Show us your house!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Sooo... after seeing Michelle's 'Show us your desk' thread, and seeing Amy's suggestion, I realised she was right and we had to start a thread with our houses/apartments!

The deal- post pics of your house- outside and inside, of as many rooms as you dare lol!! :p

I don't know about you guys but I find it really interesting seeing where people live, what their house is like, etc etc :)

I've had a quick tidy round, and taken some pictures. Just need to upload them and I'll start us off, unless anyone wants to in the meantime! :D

Woohoo! I like when my threads spark off other threads :biggrin2:.

No way I'm gonna show my house though, oh gawd :shock:, but I will oggle at other peoples :p. Where I live is like some sorta ghetto haha, the house we are renting is ugly as sin.

Oh! I will have to take them when nobody is home, they will ask questions. :p I want to see everyone's house! :D

Michaela wrote:
Oh! I will have to take them when nobody is home, they will ask questions. :p I want to see everyone's house! :D
LOL! Well I opened the door to Steve's office and took a picture of it, and he said 'what on earth are you doing?' and I just said 'nothing!' lol.... I'm sure he assumed it was just something to do with the forum anyway :D

My pictures are uploaded....I'm scared to go first lol! :shock:

i cant wait to see pics of peoples houses,lol. My camerea is packed in my hospital bags at the moment so it will have to wait till i come home from the hossy

Can i add that for all of our underage members please dont put any information on here that could identify you house, like a street sign or house number for outside pics, and make sure that it is ok with mom or dad that you put pictures of thier house on the message board. This is a great idea and i love looking at peoples houses but i want to make sure it is safe and that no ones parents get mad.

Aah well, I guess I've got nothing to lose!

The outside of my house- the downstairs front window is the kitchen, the upstairs window is our bedroom. The little sticky out bit on the left is our downstairs toilet, lol:

IMG_7816.jpg

Here's our hallway, from the front door- total mess- a bag of litter we've not moved yet, the old shelves from the bunny cage, and a huge picture of Times Sq that we don't know where to put!

IMG_7818.jpg

The kitchen- newly painted from a horrible turquoise:

IMG_7820.jpg

The living room- bunny cage on the left, garden straight ahead through the patio door. To the left just the other side of the door is a cupboard

IMG_7821.jpg

The rest of the living room- excuse our very messy coffee table, it's a bit of a dumping ground! :shock:

IMG_7822.jpg

Steve beavering away in his little office lol- it's a tip but I never have to go in there. That's probably why! :p

IMG_7823.jpg

This is our bedroom- behind me is a huge fitted wardrobe and tons of clothes on the floor lol- so it's bigger than it looks! I just wish we had a bigger window! You can just about see my bunny collage on the wall on the left! To my right is my chest of drawers covered in all my make up and girly stuff. No room for Steve's clothes in our room at all! :cool:

IMG_7824.jpg

This is the spare bedroom- AKA dumping ground lol. The bed is just covered with tons of stuff that we could probably throw out but I haven't got round to it :? It's the worst room in the house for looks lol... soooo messy :embarrassed:Steve's clothes are all kept in the chest of drawers in here!

IMG_7826.jpg

And now the room I'm sure you all want to see lol- our bathroom! :shock: It's pretty basic and small- and yes I have a shower curtain with a map of the world on it lol! I love it!

IMG_7828.jpg

Right, that's it, that's our whole house! The only thing you didn't see was the downstairs toilet, and I'm sure no-one wants to see that lol :p

Now you must all take pictures, because I seriously doubt that anyone's house can be more messy than mine!

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Can i add that for all of our underage members please dont put any information on here that could identify you house, like a street sign or house number for outside pics, and make sure that it is ok with mom or dad that you put pictures of thier house on the message board. This is a great idea and i love looking at peoples houses but i want to make sure it is safe and that no ones parents get mad.
:shock: Yes! I forgot to say that.... People don't even have to do outside pics if they don't want to....

Thanks Fran :)

I'm cleaning the inside up, I can show that, but nobody better laugh :p. The wallpaper and carpeting in most of the house is original (60's) or "new" (70's) haha! Only the lounge has new wallpaper. All our furniture is mis-matching and was given to us by family.

I should be done in a few hours :waiting:

Edit: Just saw your pics as I posted Jen, I LOVE your place! It looks so warm and inviting and MODERN lol! I'm so glad it's not a pristeen little white box, yay! I always think everyone else lives in clean white houses with not a thing out of place.

I'm sorry though, but I laughed at the toilet next to the bath, hehe! never seen that before :p.

NZminilops wrote:
I'm cleaning the inside up, I can show that, but nobody better laugh :p. The wallpaper and carpeting in most of the house is original (60's) or "new" (70's) haha! Only the lounge has new wallpaper. All our furniture is mis-matching and was given to us by family.

I should be done in a few hours :waiting:

Edit: Just saw your pics as I posted Jen, I LOVE your place! It looks so warm and inviting and MODERN lol! I'm so glad it's not a pristeen little white box, yay! I always think everyone else lives in clean white houses with not a thing out of place.

I'm sorry though, but I laughed at the toilet next to the bath, hehe! never seen that before :p.
Nooo, I wont laugh, I want to see your house! :D

LOL- no chance of me EVER living in a pristine white box- a white box maybe, but not pristine lol! I try, and I do really want to be tidy, but I just can't manage it somehow... :? Thanks though! Glad you like my house! :D We do love it here- it's plenty big enough for the both of us. Although we can't really have people round, because the bunny cage takes up a whole wall there's nowhere for anyone else to sit lol!

What's wrong with a toilet next to a bath? Is that not normal? :?

Toilet by the bath, well yeah seems strange to me :shock:! If someone was bathing and you needed to "go", you'd both be sitting there looking at eachother :p. And the person in the bath might get some bad smells wafting over! Our toilet has it's own room, normally only ensuites have a toilet in the same room as the bath/shower.

I love your place, it's perfect, I wish we could swap :(.

Jen I love your house! :D It's really nice!

I'm trying to go around, discreetly taking pictures of all the rooms.. :p If people don't like mine then I'm not to blame, mum decorated it. ;)

My toilet is next to the bath too. :shock:

NZminilops wrote:
Toilet by the bath, well yeah seems strange to me :shock:! If someone was bathing and you needed to "go", you'd both be sitting there looking at eachother :p. And the person in the bath might get some bad smells wafting over! Our toilet has it's own room, normally only ensuites have a toilet in the same room as the bath/shower.

I love your place, it's perfect, I wish we could swap :(.
LOL!!! :laughsmiley::embarrassed:

Over here, a lot of bathrooms have everything in one room lol.... smaller houses and especially older ones don't really have ensuites! I guess Me and Steve don't really worry about that- luckily there's only the 2 of us living here, and there's a shower curtain to sort of separate us I guess... The only time any problem occurs is when someone wants to use the toilet and somebody is in the shower- you're liable to get spashed from the shower lol... But then we do have a separate toilet downstairs... :)

Come to think of it, the last.... 5 houses I've lived in have all had the toilet, right next to the bath! My parent's house has the sink in between but the toilet is in the same room lol..

Lol Michelle for the smells wafting over:pI'd never seen anything like that before until this house the toilet used to be in a wardrobe but they knocked it out and out it by the bath:(And theirs two females in this house so of course you have to wait like 1hr if you need to go to the loo!

Jen I love your house! It's nice and modern but not bare modern like ours which i hateand your kitchen looks fantastic! I'll post pictures of our house soon, ofcourse I should be studying but this can take priority!:p

I live in a Condo, so yeah. :p

Kitchen

DSCF0001.jpg

Front patio

DSCF0002.jpg

Left side of living room

DSCF0003.jpg

Right side of living room

DSCF0004.jpg

Back deck

DSCF0005.jpg

Hallway

DSCF0006.jpg

I l ove to see how in different places , houses are set up different. Our toilet is next to the shower too. But where i am from we also have washer and dryers in thier own rooms , or in basements or in hallway closets,lol

These are pictures of our house from when we had the inspection done on it (before closing on the deal).....there is NO WAY it looks like this now - we're all too much of slobs....but I am getting better. In fact - this thread makes me want to go clean up the living room area and kitchen area - especially after seeing these old photos..

I first fell in love with the house when I saw the picture of the kitchen on the internet. The kitchen and living room make one great room (with a sort of dining area off to the side and then the patio just off the living room).
8ff9d87f.jpg

This shows the outside of the patio (which is where the rabbits are). Notice the windows all around. I love it. (Robin is the one with the super long hair - I'm behind the camera and the owner's wife is talking to Robin).
85a5823d.jpg

This is the patio/rabbitry. Our dream is to move the rabbits to a shed outside and turn this back into an office or recreation room.
0c2a81ab.jpg

This is the front of the house as you drive up.
b6c7261f.jpg

Standing in the kitchen looking out into the living room area - my desk used to be in the far right corner over there under the shelf...
d9ecb686.jpg

Another look into the living room area...
ba2f05bc.jpg

This is part of what drew us to the house also - the little fountain and this area just outside the kitchen window (which faces the street on the front).
acec235d.jpg

And walking up to the front door...
ef44fad5.jpg

NZminilops wrote:
I feel really stupid here...but where does a toilet go?

I've always had the toilet next to the bathtub or shower.....

This is our house as of this morning, I was going to put up the pictures we use when we rent it out but decided to take new ones, scuze my room its a tad messy:)

Dining Room

PB180444Small.jpg

Deck

PB180449Small.jpg

Stairway

PB180448Small.jpg

Bathroom

PB180447Small.jpg
PB180446Small.jpg

Kitchen

PB180443Small.jpg

My room

PB180441Small.jpg

Lounge

PB180442Small.jpg

And the spare bedroom

PB180445Small.jpg

And no were not obssesed with those pillows:p, mum sells them at the market and thats their storage place.

TinysMom wrote:
NZminilops wrote:
I feel really stupid here...but where does a toilet go?

I've always had the toilet next to the bathtub or shower.....
Most houses here have a seperate room for their loo's, weve had one in the laundry too..

Latest posts

Back