Smitten

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pla725

Reaction score
Smitten, my Satin girl, seems to be dealing with symptons of a UTI. First I thought she was having gas. I gave her simethicone before I went to my part-time job this evening. She didn't look any better when I came home. I picked her up to check her over. She was all wet underneath and peed on the floor. I gave her some metacam to help with the pain. She is sitting in the litter box right now. I'm definitely taking her to a vet tomorrow. No messing around. Just what I need. It's been a crappy month. I'm tired and going to bed. I will be checking her through out the night. I will let everyone know what is going tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. She seems to have perked up a bit today. Smit did eat some veggies. Not much. I have some baytril so I'm going to give her some of that. And some pumpkin to get her to eat.

Smitten did eat some hay and veggies I put next her on her perch. She's decided to rest on top of the cage. Sawyeris standing guard. I can tell he is missing her company. I also got her take some water with a little cranberry juice mixed in. At least it something.

Smitten is doing better today. However, I can tell she is still uncomfortable. It's definitely bladder sludge. So she is going to the vet. Maddie has an appointment on Tuesday so I will schedule an appointment for Smit at the same time.

I borrowed some Metacam from Abner's supply. I have a little left. She's looking like she can use another dose. It's definitely a good case of bladder sludge. I think she be okay until Tuesday. If not I will take her to another vet tomorrow. I have a couple of options. That is a last resort as I am unemployed right now and have very little funds. Another subject for another time.

pla725 wrote:
I think she be okay until Tuesday. If not I will take her to another vet tomorrow. I have a couple of options. That is a last resort as I am unemployed right now and have very little funds. Another subject for another time.
I understand the "little funds" part. I, too, am currently unemployed. Even with my husband's salary, regular bills compounded with frequent vet bills (for our one bun) become stressful and tedious.

I'm thinking positive thoughts for your sweet bun and your job/ funds situation. :pray:

Will be awaiting for an update. Gosh, I feel so badly for you having to deal with all this at once. Wonder if this is a test from the Gods:ponder:. Sheesh. Poor bunners. Poor you!

I took Smitten to the vet. Maddie also went. I was there for two hours. Most of that time was for Smitten. Girlfriend got the full spa treatment. That is urine, blood, x-rays and a shave due to urine scald. Actually poor girl couldn't give a urine sample. She got sub-q fluids as well. I have an follow appointment on June 3. She may need an ultrasound.

Short story is her bladder was thick with sludge. Smitten shares her pen with Sawyer. I couldn't figure out who was leaving "chalky urine" behind. It would be there and next day be gone.

I guess I got so caught with my own problems I failed to notice Smitten and Pete weren't doing well. Anyway, I got them to the vet before things go too bad.

Smitten is on Baytrilfor now. As I said in the Pete thread I'm considering switching vets.

Poor Smitten. And poor Paula! (And a lot poorer after thi$).

I hope they at least give you a break when you bring in multiple bunnies, I think my vet gives me a half-price exam fee for the second bunny.

I postedright after your first post acouple of days ago,but I guess it didn't work. (That happens a lot, lately). It was just a reminder to make sure she gets a lot of water with the Metacam, it slows the blood flow to the kidneys and can damage them, and for a bunny with urinary issues, must be extra cautious. (I know if I don't give Pipp a lot of water/cranberry juice mix with it, she has trouble peeing).

The Library has a lot of info onurinary problems, including sludge. You're already really knowledgeable, butthere may be extra info of interest in there.

Cornstarch is goodforurine scald if she still has that problem.

Best wishes for a healthy warren (and a great job and other goodthings).

Feel free to rant.

sas :clover::pray:

Latest posts

Back