*sigh* Ruby..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess,

I haven't been on-line for days...and just got back to checking your thread. I had even put the pic of Millie & Ruby as my desktop background so I would remember to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is heavy now, and I share your tears. I believe you did the right thing having the xray done. That way you knew that you had done all you could. I am so very, very sorry that things did not turn out differently.

I think it was a good idea, too, to allow Millie to view the body. We did the same thing when Stewart passed away in the vet's office waiting room. (I was holding him as he gasped his last, labored breath...and only wish he had passed under anesthesia...I am so glad your Ruby never got to that point.) I brought the body home for Gingivere to view. She groomed and nudged him, just willing her best friend to move. She grieved forweeks. But I must say that a positive result is that she has become an absolute people bunny. Without her special friend, she now looks to us for companionship. So wait and give Ruby time. She may choose to bond more closesly to you...or she may make it clear that she would one day like to spend her life with another bunny. You'll know what to do when the time is right.

:pray:

-Mary Ellen

Thank you Mary Ellen.:hug2:I agree with you, it's best to wait until Millie lets me know what she needs. Right now there is no point on forcing human love on her, nor is there any point in getting her a bunny friend (and frankly neither of us are anywhere near ready for that). She will let me know in her own time what is best for her, but for now we both need to come to terms with this before we make any big decisions.:(

This just allseems so rushed, Ruby only died on Friday, I don't even want to think about the future right now.:tears2:

Jess, I hope you're doing okay;). I still have your babies (the pic of the kiss) on my desktop. I just adore that picture:hug:. Give Millie and kiss and noserub from me:).

Thank you Crystal. I love that picture, that is the one I saw on my camera last night that set me off in tears.:tears2:It's so sweet yet so sad at the same time because you can see how skinny Ruby was - it's heartbreaking.:(

I've given Millie a kiss from you.;)She was being really affectionate tonight - bless her heart. Also my mum has agreed to let Millie come inside on anafternoon after schoolso she can have more human company. It's not fully moved indoors - but its a start!

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Thank you Crystal. I love that picture, that is the one I saw on my camera last night that set me off in tears.:tears2:It's so sweet yet so sad at the same time because you can see how skinny Ruby was - it's heartbreaking.:(

I've given Millie a kiss from you.;)She was being really affectionate tonight - bless her heart. Also my mum has agreed to let Millie come inside on anafternoon after schoolso she can have more human company. It's not fully moved indoors - but its a start!

Letting her visit inside is good for her just remember the temperature changes. If it's too drastic, don't bring her in.

On the good side - if she's inside it might help her get over the loss of Ruby. She will be exploring new things - which bunnies love!

It is hard to think of the future right now, but sometimes it's what helps us get through the tough stuff.

I know BBB, I'm hoping it will help her to be around us a bit more.:) Also don't worry about the temperature - its still warm here so I don't have to worry about the temperature change for a few weeks yet. Which is good as it gives me a few weeks to decide what to do with her.:?

The temperature thing isn't a big deal really, it's mild here. Pebble and Ebony come in a few evenings a week, and they are fine. I usually just keep them in the kitchen which is a bit cooler and I've never had a problem. :)

well here, it's been in the 93° F area and then in the house it's about 70° so I would have to be real careful. We will be moving Heidi outside when the weather changes in the spring. I have to build a big hutch this winter.

Latest posts

Back