*sigh* Ruby..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
She's gone :bigtears:

My beautiful girl, she was so strong, she was a fighter till the very end. Even with her breathing she survived the anesthetic, but she had one big tumour in one of her lungs and fluid in the other. There was nothing the vets could do so she was pts earlier this afternoon.

I'll write a tribute in the rainbow bridge section later - but I'm not up to it right now.:sad:

OH NO! :bigtears: I am so sorry!

I know you needed to make that hard decision for her, but it had become more pain than pleasure for her if she was struggling so hard. That is when it's time.

You did all you could for her and loved her more than so many are loved in their tiny little lives. She came to you for a reason and what that was you may never know but she fullfilled her purpose and now is binkying free and not in pain.

Give Millie a kiss and a hug for me..... she knew Ruby was sick - she took such good care of her. I wish I was there to help you through.....

OMG, I am so sorry. I am in tears reading this. This just isn't fair. She was so loved and she knew it.

Binky Free Little One.:rainbow:

Susan:angelandbunny:

kellyjade wrote:
It seems so unreal, I guess I thought Ruby & Millie would be around forever.:sad:

Me too, Millie on her own just isn't right. They have always been together.:tears2:

Thank you so much everyone, I had just composed myself but after reading this thread I am in floods of tears again. I just can't believe it.

And I have no idea what to do with Millie - she is distant already. How can she possibly understand this?:(And I have to have Ruby's body brought home and bury it....god this is so hard! :sad:

Oh Jess, I know, it's one of the hardest things to deal with. Poor Millie. Do you plan to let Millie say goodbye? It might help her to understand and grieve:(. After that, maybe give her a special stuffed buddy, this might help her a little too...

We're here for you:hug:

[align=center]:bigtears:[/align]
[align=center]She was one of my favs. I'm so so so so sorry to hear. Man.. :cry1:I was really hoping she'd be okay. *Goes off to cry too*[/align]
[align=center]:cry4:[/align]

I have cried most of the afternoon, so I can only imagine how you are feeling, Jess.

I think it would be good for Millie to say 'Goodbye'. She is going to miss Ruby so much, I think she needs to grieve for her. I know when Perry passed, the hardest thing was seeing Pernod on her own. You just get used to them being together. Let her lay with things that still have Ruby's scent on them, for the time being at least. And give her all the love and cuddles she can take - it will help both of you!

We are all here for you - Ruby was special to all of us.

Rest in Peace, Ruby. And look after your mom and sister.

Jan

You know, we let the horses see each other when things happen like this. We had to bury 2 in the past year and we had to let their "friends" see them and know what was going on. I think it helps.

If you can do it or let someone else help you show Millie - she might "get it".

Is she outside alone now? :(

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Is she outside alone now? :(

Yes.:cry4:I don't know what to do with her, I haven't even got that far yet. I'm just trying to take things as they come. However; I know once she has come to terms with this I will have to do something with her. Winter is coming and I can't leave her out there on her own. But honestly I can't see her being happy inside, or with another bun. I just wish Ruby was back.:(

I'm sending my dad to collect Ruby's body (and the x-rays because I want to see them) so I think I'll try and convince him to show Millie Ruby's body, because I can't do it.:cry2I'm also going to give Millie Ruby's towel that she was always bundled in for meds and always went to the vets with as it will have her scent on.

Also here is Ruby's tribute in the rainbow bridge section:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=27708&forum_id=27

I think that's a good plan at the moment. Maybe she would like another bunny? I know that's hard to think about but my goodness there are so many rescues out there and she might just do fine with one.

I miss Ruby also. I know that sounds goofy but it's very sad for me when I hear that one of the bunnies I "know" has passed away. I know how much joy they are and I know how good of a parent that all of the people here are - we all post on a board about them! That's love!

Keep in your heart and mind that Ruby had a better life than a lot of people have. You gave her a home with her sissy and fun toys and good food. She was happy and tried to hang on for you and for Millie. Take comfort in the fact that she didn't suffer any more than she did. You took care of her and made sure to do all you could.

*long-distance-hug*

Thank you BBB, it just hurts so much - I'm nowhere near even thinking about getting another bunny.:tears2:Millie seems a bit better today since she said goodbye to Ruby, she is acting more herself, but it is so sad to see her alone in her run. It just isn't right.:(

For now I am just going to make sure Millie has as much human contact as possible, I don't know what I am going to do but for now we will just cope. My parents -who have never let Ruby and Millie live inside - feel so sorry for Millie on her ownthat she may be able to move in, so we'll see. I'll just have to take each day as it comes for now, the future will sort itself out.

I've never met Rudy or Millie but I still feel so sad reading this. It's so hard when they go...

It's been almost a year since my Holly died and sometimes I still miss him so much.

I'm sorry about Ruby, you did everything you possibly could do. It's just so hard...and it's so hard when there's nothing the vet can do.

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Thank you BBB, it just hurts so much - I'm nowhere near even thinking about getting another bunny.:tears2:Millie seems a bit better today since she said goodbye to Ruby, she is acting more herself, but it is so sad to see her alone in her run. It just isn't right.:(

For now I am just going to make sure Millie has as much human contact as possible, I don't know what I am going to do but for now we will just cope. My parents -who have never let Ruby and Millie live inside - feel so sorry for Millie on her ownthat she may be able to move in, so we'll see. I'll just have to take each day as it comes for now, the future will sort itself out.

So your father let her say goodbye? It really seems to make a difference! We had a pair of bonded mares and I mean they were BONDED and the old onehad a stroke. The other one really had a fit in the barn when they took her out. She wasn't gone - they had to put her down. So after they did, they took the other horse to see her before they buried her. That horse sniffed her and looked at everyone and then lowered her head as if to mourn her friend. She was ok after that. She wasn't happy, but she wasn't throwing a fit - she knew where her friend had gone.

you are doing the right thing for Millie. She needs some extrainteraction right now.

Thank you Ivory - I know what you mean.:(

BBB - Yes, my mum showed Ruby's body to Millie. I'm keeping things updated on different threads, but I think I said so in Ruby's tribute thread. Millie does seem a lot brighter today though, I went digging through my old soft toys last night and found a couple I thought she might like to snuggle with, plus she has her old bear that both Ruby and Millie loved so much.:(

Honestly, she seems to be handling this whole thing a lot better than me right now.:cry4:My whole family went out for my sister's birthday last night, and I was taking some pictures and when I went back to look through them I saw some pictures I had taken of Ruby and I just burst into tears. I miss her so much.:sad:

Latest posts

Back