Show us your house!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slavetoabunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
And Patti, your house looks huge! Lol! I love the view from your back garden too!
Well, it's not huge by American-y (LOL) standards. It's only 2,000 s.f. I didn't post any pics of our home office. Oh, and here they are called "backyards" :biggrin2:. Thank you, we enjoy the view too. The nice thing is that across the lake is all city park and will never be developed.
:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Awww man I can't believe I put 'American-y'- now I must sound even more dumb lol! :shock:
I don't know if 2,000sq. ft is big or not lol but it looks big to me! :biggrin2:

I said Americany too, haha, we are a pair of silly people :p.

Patti, I just checked and the place we are living in is only 1284 square feet so your home must be a nice size. The entire block of land is 7329 S.F though so I guess there is a lot more lawn than anything (grr, I hate lawns).

NZminilops wrote:
Any particular reason why they are named after Florida? We'd call that a sun room or conservatory around here. Ii wish we had one, I'd love to have a nice warm room to sit in.
Honestly, I have no idea! I had never heard the term before I moved here. Maybe they originated here? I know that there are other southern states that use that term.

slavetoabunny wrote:
NZminilops wrote:
Any particular reason why they are named after Florida? We'd call that a sun room or conservatory around here. Ii wish we had one, I'd love to have a nice warm room to sit in.
Honestly, I have no idea! I had never heard the term before I moved here. Maybe they originated here? I know that there are other southern states that use that term.

because only florida is so hot and humid and miserable in the summer as to need a temp. controlled sun room:shock:?!?!?!

mouse_chalk wrote:
Becknutt- OMG I love the view from the front of your house! It looks quite imposing but beautiful! Are you quite far out from stuff?

No, not too far. About 5 miles from "town." Right on the other side of that hill across the street from me is a gorgeous lake. It's the reason we chose this house. We are down at the end of our street, where the houses are fairly far apart.

OK, I don't have any good photo of the inside of the house. These are some photos of the outside. I'll get motivated this week to clean up and take some good photos of the inside. :) I'm a clutterbug, though...just a warning!
DSC02661.jpg

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]This is the front of the house. The three windows on the porch are my son's room and the octagonal room is our living room.[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02660.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]This is the side of the houes, and our main entrance. The porch on this side is Elf's main play place. She loves to stare through the holes of the "fencing." You can also see the deck in the back. I don't have her play there as often, as it's hard to get to.[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02659.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]The house from further back. All of the bushes are much bigger and the sidewalk has been repaved.[/align]

LadyBug wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
NZminilops wrote:

because only florida is so hot and humid and miserable in the summer as to need a temp. controlled sun room:shock:?!?!?!
OMG, I love that description!!!!! Thank you Anna. You hit the nail on the head.

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I love all these big American houses *glares jealously*;)In England everything is squashed in or we wouldn't fit!:p

I'll take pictures of my house at some point when my family are out, it's a bit tidier and I'm not supposed to be working.:lookaround:bunny17:

lol....not all the houses here in the USA are huge. i'm about half a mile outside allentown which is a city in pennsylvania. we have a lot of "row homes" basically a bunch of homes that are skinny but tall and all connected together. but allentown is very ghetto. i work right inthe city and i hear guns going off and people are getting shot or stabbed in daylight right in front of where i work. there are always needles and crack pipes in our parking lot behind the building where i work. i'm fortunate to live in a decent apt complex and my rent is fairly cheap. i pay $705/month for a one bedroom but most places in my area are anywhere from 850-1000/month for a 1 bedroom.

Jen I LOVE your house!!!! and my toilet is next to the tub too....lol....but what i really love is your stove...i WANT it!!!!

By the way - my house is only 1500 square feet....

I like the way our house has "wings" sorta. You walk into an entryway. If you go forward...you go into the living room/kitchen area. If you take the doorway to the right - you're in the section that has a bedroom at either end of the hall and the large bathroom between the two bedrooms. (You'd almost walk directly into the bathroom). On the other end of the living room/kitchen area - is the garage and our bedroom - with the garage facing the front and our bedroom towards the back.

I like the fact that Art & I can have our privacy sorta by having our own "wing" of the house...and we have a master bath that has a sink. toilet and shower w/ a door.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Minda - I love that style home...I can't remember what it's called. What year was year was it built? I think then style of mine is called "Average Subdivision". It has no character.

It was built in 1911.

We live in the historical district.

ok i got some pics of the inside of my apt. it's a mess b/c tonight's my cleaning night but...oh well. and there's no pics of the outside b/c it's dark but i do have a lovely balcony. ok anyway first pic is when you walk thru my door and look to the left:

IMG_0811.jpg

this is my living room:

IMG_0812.jpg

liffey's castle and to the left is the door to the balcony. to the right i have a desk in the back corner;

IMG_0813.jpg

this is what lif sees from his kingdom...the huge china cabinet way against the wall with the plant hanging by it is actually where my canaries live. doug and i build our own aviary out of an old china cabinet.

IMG_0814.jpg

kitchen. it's actually a lot bigger than it looks this is just part of it.

IMG_0815.jpg

dining room

IMG_0816.jpg

the bathroom is too small for me to go in and take a pic but as you can see the toilet is right next to the tub!

IMG_0817.jpg

lastly, here is the king of the castle....liffey...oh yeah, that's doug's hairy arm NOT MINE!

IMG_0808.jpg

EEEEKKKKK!!! why are my pics so BIG??? when i uploaded them on photobucket they didn't look this big....or showed so much detail!! i think i better sign off for now and go clean up my messy house!...lol

I will be cleaning house tomorrow night after work, then I will take pictures. My house is "stale" right now and needs to be "freshened" up :p. Notice I didn't quite say "messy"....I am a neat freak :D. Well, except for the huge pile of dishes in the sink....

Michaela wrote:
My toilet is next to the bath too. :shock:
Same!!!

If someone needs the loo when someone's in the bath they just have to wait.

the outside of the house (last winter)

whouse.jpg

the back/side yard-yes..that's my clothesline....that's how high the drift was!
wbackyard.jpg

snowstormafter4.jpg

when it's not covered in snow-
DSCF0016.jpg

the house is more or less in a straight line-this was taken from the dining room looking into the hallway and onward into the kitchen....that's Lola in the little cage from when we first got her...and Bella trying to figure out just what the heck that black thing is! note...she's staying as far away as she can LOL

DSCF0017-1.jpg

I would post some pics of my house but its waaaaaaaaay too messy. I'd have to completely tidy it before I did!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Latest posts

Back