Smitten

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fantastic! I'm so glad they're able to help you.

For bedding, you could try a couple layers of fleece from a fabric store. It's pretty cheap, can't unravel, washes well, and is comfy. I've seen it recommended a number of times for disabled buns.

I know that when Babette was unable to stand and kept falling over and dragging herself around it was really hard. She developed a big pressure sore on her side . That was when I knew it was time
You and Smit have been through so much together ; I know that she'll let you know what she wants.
'Hugs"
Maureen

Smitten has an appointment with Dr. Duggan at Animal and Bird Health in Cherry Hill. Dr. Duggan is great with rabbits. I'll keep everyone informed.

Yesterday was just a downer of a day for me. I kind of lost some hope. Hopefully there will better days ahead for all.

Leaving for the vet in a little bit. I'm trying to remain optomistic. I'm taking Smitten's companion Sawyer with me as well. I will update tonight or tomorrow depending on the outcome of the visit.

It's good news. Smit has arthritis in her low spine around her pelvis. I saw the x-ray. Dr. Duggan did blood work to check her white blood cell count and kidney values. Kidney values were fine. I figured they would be. Smit is on panacur, zithromax and metacam. She might need the metacam for life.

Dr. Duggan feels the metacam should help Smitten get back on her feet. I'll know in a few days.

I'm going to switch all my rabbits over to this practice.

We are all tired.

Smit hates taking her meds. She wasn't thrilled about taking the metacam this morning. Dr. Duggan prescribed a high dosage than normal to see what happens. Smit is taking 1 cc for now.

Will she take the meds if they're mixed in something yummy? I can get Fey to take most stuff by mixing it in canned pumpkin. Dora will take anything that's mixed with Bene-Bac. Mmm, yummy!:)

Still hoping for good results.:pray:

Latest posts

Back