Stee Thread 2007

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, I'm more afraid of her breaking herself. She likes to find ways up to high places where she can't get down from, then makes a crazy jump once I notice and start coming over to help. So far though she has bones like rubber.

I'm gonna miss getting my little Dora licks while she's stuck in her cage. She loves to give me kisses.:(

Well, little miss angry bunneh has gotten most of her appetite back. Today I thought to give her the pain meds by mixing it into a glob of her most favorite treat ever: Bene-bac. It worked and she licked most of it off a spoon. I wish I had thought of this yesterday. James came home from work to wrestle Dora into submission so I could syringe pain meds (and gas meds) into her. NOT FUN She does NOT like to be picked up at all. Much worse than the other boogers here because Dora has no sense of self-preservation.

Anyway, she's well on the mend! Now to figure out a way to clean out her litterbox without letting her out... Anyone have a tranquilizer gun?:shock:

Maybe you should take a hint from Fey and use distraction as the method of at least getting the pan out. Not sure how much more distraction it would take to get the pan back in though... :?

Good to hear she is feeling a bit better!!! :D

myheart

kherrmann3 wrote:
I take it that she's an explosive little ball of energy?

Yes. Always. But now she's been cooped up for longer than... ever and will have to remain cooped up. I've never been able to last the full recommended 10 days or whatever past surgery for keeping a bun locked in the cage so we'll see how long it lasts. Mocha broke me when she went on hunger strike at day 3.

Myheart- there is no distraction great enough to keep her from running out that door. But there is a husband whose hands could get in the way...:idea

:bump

Bumping up your blog to find out how little Dora is doing. Thanks to the counter on the thread, she should be due for some excess running by day ten. Did she have her first day out? Did she make you dizzy with her antics? :biggrin2:

myheart

Oh, uh, I meant to post when I let her out! I cheated and let her out the evening of day 9 (last week Thursday). She had been doing binkies in her cage for days with no harm done and I couldn't stand to see her begging any more.

She hopped out, looked around slowly, looked at me, then did a binky straight up in the air higher than I've ever seen her do before. Cue mad dashing and binkies around the living room for a good 30 minutes before stopping to catch her breath.

Last night she was flopping on the couch with me, letting me pet her, and looking like the sweetest little thing ever. Till I walked into the dining area and found all the poops she left just before joining me on the couch.:rollseyes

naturestee wrote:
She hopped out, looked around slowly, looked at me, then did a binky straight up in the air higher than I've ever seen her do before. Cue mad dashing and binkies around the living room for a good 30 minutes before stopping to catch her breath.

Too cute!!! Wish you had video, but then again you wouldn't have been able to follow her with all of her dashing. Good to hear she made the full recovery and back to her normal self. :running bunny

myheart

p.s. I knew you wouldn't make it the full ten days...:coolness:

Hey, I was close to 10 days! That's the closest I've ever gotten, since Dora runs faster and jumps higher than any of the others so I made sure to wait longer.

I think I'd need a properly place ceiling camera that can take in the whole living room to show Dora doing her full speed runs.:)

She hates being picked up now. Probably because we had to give her so many meds as a baby. She's snuggly in her own way though, and loves to groom me. If she's not very hyper at the moment she does like to be petted too. Usually she's just to hyper to sit still for more than a moment.

You should just put a video recorder on one of her main bunways and film her doin' her thing. That's what I did with Berry-Boo. Most of the pictures/video that I took of her were around one corner in our hall!

I can't believe it has been a whole month since our last update on Dora!!!! What is up with that?!!!

More Dora soon, please. :biggrin2:

btw... While posting pics of Dora, perhaps a few picsof my big guy, Oberon, would be good to see also. And while your at it, how about Mocha, Loki, and Fey...? :coolness::biggrin2:

myheart

Yeah, I should probably get on that. I do have some pics that I took a couple of weeks ago, and James took some super-cute pics of the cats. They both crammed themselves into one sack-style cat bed.:)

Dora is still growing. She's a bit bigger than she used to be. She's still a skinny little thing though.

Loki goes in for a dental check on Tuesday, and Mocha's going with him since she hasn't had a checkup for a couple of years now. She's a middle aged matron, time to get her looked at, lol!

:wiggleHad to see if the new pics were posted yet because Dora was the mystery bunny on Tuesday's RO News.

:stikpokeNope.... Jen must have used an old pic of sweet little Dora.... Maybe someday she will be able to use a more up-to-date photo. ;)

Guess I'll just have to check back next week or something...:coolness:

myheart

This blog really needs more Oberon pictures - ASAP.

By the way - how long have you had him? Just curious...I remember when you first had him and I was trying to place how long it has been.

Latest posts

Back