Show us your house!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so embarassed about where I live now, gah, but I took some pictures anyway. We can't afford anything like the lovely places you guys all live in :(. This house is bad enough at $304 rent per week.

Not showing the bedroom because it's a disaster zone.

Sakuras' room, her always open cage, a bed, drawers, exercise thingy, drawers and the clothes drier are in here:

DSC03967.jpg

DSC03969.jpg

The 'gym'

DSC03972.jpg

DSC03973.jpg

Toilet and bathroom

DSC03975.jpg

DSC03977.jpg

Living room

DSC03980.jpg

DSC03981.jpg

DSC03979.jpg

DSC03995.jpg

Dining, kitchen and laundry room

DSC03983.jpg

DSC03984.jpg

DSC03985.jpg

DSC03986.jpg

DSC03987.jpg

From the front door, which is up high as the property slopes and the garage is under the living room:

DSC03991.jpg

DSC03990.jpg

Front door looking into the living room

DSC03993.jpg

Peg, I LOVE your house! It looks so bright and sunny! And I always love big open plan kitchen/living rooms.... I really miss that from our old house- I think it creates a much nicer atmosphere- we never used to put off taking plates etc to the kitchen or starting the dinner because it was always in the same room! :p

It looks so nice and sunny there too.. and I love your rabbitry- what a bright sunny room :D

I wish it was sunny here.....

Michelle, don't be down on your house- it's lovely! It's so neat and tidy.... I wish mine looked that tidy lol! :? I love Sakura's own little room as well- so cute! :p

Your house is cheap, compared to UK rent prices! That's about £110 a week- we pay £700 a month for our house, which is... 1,919 NZ dollars per month... About $1,048 US.... I'm not sure if that's good or not...

Pep n Fluff, I LOVE your house too- your deck is so nice- and your lounge looks really cosy- I love the fittings in your kitchen too, it looks really modern and clean :)

I'm loving seeing everyone's houses! :D

Front of the house:
FrontWeb.jpg

We added a fence on the porch. These a photos we took before we officially moved in.

Kitchen:
KitchenWeb.jpg

We took the wainscotting off under the cabinets and tiled, with a medallion tile behind the stove.

Family Room:
FamilyRoomWeb.jpg

We painted it a warm orange color and took out the carpets, adding in hardwood floors. it's now the pool table room. And yes, we have a pool as well.

Loft:
StairwayWeb.jpg

Kept the wall color but replaced the carpet with a light gray.

Yeah Jen, our rent is actually really cheap for Auckland, because south Auckland is honestly the WORST place to live in New Zealand. We've had murders on our street, cars are always getting broken into, lots of gangs and meth labs and all sorts of crap around here. I wish we could go live in the UK gah! I'd love to go live where my extended family live in Scotland (Monefeith I think the township is called), I seriously am sick of living where I do.

The rent just seems alot as Mathew only works part time, he brings in about $450 a week.

Peg your house is gorgeous! Not trying to sound like a stupid NZder here, but it's so "American" hehe, exactly how they show American houses to us on the TV here.

I love all these big American houses *glares jealously*;)In England everything is squashed in or we wouldn't fit!:p

I'll take pictures of my house at some point when my family are out, it's a bit tidier and I'm not supposed to be working.:lookaround:bunny17:

My bedroom gets changed around by the month, the kitchen gets changed around by the week, and the lounge gets changed around yearly to make way for the X-mas tree, so its a mess at the moment :p I will post pics of the pet room/my bedroom, the ferrets playroom/the bathroom (BTW, I cant belive you dont have the toilet in the same room as the shower/bath! Our bathroom is an only bathroom and even then its like 6'x7' :? ) and the living room, although the living room is only recently getting finished with decorating, you get the idea lol. As for the garden, its a disgrace to all things human and animals :laugh:

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I love all these big American houses *glares jealously*;) In England everything is squashed in or we wouldn't fit!:p
Heck yeah! our house is a little bungalow with a 30' (aprox) by 28' (aprox!) garden, in the house is: 3 kids, parents, 1 rabbit, 2 rats, 1 guinea pig, 1 parrot, 3 cats and outside is a huge shed, 8 ferrets, 2 hawks, 1 barn owl and 1 european eagle owl, I think we should convert the lounge into a pet room though...its hardly even used since we are all mostly in our bedrooms all day on computers, doing school work, XBOX 360, card making etc or outside with the animals. :p

Wabbitmom will only allow me to post pictures of the outside, getting ready for Thanksgiving Holiday the house is not presentable, so here are a couple of the house from last year, its a ranch with a finished basement on a acre lot, the end of my lot is the wood pile way in the back. The pool has been taken down though, got tired of the ducks using it more then we did. The car in the photo is our bunny hauling machine.

Frontofhouse.jpg

backyard2.jpg

I'm loving all these American houses too!Theyre just so like American looking lol. Nice houses everyone! And Lalena I love the colour of your house:)

PepnFluff wrote:
I'm loving all these American houses too!Theyre just so like American looking lol. Nice houses everyone! And Lalena I love the colour of your house:)
Thank you! :hug:We're getting a new roof but on because ours got damaged during the remnants of Hurricane Ike. I'm trying to pick out roofing colors to match the siding. I love the siding too and don't want to change it! LOL

Our hall bath, has the toilet next to the tub as well. We have a seperate enclosed toilet area in the master. Seperate from the tub and shower. Most places I've lived it was always next to the tub.

I'll took some quick cell phonephotos, these are of right now so the house is very lived in. :DAnd as others have stated, don't mind the mess. lol. Or the animals lounging around the house.

Front of house (This pic is from when we bought the house in May 08 We have added on a walkway to the drive way)

PIC_0006-1.jpg

View from Front porch

11-19-08_1300.jpg

Living Room

Inside the door to the right - cat area.

11-19-08_1234.jpg

11-19-08_1236.jpg

Other side of living room

11-19-08_1239.jpg

Dining Room

11-19-08_1241.jpg

Kitchen

11-19-08_1244.jpg

11-19-08_1248.jpg

Eat in (where the rabbits are)

Right side

11-19-08_1246.jpg

Left side

11-19-08_1247.jpg

Hallway

11-19-08_1249.jpg

My daughters room

11-19-08_1250.jpg

Laundry

11-19-08_1251.jpg

Hall Bath

11-19-08_1252.jpg

Office - This is the catch all room. All the boxes that have yet to be unpacked, the crap my daughter cleaned out of her closet waiting to go to the homeless shelter...etc. This the room where the door stays closed when we have visitors. lol. So it remains hidden!

Master

Other side has a huge unmade bed, and walk in closet.

11-19-08_1255.jpg

Master Bath

11-19-08_1256.jpg

Door is seperate toilet area

11-19-08_1257.jpg

Here is my house. Please note that all pictures were taken when we were moving into the house and none of my pictures are hung yet - my walls look dull.

We'll start in front of the house:

IMG_0719.jpg

This is a view of the rear. The sliding doors go into the Florida room where Sparky and Scooter live:
IMG_0717.jpg

This is the back patio. The sliding glass door goes into the master bedroom. To the left is the Florida room:
IMG_0716.jpg

A view of the dining room from the kitchen:
IMG_0715.jpg

and from the living room:
IMG_0714.jpg

Views of the guest bedroom (please ignore the mess on the bed-another moving in mess). Snowball now lives in front of the closet on the left:
IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Views of the master bedroom. From the bath:
IMG_0710.jpg

From the hall:
IMG_0708.jpg

Foyer from the living room with bonus rabbit:
IMG_0707.jpg

Kitchen from hallway:
IMG_0700.jpg

Sparky and Scooter's living area in Florida room:
IMG_0699.jpg

Moving back outside, the view from our backyard:
IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

View of living room from foyer:
IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

Foyer from living room:
IMG_0701.jpg

That's all folks!

NZminilops wrote:
Can I just ask though, what on earth is a Florida room? :D
I was going to say the same thing lol! :?

I love all the houses! They all seem to me like typical American-y houses.... That sounds really dumb I know, but it's kind of the typical house you see on TV over here... I love the fact that one-level living is considered normal over there, rather than grannyish as it is over here lol! :p

Becknutt- OMG I love the view from the front of your house! It looks quite imposing but beautiful! Are you quite far out from stuff?

And Patti, your house looks huge! Lol! I love the view from your back garden too!

I'm really glad this thread has 'taken off' :D All credit to Amy for the idea though.... :)

NZminilops wrote:
Another real Americany looking house, so cute! I love it!

Can I just ask though, what on earth is a Florida room? :D
A Florida room is an enclosed, temperature-controlled sun room located on the back of your house. Mine has a sliding glass door from both the dining area and living room, two sliding glass door exiting to the backyard, and a regular full-glass door leading out to the patio. And, of course, windows everywhere there isn't a glass door. If you look at my views into the living room, you can see the door into the Florida room.

mouse_chalk wrote:
And Patti, your house looks huge! Lol! I love the view from your back garden too!
Well, it's not huge by American-y (LOL) standards. It's only 2,000 s.f. I didn't post any pics of our home office. Oh, and here they are called "backyards" :biggrin2:. Thank you, we enjoy the view too. The nice thing is that across the lake is all city park and will never be developed.

Any particular reason why they are named after Florida? We'd call that a sun room or conservatory around here. Ii wish we had one, I'd love to have a nice warm room to sit in.

I will post on Sunday after the overhaul is done. :p

Latest posts

Back