Show us your house!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thumpers_Mom wrote:
Here are pics of my house that I don't even live in yet :grumpy:...I'll be moved in next month though. :biggrin2:

HomeSweetHome013.jpg

View from my son's bedroom balcony

HomeSweetHome030.jpg
I don't like you anymore :( Your backyard/porch view is so much better than mine!

*pouts*

:p

I LOVE all the American houses, gah! Why can't we have nice houses like that here :(.

I know they aren't all the same over there, but "The American House" as we know it here, is always wooden, not normally brick unless it's only the lower 2 feet of the walls, is a pastel colour with the window frames painted in a contrasting colour (normally white). The windows themselves are pretty, not just plain rectangles but with criss-crossing wood within the glass area, and often a pretty arched shape. There are always pretty net curtains and heavy drapes. Lots of decorative wanscotting, light fixtures, and the kitchens are large and bright with often wood coloured cupboard doors. There might be floral edgings to the wallpaper or pain in the kitchen, either under the ceiling or along the top of the benches.

There are normally lots of nick-nacks in the home, lots of interesting shaped mirrors, little items of interest, flowery things, flowery living room furniture and bedspreads/quilts etc etc.

The garage is normally attached to the house, and there is normally a large 4WD vehicle parked on the driveway.

The letterbox is normally themed to go with the house, or plain white, and is not an ugly metal box like here but something that is meant to look nice, and sits on a large square wooden post.

Seeing all the homes on here has confirmed this stereotype in my head :p.

NZminilops wrote:
I LOVE all the American houses, gah! Why can't we have nice houses like that here :(.

I know they aren't all the same over there, but "The American House" as we know it here, is always wooden, not normally brick unless it's only the lower 2 feet of the walls, is a pastel colour with the window frames painted in a contrasting colour (normally white). The windows themselves are pretty, not just plain rectangles but with criss-crossing wood within the glass area, and often a pretty arched shape. There are always pretty net curtains and heavy drapes. Lots of decorative wanscotting, light fixtures, and the kitchens are large and bright with often wood coloured cupboard doors. There might be floral edgings to the wallpaper or pain in the kitchen, either under the ceiling or along the top of the benches.

There are normally lots of nick-nacks in the home, lots of interesting shaped mirrors, little items of interest, flowery things, flowery living room furniture and bedspreads/quilts etc etc.

The garage is normally attached to the house, and there is normally a large 4WD vehicle parked on the driveway.

The letterbox is normally themed to go with the house, or plain white, and is not an ugly metal box like here but something that is meant to look nice, and sits on a large square wooden post.

Seeing all the homes on here has confirmed this stereotype in my head :p.
lol....well you're right about the 4WD in pennsylvania.....but that's b/c we get some winters 4 feet of snow!! and since i'm a nurse and have to go to work even when the roads are closed i do have 4WD:biggrin2: a lot of people are ripping out the wainscotting though....it's kind of an old style. and wall paper isn't as big of a thing either.....not like the floral patterns from the 80's. A lot of people are doing the all white walls with a more modern look. I looked at a house today that doug and i would LOVE to buy and the siding was vynal ( i think that's spelled wrong). in New England the houses are a lot of cedar shingles and things like that. i think it depends on where you live.

Can I just ask.... what's wainscotting?!! :ponder:

:hiding:

I have been seriously day dreaming about moving to San Francisco, ever since we got back. Not because of this thread, but I just love how clean it is, the people are so friendly, it's just.... I don't know, it stole my heart! I've never ever even dreamt of leaving the UK before, not even leaving Bristol lol, but for some reason I just can't get San Francisco out of my head! I even miss the morning news we used to watch as we were getting ready! I've found myself wondering 'how it's doing' a lot lol...

If money ever allowed, I could really see us moving there, bunnies and all. I just keep day dreaming about it! :?

Getting back to the thread, I see that there are many people who have promised 'tours' of their house but haven't posted the pics yet!! :p :biggrin2:

We have a 4WD vehicle, too. Will has a Jeep Cherokee. The only reason he has it, though, is because he totally my station wagon when he hit a deer and we needed a vehicle until mine was fixed... :grumpy: He didn't even kill the deer! We still have no idea where my right headlight went... I think there's a deer that blinks while turning right...

My AWESOME "American" car lol

We get icy roads and a ton of snow here, too. People seem to forget how to drive once snow falls. Luckily, we only get a dusting as our first snow. By the time there is a foot or more of snow, people are smarter :p

I feel like i need to post a pic of my grey subaru forrester....lol...except i don't have one....sorry it's not "american made"....lol.....but i got a killer deal on it and LOVE the car AND it kicks butt in the snow:biggrin2:

ooops....let me rephrase that....i don't have a PIC of the car....i do have the car....lol...i really need to read over my posts b/f i post them so that i don't have to keep explaining.

hehe, it's even more tricked out, now...we have a 7 1/2" screen in the front as well as the back. We have another bench in the back (the original owner let us come pick it up).

kherrmann3 wrote:
Thumpers_Mom wrote:
Here are pics of my house that I don't even live in yet :grumpy:...I'll be moved in next month though. :biggrin2:

HomeSweetHome013.jpg

View from my son's bedroom balcony

HomeSweetHome030.jpg
I don't like you anymore :( Your backyard/porch view is so much better than mine!

*pouts*

:p

:)Aww, thx! Hey, you are welcome to come over anytime. :biggrin2:

mouse_chalkwrote:
Wow, Jackie, your new house is gorgeous!!! I love the kitchen!

Is that a hot tub in the back yard, or a pond?!!
Thx mouse-chalk! It is a hot tub but I don't think it works.:ponder:

mouse_chalkwrote:

Can I just ask.... what's wainscotting?!! :ponder:

Of course you can...The wood paneling on the wall is known aswainscotting:

HomeSweetHome014.jpg

I personally never thoughtthat I would like it but I guess when something is done right, it can be very pretty. Gives the bathroom a nice character.:)

Well my house doesn't reach the level of wonderful everyone elses home is but here it is anyways. Some of the pictures were taken from when we first moved in so they are rather ick and some are from a few weeks ago. No bathroom pictures lol.

Kitchen

n687011688_564811_5905.jpg

n687011688_1499553_8078.jpg

Living Room

n687011688_1499554_8457.jpg

n687011688_1499555_8780.jpg

Dining Room

n687011688_1499557_9009.jpg

Front Porch

n687011688_1499556_8703.jpg

Half of the master bedroom

n687011688_564829_785.jpg

n687011688_564824_9449.jpg

Backyard and back of house

n687011688_565470_6635.jpg

n687011688_564835_2396.jpg

Front

n687011688_565472_9031.jpg

Spare Room/Critter Room

n687011688_1499571_7386.jpg

n687011688_1499572_7677.jpg

pinksalamander wrote:
Everyone's houses are so nice. I could never live it down if I showed my little hovel!!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny
oh stop....you don't live in a little hovel. we already saw your kitchen when you posted pics of your bunnies a few months ago....i think it was when you were trying to bond them last spring. your kitchen didn't look like a hovel to me!! lol

oh, i should probably add that everything in my apt i bought off craigslist!! if you saw my sofa close up you'd see all the stains b/c the lady that had it before me had 4 kids and dog and a cat. my couch is actually missing one of the back cushins which is why i have huge red cushions on the back of it. i think the only new thing i have is my vaccuum cleaner!

The only reason my apartment looked "clean" was because we were having company over on Saturday. We took the photos early Sunday morning :p

It's hard to maintain the illusion that I have a spotless apartment lol

Latest posts

Back