Smitten

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smitten again is experiencing hind quarter paralysis. Paralysis is really the wrong word. She can move her legs but can't stand up. She is eating and peeing and pooping. I did have butt bathe her and will have to do it again. I'm not sure if it EC. If it is then it is slowly taking it's course.

I did start her on tri-sulfa and metacam. I can't afford a vet right now. My care credit account is frozen. Long story. I guess if things get worse I will have to take her and make some kind of arrangement.

Gave Smitten a butt bath as she was very messy. I think she enjoyed it. She is still eating and such. Still can't hop. If she doesn't get better I will have to figure out how I'm going to pay for a vet visit.

Smitten is laying on the floor eating a carrot and hay. Go figure. I'm not sure how much time she has left but I'm making sure she is comfortable.

This really tearing me up inside. I can see her slowly wasting away.

Smit is still hanging in there. She is eating up a storm. She still can't get up on her hind legs but manages to crawl around fairly well. I'm not sure what is but I know I do need to get to a vet. Just the money issue isholding me back.

I starting to wonder about this. She has some of symptoms of EC. I know what the symptoms of EC look like having lost a rabbit to that disorder over two years ago. He was actually Smitten's first companion.

The reason I wondering if this could something else is that she is grooming herself and her partner. Sawyer gets the spots she can't reach. Smit also has shown some signs of wanting to stand up.

I'm calling the vet tomorrow. I'll work something out. Even if I have clean kennels and walk dogs.

Smit is quite the trooper. She tolerates her butt bath well. I did notice the start of some skin breakdown in one spot. I applied vitamin E. I tried laying her on the opposite side but she would have none of that. I can't wait any longer to get her to the vet. The vet at Penn hasn't called me back. I'll try someone local. I have a couple of choices. This sucks.

I thought about Smitten a lot over the month's and wondered how she was doing..had been catching up on what has been going on with her.she really is a little trooper.

It sound's like you got a good deal there with the rescue...

Cheryl

Latest posts

Back