Stee Thread 2007

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing as how Fey and Sprite have now almost totally destroyed their balsa toy, I bought balsa wood at the craft store and I'm breaking out the power tools to play with it. Watch out!:shock:

Mocha is the tiniest fuzzball here, and the most demanding one! Last time she was at the vet (year and a half ago so it could be off a little), she weighed just over 2 lbs. And she has a stubby little body and short legs, so it makes her look even smaller. Sprite is about 2.5 lbs but looks bigger because her longer legs make her look taller. Mocha is a Polish according to Pamnock and she looks a lot like the ones I saw at the ARBA show.

Her boy toy Loki is just under 5 lbs, and you can definately tell that he is more than twice her size! But she bosses him around, and smacks him on the nose for flirting with the other rabbits or cats.:p

Edit: I actually think Button looks more like her. They have the same face and body, just a different color.

Aww longer next time.They are perfection.

Beautiful pics and videos! Your bunnies are all such characters. I cant get enough and Im always thrilled to see an update!

And RE: A midwest get together, we so need to. Either here or like Chicago area would be so great cuz I bet we could convince those canucks to come over too :)

Oh, and I love this pic:

100_3598a.jpg

Thats the Lucy/Mocha/Teresa/Misty/Pipp Diva face ;)

I thought I'd do an update, because we finally took more pics and we're really pushing to get Fey and Oberon bonded. She needs the company.:(

Fey sat by the door all day yesterday. It looked like she was waiting for Sprite. Oberon laid next to her like this most of the day too. Sorry for the grainy pic, for some reason I couldn't get it to turn out right.

100_4005a.jpg

These pics are from the bonding session last night. Fey mostly sat on top of the loveseat while Oberon played. Nearly no aggression, just the occasional threat of a nip from Oberon when Fey doesn't groom him like he wants. She was more active this morning and was starting to encourage him to play chase with her and even did one small binky.

100_4011a.jpg

Take a pic of this side, Daddy!
100_4042a.jpg

*sniff sniff* Is you mah friend?
100_4021a.jpg

Oberon to Fey: You're right, it is nice up here!
100_4026a.jpg

Jumping down
100_4029a.jpg

Must... have... carrot leaf!
100_4035a.jpg

Under...
100_4039a.jpg

And over!
100_4040a.jpg

From this morning, when Fey wasn't quite as depressed.

Oooo, window!
100_4045a.jpg

Awww, Ang, I think you're doing the right thing. It would be good for both of them.

(((hugs))) and keep us up to date. I'm sure Oberon would love to have admittance to Fey and Sprite's play haven (a.k.a. "cage", using the term very loosely).

Yeah, Oberon is definitely doing a lot to help her feel better. Even so, today I came home to find her snuggled up with the teddy bear she always used to ignore.:(

They are getting more comfortable together, and I think Oberon has been making some manly attempts at grooming Fey.:muscleman:

Unfortunately they scare her a bit because they almost look like nipping, but we're getting there!

Haley wrote:
Oh, and I love this pic:

100_3598a.jpg

Thats the Lucy/Mocha/Teresa/Misty/Pipp Diva face ;)

:inlove:

naturestee wrote:
Fey sat by the door all day yesterday. It looked like she was waiting for Sprite. Oberon laid next to her like this most of the day too.

100_4005a.jpg
This is such ahappy/sad pic...

I think they're going to be just fine together.

Goes to show,it's always good to have spare bunnies around.

sas :hug1

Well, I just gave Mocha your snuggles and got thumped off! LOL, what a diva!

I thought I'd give a quick bonding update before I go to bed. Fey and Oberon are doing really well together! They're snuggling a little bit, mainly when I pet Fey and Oberon wants some love too. Fey tries to snuggle with Oberon when he's lying down but is too shy. They play really nicely together. They're binkying together and playing a little friendly chase. Also, Fey started licking his nose a bit, which will really help. Of course, afterwards she kept trying to push her nose under his for some grooming, but he has such a heavy fat head that she couldn't get her nose underneath.

This weekend will be really busy with my brother's wedding. He's marrying a good friend of mine from college and I'm really excited about her being my sister. Friday is ladies' spa day. We all have appointments together for nails, massages, etc. And the bunnies will be getting visitors because my sister's fiancee wants to meet them and so do a couple of my cousins that used to have rabbits as kids. They didn't know you could keep rabbits in the house, spay/neuter, littertrain, etc. so they're curious about my spoiled house buns.

This will be the first time my family is over where they won't ask if Fey has grown because she looks big next to Sprite. Someone always ended up saying that.:tears2:

Aww, the bonding sounds like it's going well!:D I'll shaddup on that note:shock:.

Have a nice weekend. Enjoy the festivities and your family visiting. I can't wait to hear what they had to say about your very "spoiled" buns and their wonderful life they live:p. One word out of your mouth about them, they'll be lost, haha.:D

Well, for some reason any pics I take in the bunny room lately haven't turned out very well. :huh

But I wanted to show you what we do during bonding sessions now:

100_4235a.jpg

They're in Fey's pen! No, they're not living together. But when I get home from work I open Fey's pen up so they are free to move between her pen and Oberon's. I really don't need to watch them at all. When I'm able to watch them later in the evening, I let them out to play in the living room. I could just let Oberon live with Fey now but I want to make sure they'll be ok when I'm not around, so I'm waiting until this weekend to move him in permanently. Then I'll be there all day just in case they get irritated at each other.

Oberon can still get pushy, but not very often any more. He doesn't groom Fey, but she grooms him. In fact, Oberon's fondest wish is fulfilled now that he has a bunny friend willing to clean the inside of his ears! He loves it when we rub the inside of his ears, they must be hard to clean.

Dallas would only groom Teresa once in a blue moon. She did all the grooming. When Connor joined Dallas would groom Connor. Connor groomed both.

Silly rabbits and their dominance roles.

I have noticed though that some rabbits need to learn to groom and love the other. Loki didn't groom Mocha at all until they had been bonded for several months. It wasn't just him trying to be more dominant because he lets her boss him around. He had to learn to like her. Sprite was the same way when I rebonded her to Fey. When I first got them Sprite refused to cuddle at all and didn't even want Fey to groom her. They lived in the same cage but were very much separate. After their spays and an unrelated problem causing me to separate and then rebond them, Sprite found she had to earn Fey's affection and that she liked it. So she started to snuggle with Fey. A couple months after they were living together again Sprite started grooming her too.

So hopefully Oberon will learn after a while. He has given Fey a few little licks but not much, and hardly ever. Fey would love to be groomed by him. All she wants is some lovin!

Oh, and FYI Oberon is officially a permanent member of the Stee home! He's staying forever!

:party:

Latest posts

Back