swine flu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Just because you got a head ache doesn't mean you have the SWINE FLU. Dont make us ban you from this topic :p
I still have a bad headache even though I've had neurofen!!

Becca why are you still reading this? You ignore what people say and are just panicking. You've been told a lot of useful and rational info, but you're just allowing yourself to panic. Do you REALLY think your mum would put you at risk?

Why not just stop reading this thread when you know it distresses you?

BethM, actually it IS people coming down with it now. We have 2 more NEW cases in Indiana.

Yes, they closed some schools here today.

I hope they don't end up closing schools here. I have very important exams to do! We're all hoping that *if* that happens then we'llall be givenour predicted grades (AAB for me:D) to get into uni, but I doubt it!

I'm more worried about that than about the actual flu.;)

Flashy wrote:
Becca why are you still reading this? You ignore what people say and are just panicking. You've been told a lot of useful and rational info, but you're just allowing yourself to panic. Do you REALLY think your mum would put you at risk?

I'm only reading it because I want to know whats happening..... though I don't suppose theres any point. I'm not ignoring what you say.... its not my fault I'm a worrying freak. People just don't understand me I guess :(Everyone is getting annoyed with me.

I won't come back to this thread.

You're not a freak. Plenty of people worry, but I think the frustrating thing is that you are not listening (or not appearing to listen). Yes, you are panicking, but that panic is skewing your rational side. I guess it boils down to whether or not you trust your mum. If you trust her, then trust in the decisions she makes. If you don't trust her, then make decisions yourself, like calling NHS Direct and asking for advice.

I also just want to say that no one can understand anyone else. Yes, people can relate (and yes, I can relate because I have all sorts of anxiety and panic problems) but no one can ever understand. So you are right there, no one does understand you, but people can relate.

It's not your fault you worry, but it is your choice what you do with the worry and how you deal with it.

I think everyone's over re-acting about this flu.

I read somewhere a few people gave up eating pork. -.-

and that someone said 'theres no pigs herre, I can't get it'

I didn't even want to bother with that... :foreheadsmack:

Becca wrote:
Flashy wrote:

I'm only reading it because I want to know whats happening..... though I don't suppose theres any point. I'm not ignoring what you say.... its not my fault I'm a worrying freak. People just don't understand me I guess :(Everyone is getting annoyed with me.

I won't come back to this thread.

Becca just calm down, you're fine. If you had Swine flu you'd surely feel it and know it and probably be hugging the toillette bowl right now.

They tested my neices today they are both sick and yes5 schools are closed within 100 miles of me.

My family is not all that worried. Girls already on meds.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
BethM, actually it IS people coming down with it now. We have 2 more NEW cases in Indiana.

I just heard on the radio (Science Friday) that there are at least 2,000 suspected cases in Mexico that they don't even have the results for yet, and are so backlogged it will take them several days to complete all the testing. By the time the results are done, some of those people will probably be well again. Also, that people have had this in Mexico for at least a month before it even got reported.

Just because it's a NEW case, it didn't just happen THIS MINUTE or TODAY. That's just when the tests were confirmed. It takes time for the test to complete accurately. There are probably 10 more people with it in Indiana RIGHT NOW who aren't feeling sick yet, or the test results aren't in yet.

I do wish people would quit panicking over this, it's not doing anyone any good.

NetherlandDwarf wrote:
I have a question for any near an area with the swine flu outbreak or possible out break, are they closing down a lot of schools in your area?

I know here they are closing down schools left and right and it seems like a pattern from north going south.

They did shut down the school atleast one day to scrub down the school. Not sure if they are still closed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak_in_the_United_States

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/28/regular.flu/?iref=mpstoryview

From that link...

There had been no confirmed deaths in the United States related to swine flu as of Tuesday afternoon. But another virus had killed thousands of people since January and is expected to keep killing hundreds of people every week for the rest of the year.

That one? The regular flu.

http://www.courant.com/news/health/hc-swine-flu-fears-0430.artapr30,0,5907605.story

http://www.courant.com/news/health/hc-ctswineflubox0501.artmay01,0,685585.story

:biggrin2:I am starting to enjoy learning about this. I think this is a perfect time to study human behavior.

JadeIcing wrote:

:biggrin2:I am starting to enjoy learning about this. I think this is a perfect time to study human behavior.

:yeahthat:i totally agree - it's very interesting:biggrin2: we're going to be sent info leaflets by our government next week giving advice on flu -

1 phone NHS direct and report exaggerated symptoms

2 contact media and sell story

hartleybun wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:

:yeahthat:i totally agree - it's very interesting:biggrin2: we're going to be sent info leaflets by our government next week giving advice on flu -

1 phone NHS direct and report exaggerated symptoms

:laugh:

hartleybun wrote:
:biggrin2::highfive::laugh::yes::popcorn2:wiggle:agree:roflmao:

Not sure about the rest of the world but the USA has a tradition of making cheesy movies out of things like this.

So those in the USA how long before they make one?

JadeIcing wrote:
Not sure about the rest of the world but the USA has a tradition of making cheesy movies out of things like this.

i bet they are already in the process, they are making as fast as they can. one of those made for tv movies with bad acting... all for ratings

NetherlandDwarf wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:

i bet they are already in the process, they are making as fast as they can. one of those made for tv movies with bad acting... all for ratings
Very possible. :p

JadeIcing wrote:

can i play the part of the housewife whose kids are convinced her hot flushes and bunny-fluff induced cough are swine flu? she's then forced to fake it cos the kids have signed an exclusive deal with Hello Magasine. kids pose for pics holding boxes of tamiflu, whilst hubby prays that the dogs cant get it....:biggrin2:

Well, a girl from Downend school in Bristol is confirmed to have it. It's about 5 mins down the road from me. In fact, we drove past it on the way home from our trip this afternoon!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/8029762.stm

It's worrying, I agree, and it is a little scary that it's now just down the road from me, but I'm not panicking, or overly-scared. It's just something to be aware of and take precaution over, not freak out about. I feel quite safe that our country is fairly well-prepared for a pandemic, even though I don't trust our Prime Minister as far as I could throw him.

Latest posts

Back