an unnecessary amount of times, alone being there all day...

Honestly with the rate its spreading I'd take her to the DR, it said its spread like the regular flu so someone could cough and not cover their mouth, not wash their hands etc. Is a county fair where they have animals, pigs to be specific? I've most probably completely just freaked you out, i'm just paranoid lol. Could you not go to your GP instead of the ER?

Your taking her to th DR lol, didn't read that properly! So you can like ignore that haha

the cases that were confirmed in NYC, the students had went to mexico 2 weeks ago for spring break, even though they are not sure if thats where they got it from, 2 weeks is a long time ago so i guess it could be pausible coming in contact with it at an earlier date before showing signs?

Becca, don't over catastrophise. Right now in the UK there are two people who have had flu like symptoms since coming back from Mexico. They are quaratined in hospital. Right now, unless you've just got back from Mexico, there is nothing to worry about in terms of swine flu.

Flashy wrote:
Becca, don't over catastrophise. Right now in the UK there are two people who have had flu like symptoms since coming back from Mexico. They are quaratined in hospital. Right now, unless you've just got back from Mexico, there is nothing to worry about in terms of swine flu.
Okaay :(

I always get really paranoid about these things... I can't help myself! But I'm trying to not get too worried about this. As long as it normally runs it's course like the regular flu, then... Well! It'd be just like having the normal flu and you'd need a different shot. I'm just glad I'm not going to Mexico any time soon or know anyone who is or has.

I live right on the border of Texas and Mexico and we're fine. All of my mom's family lives in Mexico and no one has been infected and there is no mass hysteria. Don't worry about it. It's very very rare and the likelihood of anyone outside of the border towns to get it is very slim. :D

I was just watching the news and it's been confirmed that there are cases of it in 5 states and 80 people have died from it.

NetherlandDwarf wrote:
a week ago today we went to the county far, so we were around a lot of people. My daughter ended up being sick, but i think that was more from allergies, so she stayed home from school monday and went back to school thursday & friday. we had been resting a lot this weekend but she has been complaining of tummy aches here and there and this morning she seem to wake up with the flu. so i have all kinds of questions like how long do you have to be in contact with the swine flu in order to get it? would it even be plausiblefor her to even have it? i just dont want to over react and i am taking her to the doctors tomorrow first thing to be safe,so i opted not going to the ER and having her poke an unnecessary amount of times, alone being there all day...

I would take her to the ER/doctor as well.

I read an article earlier that said a 32-year-old had gone to a county fair swine exhibit four days earlier; 8 days later she died. So within 12 days....

Here is the article fromAOL:
http://news.aol.com/article/mexico-city-swine-flu/446085?

(hyperlink won't work for me...)
Emily

Mexico City has shut all school indefinately at the moment and cancelled any public events like concerts/ movie theatres/ etc. The catholic church has said people can do confession online - Sounds like its getting quite serious, because I'm such a paranoid person and I'll be living with someone whos leaving mexico at this minute, As soon as I get home I'm going to the supermarket to buy up on cans and emergency goods.

Latest posts

Back