Rusty's Corner (number 2)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so my mom got a new kitten last week. shes about 2 months old and a siamese crossed with a ragdoll.

after a couple of days i decided to introduce her to rusty. rusty wouldnt come out of his cage so i put the kitten on the ramp (it leasds from his cage to my bed so that he has access to my room at all times) and he came out and sniffed her and went back to eating his hay. the kitten went in his cage and was sniffing around and then rusty ran out and real quick at her and smelled her then he backed up into his little hut thing and pushed sawdust all over her. you know when rabbits clear sawdust from their favorite area... thats what happened. so the kitten ran over to the other side of the cage and rusty charged her with sawdust lol. he did this twice then he came running up to her and pushing his head underneath the kittens face and then the kitten ran out of his cage. i was like awwww. but the kitten hasnt really come into my room again so she hasnt really seen rusty more than 2 or 3 times. rusty was being such a jerk to her but after i told him to be a gentlemen when a lady comes into his house and thats when he wanted to be groomed.

for once he listened to me instead of being the little devil that he is ;)

and i was also reading my book a little one night and when i wasnt paying attention to him he started pulling the sweater on my elbow and when i still ignored him he bit me there and left a little red mark lol. jerk....

anyways sorry i havent really posted anything anywhere its just ive been so overwhelmed with university work and then having to go to work after school. so i was pretty tired. i just went to bed as soon as i got home... :( but im good now!! :D

not yet but i will be making videos of him binkying since he has been waking me up in the morning with his happiness lol. and ill have to get some with himand the kitten ;)

sooo i am waiting to see pics of rusty in his backpack!!! that is such a cute idea!!

Hi Rusty!! So glad to see you posting!

Hope all is well next door in Alberta. ;)

sas ;)

haha all is well here pipp.

as for the pics of him in his backpack, i havent been able to use it for a while cuz it is freezing outside!!!!! i dont want bunnyear-sicles. lol.

i bought this huge bedspread the other day and it hangs over the side of my bed. at night rusty goes under it and pulls the blankets and makes a little fort. well i always wake up with half the blankets!! man he's such a hog lol.

ok so lately rusty has been having the worst attitude problem!!! i caught him chewing my wall so i clapped my hands and said "rusty no!" and then he turned to me and stomped his foot!!! i was like :shock:. so i told him to come and he wouldnt come so i shook his favorite treat box and he ran out half way towards me and then ran back to his spot. i was like you should no better!! have some manners!!!

man he's got a worst attitude problem than me.

so i bought this sort of air duct tube thing. its made of tin. its about 8 feet long. i took this old bed sheet that i had that no one in this house uses so i sewed it up to line the inside of it. then im going to get this harder sort of tube thing with a slit in the middle and put it around the edges of the hole so that he doesnt cut himself. and its just going to clamp on there so that i can take the blanket out and wash it if i need to. that huge tube is bendable and stuff so i was going to make a maze for him to run in. does that sound ok or does that sound dangerous?

i know im sorry i've just been so busy with school

i made a new cardboard castle for him. ill take a pic tonight and post it. :)

im really sorry i havent posted. i have had so many assignments and exams its unbelievable. but i will post a picture very soon.

sorry ive been such a procrastinator

Oh man I have been a busy bee for months!!! Sorry I haven't written anything since Christmas. I was taking 5 classes at University and working as well. I have been working full time since May and by full time I mean 6 days a week.

Anyways, Rusty has been wonderful for the past couple of months except this month. He has been the biggest brat ever!! He has been knocking over my garbage can and pulling everything out of it and leaving it there. Not even eating it or anything, just making a mess. He has been digging up my carpet and chewing my walls. I have gotten him more toys because I thought he was bored with his old ones. I have brought him home more cardboard box houses and such but refuses to play with them. I have gotten him lots of other things to chew but he just seems to be chewing what he is not supposed to. I have had to section off parts of my room so that he can't go there at all anymore. I have had to put him in his cage more often even though my room is bunny proofed (except the walls and carpet of course). I have also had to buy a water bottle to spray him when he is being bad because now he doesn't respond to my stomp or snap of the fingers. He really didn't enjoy getting sprayed last night since right after I did, he jumped on the bed, thumped at me, and then preceeded to dig at my face. Which was quite unpleasant. Gah I don't know what to do with him anymore... Any suggestions as to what is wrong and why he is acting like that? Is he lonely? Bored?

If you guys have any suggestions that I can try to make him happy let me know. I would never give him up so don't be worried that if something didn't work that I would give up the little brat, he's my prince so I definitely can't get rid of him :D

Again I apologize for not responding in like 6 months... please forgive me rabbit lovers!!!

We've missed you!

I am not sure about his behaviors, sheesh, what a brat, lol! I would confine his space firstly, then see if his behavior improves. He's neutered, right? Maybe he wants a friend:biggrin2:.

Well I have begun to confine his space a little. I use the spray bottle on his back side when he's being bad and I have also started caging him more. Before he just ran around all day, but now I cage him when I'm not there and I cage him during the day. I have talked to my parents about getting him a friend but they won't let me. They told me no more pets but its funny because they just let my sister have a frog. He is neutered. I started telling him that if he's being bad I will get rid of him and he always thumps at me when I say that. lol

I missed being here!!!! I just had sooooooo much going on it was unbelievable. But now I definitely have more time to talk to you guys!!!

So I found some NIC cages at superstore so I bought some. I made it so he has a pen away from my walls and any damaged carpet, and I also made it so I can leave my bedroom door open and the cats can go in and out to see him but he can't come out. Hopefully if he is lonely, that will fix it. My cats just absolutely love him and so does Rusty. Maybe his attitude will changenow that he can have room to run and have some socializations... Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Maybe Rusty needs a friend? If your so busy and he had a friend than it could either go one of two ways:

They frolick and play together (ie., groom each other all the time) or:

b) Rusty teaches the new bun how to get into so much trouble as he does - lol!!

It kinda sounds like he is bored and lonley though..

What a cutie though - love the personality!

Back