Rusty's Corner (number 2)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah no kidding will he teach the other bun how to get into so much trouble. But I've tried talking to my parents about getting Rusty a friend and they said no way. So last night I tried to make the NIC cages so that the cat can come in and play with him since they always come in my room when the door is open. I just don't know how to convince my parents to let Rusty have a friend....

So I went to the Calgary Humane Society to talk to a bunny behaviourist. The lady said that Rusty is in his terrible two years and that he is a teenager. She said it can last from 6months to a year.She said that the cats might help keep him company, and thatI should just keep him distracted from chewing my walls anddestroying my carpet. She also said getting him a companion mightdistract him from being destructive but my mom yelled at me and said no way.So I guessI will need some suggestions from you guys as to what I shoulddo to distract him and also what has helped you guys get through those terrible twos if you have experienced them...

Hmmm Rusty the lil rebel.. YesI have a similiar prob with Baxter! (he's about 7/8 months) and as for digging at the carpet I put linoleum tiles on the floor and have started to think about lining the sides with as well as he just chews and chews on the bars when he wants out... As for boredom since you can't have another bun I would just give him as much access to the kitty's as possible so that he has a playmate. It sounds as if your endulging him pretty well with toys so unfortunately it sound like he just needs more attention...

Keep updating and let me know if you find a toy/activity that amuses him as I'll try it out on Baxter!

sure thing! I think I am going to try bringing him downstairs in the living room to play with the dog and cats.Hopefully that helps.

So he has been acting a little better since I had a chat with him on the bed. I had put him on my bed and told him that he needed to stop acting like a bad bunny or else I would have to get rid of him (lying of course) and he has been a little better. I have also brought him downstairs to run around the living room.

Also last night I scared him and he scared me. I had rolled over to the edge of my bed and he had jumped up at the same time and I scared him to the point where he jumped off the bed and kicked me with his claws. He scared me so bad I swore in the middle of the night lol and now I have a big scratch on my arm. :( Oh well.

Did I ever tell you Im in love with Rusty? Hes such a handsome bunny..we need some more pics!

Im sorry to hear he's been behaving badly. Mine all went through that when they were maturing. Giving them lots to chew on and play with really helps.

Is Rusty neutered? That really helps as well. If he is, you might consider getting him a lady friend to play with. :)

Haley he is neutered and has been for a long time so hopefully that helped a lot then. And I have already tried talking to my parents but they refuse to let me get Rusty a friend so unfortunately I have to find other methods to make him behave better. I have a bunch of tunnels, toys and cardboard boxes in my room at all times. He has constant access to his cage and the rest of my room and what I've had to do is put up play pens everywhere so he can't reach the walls or the corners of the carpet. It has helped stop him from chewing the walls and such. But I'm just wondering if its because he's bored or really is going through teenage years because he hasn't been so bad lately. He doesn't come when I call him but he hasn't been trying to get into things lately. I don't know.

I will try and get some pictures up. I need to find some batteries for my camera and then I will go camera crazy and post some pictures for you guys. And I understand your love for him since everyone at the dog park says he's handsome, and he acts like he knows it :p

Here are those pics you guys requested!!!

PB200171.jpg

PB200172.jpg

PB200173.jpg

PB200174.jpg

I swear, I almost had a heart attack looking at these pics!:inlove::heartbeat::running bunny

I need a "Rusty", omg, gorgeous!

Thanks, now I need more pics!:panic:

Can you say "Frickin gorgeous!":D

PB200177.jpg

and, supercute!

PB200180.jpg

haha thanks! I will sure tell him that he isa bunny babe!!! Although I think he already knows cuz when I take him to the doggy park in his carrier everyone pets him and says he is gorgeous and he just sits there "yeah, tell my something I don't know!"

Back