Stee Thread 2007

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fey and Oberon are officially bonded! They've been living together for more than a day with no problems (other than Mr. Doofus forgetting how big he is and trying to flop between Fey and the wall she was leaning against :p).

I also took a whole bunch of pictures! They're both really happy. So are Mocha and Loki. With Oberon living in the walking space in the bunny room, he had to be put in a dog crate in the living room while the others were getting cleaned, fed, and given playtime. But Mocha was so upset about that she would pee and poop everywhere, meaning she and Loki have been almost completely confined to the bunny room for the last few months. But now they're free to play in the living room again, as long as they behave!

First, Mr. and Mrs. Whitebutt

100_4291a.jpg

100_4308a.jpg

At last, the big pen is mine!
100_4298a.jpg

Queen Fey in her kingdom
100_4303a.jpg

100_4251a.jpg

Fey's big DBF!
100_4285a.jpg

Geronimo!
100_4268a.jpg

Flat out running. Doesn't he look like a linebacker or something?
100_4276a.jpg

Oberon's idea of heaven: a lovely lady to groom his ginormous ears!
100_4324a.jpg

Now it's Mocha and Loki's turn!

This is what I get from having a diva in the house.

Hi Mommy! I'm awfully cute. Got any treats on you?
100_4317a.jpg

2 seconds later...

What do you mean you DON'T HAVE ANY TREATS???
100_4318a.jpg

Did you say treats?
100_4243a.jpg

Poor buns. Look at how tuckered out Mocha is. It's 80 and really humid, and it's friggin October!
100_4299a.jpg

Binky! The little, shivery, multiple in a row kind.
100_4312a.jpg

And a big binky! Aka bunny with springs on feet.:D
100_4314a.jpg

YAY pictures. That one of Oberon jumping off the sofa and Sprite sitting at the bottom... LOL... she's like.. oh god, is he going to jump on me?. Funny buns.

The new pair looks great together. Charlie was the SAME way with misty - would not groom her for months after they were bonded and I could never figure out why. Your reasoning makes total sense. I always wondered about that.

How was the wedding??? Spa days are the best! I'm implementing spa days all the time now...

Wonderful pictures, thanks so much for sharing those.

I always laugh when I see Mocha, something about that face and the way she poses tickles my funny bone!

I'm so glad Fey has a hunk she can call her own, I'm really glad those two bonded. She needs all the love she can get after her loss.

So...any new pics?

:pleaseplease:

Yay, I'm finally posting wedding pics! The schmuck is my baby brother, and the beautiful bride is my friend Tracy. I met her first, darn it!:p

They were married on the golf course of a country club near Sheboygan at the end of September. I looooove Tracy's flowers! And the cake was stunning- fall colors with leaves instead of flowers, but I didn't take any pics.

100_4084a.jpg

100_4112a.jpg

100_4136a.jpg

100_4143a.jpg

There were two ring bearers, Tracy's nephews. Sooo cute! Here's Nolan:
100_4076a.jpg

And Colin, chucking the pillow on the ground while walking up the aisle.:laughsmiley:
100_4077a.jpg

Time for more bunny pictures too. Here are the lovebirds.
100_4327a.jpg

Oberon makes a nice pillow for Fey's butt.
100_4338a.jpg

What I call Fey's "flat butt pose." Butt down, tail down, totally relaxed.
100_4332a.jpg

Such a hard life. Look at him, sprawled out in the remains of his meal and using a water bowl as a pillow. Must be tough.
100_4334a.jpg

STICK!
100_4356a.jpg

Spa day for Mocha.
100_4340a.jpg

That's right, slave! Get those toes clean!
100_4341a.jpg

100_4360a.jpg

Those toes must be really dirty. Maybe if she'd use her litterbox...:disgust:
100_4361a.jpg

Me too!
100_4363a.jpg

I've been playing with an online photo site:
http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome

What do you think?
100_3409a.jpg

100_4327b.jpg

What gorgeous pictures..i really..really love your guys Angela,and i just love those binky pictures,they made me giggle.

And i'm SO happy to hear that Oberon and Fey are bonded together..that is just fabulously wonderful :D

Cheryl

Time for an update, I suppose. As many of you know, Fey and Oberon had a huge fight and had to be separated. In fact, James ripped the door half apart to get to them:
100_4368a.jpg

It's hard to see, but the door frame is mostly pulled off of the wall. I guess the NIC door wasn't a good idea during emergencies.

On the up side, they have no problem playing together and aren't territorial. Oberon does nip sometimes though, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust them locked in a pen together. But at least they can play together.

A couple pics of Loki looking suspicious of me:
100_4381a.jpg

100_4400a.jpg

Darling Mocha eating a dead leaf out of the "dig box." I thought they'd like playing in the leaves, but they liked eating them more. Oh well.
100_4394a.jpg

Um, Mocha are you nesting?
100_4418a.jpg

A lovely lady sitting straight and tall.
100_4463a.jpg

Fey finally worked up the nerve to jump up on the wierd round chair. She wasn't sure if she liked it or not.
100_4446a.jpg

And a whole bunch of pics of the Doofus, as I have been calling him since he got himself kicked out of Fey's pen.

Vroom! (mid binky)
100_4453a.jpg

This is mine, right? (No, it's Fey's and you got yourself kicked out Doofus!)
100_4386a.jpg

Relaxing on "his" shelf
100_4427a.jpg

Fey's shelf again. He really likes it.
100_4444a.jpg

And he really hates it here. Can't you tell?
100_4456a.jpg

100_4455a.jpg

That's all folks!

Christmas pics! This is the first time in two years we've been able to have a tree. Last year the cats were crazy naughty kittens, and the year before we were moving to the new house on New Year's. The bunnies have never seen a Christmas tree before because in the old apartment they weren't allowed into that room.

BTW, the cats haven't destroyed it, but they did manage to get my bunny angel off one of the highest branches. James saved it before it was too badly mangled. That's what I get for using feather wings.

They all like it, but Fey just loves it. She'll sit under the tree, stick her nose up in the branches, and just gaze up at all the pretty lights and ornaments. Such a sweet girl!

These are all Fey:
100_4554a.jpg

100_4561a.jpg

100_4577a.jpg

Oberbutt, who delights in digging at the tree skirt.
100_4558a.jpg

100_4562a.jpg

Loki: Ooooooo, pretty!
100_4568a.jpg

Is it tasty?
100_4571a.jpg

We wrapped ourselves, Mommy!
100_4587a.jpg

Hey! Someone's ears are in the way of my shot!
100_4592a.jpg

Mocha to Loki: You ratted me out to Santa, didn't you!?!
100_4593a.jpg

Fey and Oberon play together every day, but I honestly don't think they'll ever be able to share a pen. Oberon can be a real dork about pushing Fey around. She's fine with it if she can get away from him but apparently the pen isn't big enough for that. But they are really happy just sleeping separately and playing together.

Forgot about this pic of James and his baby girl Eve. They're sharing string cheese. He took the pic by the way, and set it as our background picture to surprise me with cuteness! So much for Mr. Doesn'tLikeCats!

100_4526a.jpg

I pm'd this to Julie, but then I thought I'd post it in my blog too. I volunteer at the local shelter and this is how the day went.

Just got back from the shelter! It was a sad day though, because I found out one of the bunnies died yesterday. Jinx, the sweet blue mini rex who loved to lick everybody, had a seizure in his cage. He died in the arms of one of the caretakers, one who was totally in love with him. So at least he wasn't alone.

I was also ticked off because the vet said the bunny with malocclusion didn't need any surgery or anything. Gah! Here's a picture of little Beansprout. You can't see her teeth, but you can see that her mouth is open a little because of the teeth.
100_4672a.jpg

This is the adorable little hotot boy who is on police hold. Don't let the face fool you, he's very sweet! I think he was annoyed because I wasn't petting him. And yes, he does have a bit of an eye infection but they said it's being treated.
100_4660a.jpg

Baxter, the tri-colored large boy. He's very friendly and easy to handle, but I'm reluctant to take him out. The last time I did, his "stuff" was hanging out when I picked him up and it was very disturbing.:?
100_4657a.jpg

And this is Buck, soon to be my favorite once Marley gets adopted. He is slightly more shy than Baxter when in the cage. He's used to being picked up, but likes to do the trick where he kicks out of your hands once you start lifting him up. Loki used to do that too and it's not terribly hard to train a bun out of that. Buck snuggled on my lap for a while, then went exploring. Then he came back and turned into a bunny fur rug while I petted him and he snuggled with me. People kept walking into and out of the room on their breaks and he didn't care. Very laid back, snuggly boy.

100_4666a.jpg

100_4671a.jpg

Bunny rug!
100_4668a.jpg

On my lap
100_4662a.jpg

I also played with Princess- another dwarf hotot but with black ears- and Midnight, a silver martin-colored uppy-eared lop mix. I almost always take Midnight out since she has some cage aggression issues and didn't seem to be socialized at all. She's making great progress though, especially since I found her weakness... back massages!

i just saw pictures of your precious bunnies...i just recently found, and joined the rabbitsonline.net, late in 2007....are all your bunnies ok?...i saw r.i.p. by one of the names...has one crossed over the rainbow bridge?...i have 5 bunnies in my kitchen, and need to have them neutered, so bonding can take place again...they're all under one year of age, and cuddly, and feisty, and curious...just great bunnies...suzy:)

Latest posts

Back