Stanley's Pictures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a quick question: Stan's poops haveseemed smaller than usual lately, and I was wondering does this meansomething like a blockage? I want to make sure nothing's wrong with him.

Stanley is a very cute bunny! All your pictures are great!

And yes, you should be concerned if hispoo's are smaller. Make sure he is getting plenty of fiber. All the hayhe wants, and you might consider going ahead and giving him some freshpineapple and some canned pumpkin a couple times a day for afew days to see if his poos get larger again.

Absolutely watch for signs of GI Stasis.There are plenty of threads on the forum about it. You might check thecheat sheet for a link to one or do a search for it. Carolyn had around with Tucker and posted all the details. There is much usefulinformation in that thread. Good Luck!

RaspberrySwirl

They will sometimes eat, Stanleysmommy, buttheir appetite is decreased tremendously. Since the poops aresmaller, I'd get going with the canned pumpkin,freshpineapple juice, and the NutriCal for the next day or two.The NutriCal has laxatone in it, it helps their appetite, and booststheir immune system.

Keep us posted. You've picked it up early, which is great!

-Carolyn

Well he seems to be eating the same as far as I can tell.
How do you give them the Nutrical?

I saw it a few days ago but I thought it was something that would pass,then remembered it could be something like a blockage so I thought Iwould ask. So if I picked it up early I might not have asked earlyenough. :?

You can put some on his paw, about aninch. Make sure he can't shake it off, as Tucker does becausehe hates NutriCal. It reminds him of his spell with GIStasis. If you put it on their forepaw, they'll lick itoff. Some rabbits will eat it if you put it on a yogurt dropor a carrot. Fauna will do that. You might as welltry it!

:)

-Carolyn

I ADORE this picture! He is so dogarned CUTE!!!

stanleylook.jpg

Okay I'm not sure if we have any but I'll askmom to get some at the store when she goes to get pineapple. I lovethat picture too! I just thought it was time for an avatar change. :)

Do you get a whole pineapple or buy the juice in a can and give it to them in a saucer?

I completely understand about changingavatars. Quite frankly, Stanley looks great in any picture heallows you to take.

Yes, Canned Pumpkin and Fresh Pineapple. :)

-Carolyn

Okay so just now I went in my room and Stanley'sonly gone to the potty once today...he also didn't come out to playwhen I tried to get him to.

Then I hand fed him some hay and he acted a little hungry even though there was some hay in his bowl.

My dad is stopping at the store later tonight for some canned pumpkin. How much should I give him?
I feel bad for my poor baby I haven't really been in there since this morning. I feel like I let him down in a way. :?

Hopefully you took a look at the post that Raspberry directed you to and it helped.

How's the little mon doing?

Saying prayers that all is well.

-Carolyn

Oh yes I saw that earlier. I actually meant he'donly peed so far that day but hadn't pooped at all until last evening,I'm sorry. :? His potty box was full when I just cleaned it thismorning but not like usual.

I gave him canned pumkin last night and this morning, which he loves.No pineapple yet, it needs to be cut. I'm not quite sure how muchpumpkin to give, I put some on the end of a spoon, but not just alittle bit, I think it was enough.

He's drinking and eating and seems to be fine except he's making thesenoises that sound like WHOOF but they're low and sort of sound like agrunting noise. I'm not sure but it's very weird.

I hope he's okay. EDIT: Should I be giving him all the stuff on the link, or just some of it? Thank you for all your help.

I'd continue with the canned pumpkin and the pineapple for another dayor so until you see his poops up to normalsize.Don't worry about giving him everything on thelist as his system ismoving, and you just want to keep itcleaned out. I would, however, give himaninchof NutriCal to keep hisimmune system boostedand the laxatone in it can't hurt. Sounds like you did aperfect job ofputting pineapple in there. Noworries about the amount.I'm glad the little guy isenjoyinghis 'meds'.

Keep up the good work!

-Carolyn

Okay so he's not enjoying the pineapple so much but is eating it.

I just thought of this: Stanley likes to destroy and eat cardboard.Should I keep him from doing this as it could block him up more?

Latest posts

Back