Stee Thread 2007

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little Obi is with his girlfriend full-time? Oh no...!!! How will he ever be able to bond with me?!!!! SQUIIIIISHHHH!!!!! Maybe you should pack his bags now before he gets too used to hanging out with Fey. Then I might just have to take them both....:ponder::wiggle

Dora is unbelievably long!!! OMG!!! You should stand a ruler next to her the next time she stretches out. Such a skinny, tiny little thing... She has to stretch out as long as Oberon is able to stretch.

I love all of Dora's action shot, but this one makes her look so personable.... This one needs to be in a Caption Contest.

100_6528a.jpg

Great update with the photos. Any more...?

myheart

LOL, that photo just makes me think "Nyaaah, what's up doc?"

I think she's about as long as Mocha nose to butt, but her legs are much longer. But when she snuggles down into her meatloaf position she really folds herself up and maybe 5-6 inches long. It's funny watching her do it, it's like bunny origami!:p

I took a few more pictures today. I'll see if I can get any more tonight. I want pics or video of her flopping but she doesn't ever do it when I have the camera handy. Little booger!

Oh, and Oberon says he's quite happy here with Fey, thankyouverymuch.:p

myheart wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Oh and tell Oberon I met some NZ girls he needs. http://3bunnies.org/oompa_and_loompa.htm

OMG!! They are beautiful!!! How did you ever find them? Yes... I will take them and an Obi, and an Apple, and a Wyatt, and .....

myheart

They are in the rescue I foster for. They are massive. One does these AMAZING flops. Hmm I am pretty sure Angela will not give up Obi. I know despite the attitude from those to they are not allowed to leave.

Those girls are absolutely gorgeous - of course - I LOVE Oberon - can we have more pictures of him...please? Its partly because of him that my heart was so drawn to Zeus when I went looking for a bunny...

Man...! I can never win on the Obi situation! You're no fun!

Actually, if I took a roadtrip, it would be to Maryland to get that little Harlequin Dutch, Lucas http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11776520

This little guy takes my breath and my heart every time I see him. He reminds me so much of Patrick with the facial expression he wears. So if anyone is in Maryland and wants to help me adopt this little honey, let me know.

myheart

I am so pleased for Oberon and Fey - they do look cute together :)

And lookee at not-so-little Dora. She looks wonderful. Who'd have dared to hope things would work out so well, after all she'd been through? Such a little trooper (with great bunny parents).

Jan

Dora is so darn adorable! :inlove:

EDIT: Whoa I didn't notice how old this blog was! Sorry!

Making an update!

I have a few pics to post but I'm at work right now so I can't. I just wanted to post that Dora was spayed today. She was too small to use the laser for the incision, the vet was worried it would go too deep and hit an organ or something! James called a few hours ago and said she's home and hopping around her cage.

Annoying: the surgery took longer than it normally would. Her ovaries were really high up by her kidneys and her uterus was really fragile, more like... a wild bunny. Darnit.

Check in later to see if Dora takes her pain meds willingly or if she rips her stitches out by bouncing around the cage.:shame

I was going to ask about Dora and her spay, but I couldn't remember the date of the surgery. I am glad to hear that she made it through the spay safely, even though it was too long of a surgery time. Go little Dora...!!!!! :biggrin2:

Now I feel bad I didn't get to send extra prayers to her for a safe surgery. :(

myheart

p.s. I think a picture update would be a good thing also.... :p

Kherrman, the guy who gave her to us said the parents were both pedigreed rabbits of some dwarf variety whose name he couldn't remember. She does look an awful lot like a Brittania Petite. Like, nearly show quality aside from her ears. Part of the reason we both still think domestic instead of wild (besides being very slender and long compared to the ones in our yard) is that neither of us think the guy is capable of making up an elaborate story just to get two orphaned wild rabbits taken care of. He was very much on the lower end of normal-functioning people, if not on the high end of developmentally disabled.

Dora is the perkiest rabbit to just have a spay that I've ever seen. She's not eating much, hardly anything but it is something. She's definitely peeing and last night left some squishy poos. But she's been bouncing all around her cage and is only slightly more careful because of her sore belly. She is NOT HAPPY about not being let out. It'll be interesting trying to get her litterbox out to clean it while keeping her in.

I'll try to upload some pictures now...

Edit: and she's only 1.2 lbs!:shock:

Ok, here's a few recent photos. This first one is for size reference. Look at how little she is! And Fey's a small bunny, about 3.5 lbs (usually less).
100_6718b.jpg

Hey, lady! Let me out!
100_6719a.jpg

Silhouette
100_6720a.jpg

These are all from the day after Christmas.
100_6639a.jpg

She's slightly crouched and ready to take off.
100_6646a.jpg

100_6656a.jpg

Hello over there!
100_6661a.jpg

Couch binkies are the best binkies.
100_6672a.jpg

Drop, flop, and roll! Is there a fire somewhere?
100_6685a.jpg

100_6683a.jpg

Such a hard life.
100_6687a.jpg

OMG is she ever long when she is flopped out!!!! I do not know how you are able to handle such a tiny rabbit! 1.2 pounds?!!!

I think I will stick to my Obi... Oh here Obi, Obi, Obi...... Come here and get squished up!!! :D

myheart

Brit Petite's silhouette is astounding. A very slender and long-legged, spoiled and loved bun. She resembles an eastern cottontail yet looking at her silhouette is different from pictures of juvey e/c's we rehabbed. Look at those LEGS. ~ She sure knows how to use them...

1.2 lbs. :shock: ! She's so lucky to be with you and mr. stee.

Yup, yup, yup .... no matter if you love the arm lugs like Obi :D or the elfin whisp kids, they all have their endearing charm.
More TLC thoughts for those post-surgery healing days. :bouquet:

Latest posts

Back