RIP: Tiny has bladder infection/sludge (thought it was seizures)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More prayers and good thoughts. I firmly believe you are making the best choicefor Tinyright now. My heart aches for you.

I mentioned lead simply because our house is so old, we had to test the existing paint plus the layers underneath - that included painted floors and baseboards (common in the 1850's).

naturestee wrote:
And just an unexperienced note, respiratory distress is common in people with sudden heart problems....
But he stands up to pee? So it's probably not a spinal injury or something?

It's also common as a pain reaction, so it's so tough to know.

I definitely think (as does Peg) that the urinary issues are significant -- he's been peeing frequently --but whether he's retaining fluids because of a heart issue or experiencing pain from a urinary issue is really hard to know, and unfortunately, the treatments for each are very different.

But Tiny is in great hands, and he's still hanging in there as of talking to Peg a few minutes ago, so keep up those strong vibes and prayers.

sas :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray: :clover: :pray:

I wasn't going to update the forum for another hour or so - but I really REALLY need a nap....so I'm heading to bed for 90 minutes and I'll share a short update.

We are starting to suspect that it is indeed a bladder problem like Randy and I talked about. Now that Tiny is more calm and relaxed...he has peed several times and it is obvious that not only does it hurt to pee (or is uncomfortable) but his urine is very concentrated and there is a LOT of white chalky stuff in it.

He just took about 1 1/2 cc of pedialyte from me and 4 cc of banana baby food also.

Part of me does not want to leave him to go nap on the bed - and I'd bring him on the bed but it is quite high off the floor and if he fell or something - I'd feel even worse.

Robin is going to wake me up in 90 minutes and by then the dog's bed covers should be clean enough that I can move in here and sleep on the floor till early morning. I suspect if Tiny makes it through the night and this is a urinary issue - we will be making the trek to a San Antonio vet ASAP. I have looked up some vets and have some phone numbers ready to call first thing.

Just pray that I am correct and he is still alive and ok when I wake up in 90 minutes -ok? I'm sorry to nap....but I have to get some rest or I will really be bad off.

Peg

the pedia lite and the banana food are good.

I pray he's ok in the morning and able to make the trip.

Poor baby.

I'm think of you peg, I know you're doing all you can.

Well - one last update before I go to bed till about 5 am CST (maybe 6 am). We're currently setting up the clean dog bed w/ pillows in the office so I can sleep on the floor with Tiny.

So how is he doing?

Honestly, I'm amazed at how much better he looks. Robin gave him 10 cc of baby food (he was turning up his nose at the pedialyte) and then she dumped the container into something and he wound up eating about 2/3 of it. Since then he has peed once more and was just grooming himself. Great - now he's setting himself up to sleep on MY bed............and he's POOPED on it once too.

I better go claim my bed while I can.....

Peg

I had a snigger at those pics. What a case you have there.

Tiny is soooooooooooo lucky to have you (as you are, him, obviously).

It's 8.22am here and he was the first thing I thought of when I woke up. I didn't want to read anything bad, but I have arrived to cute pics.

I really hope that he continues to fight. Really, REALLY hope.

Thinking of you all.

I'm about to update the title of the this thread to show it is most likely bladder issues - but folks - I need your prayers for something else.

It seems like a certain bun does NOT want to let his mama get some sleep. He lays beside me (in my arms almost) and I pet him and pet him. As soon as I stop...he sticks his nose in my face...under my arm...almost biting me but not quite. He just threw a towel around and is staring at me as if to say, "come back to bed and pet me mama....". Also - I suspect he thinks that this sleeping together on the floor is going to become an everyday occurence....you know "nap time with mama"....

Anyway - everytime I stop petting him or slow down - he makes sure I start again.

I need him to fall asleep so I can fall asleep...

Thanks so much.

Peg

Edited to add: His poop was pretty dry (for him) but still the right size and stuff.....

Ok - gotta go back to bed now - he's staring at me and begging me to come pet him....how is it he knows how to wrap me around his paws?

Oh Peg...thank goodness Tiny is going to be ok :)

Give Tiny lots of kisses on his sweet nose for me

Cheryl

OH SO WONDERFUL...

I thought you'd already gone to bed for the night, Peg, or I would've checked the thread again sooner! Hehe...

I'm so so happy and so so relieved that he's doing better...and isn't that just like him to take advantage of you laying on the floor with him? Haha...he's certainly feeling better if he's not letting you sleep.

More prayers head your guys' way...

Been tossing and turning with a cough. So got up and see this - great news!

Uhh, peg.........didn't your kids want their mama when they were sick?

With the time difference and all, I am just seeing this now.

OMG, Peg, you know how much I love Tiny (we all do) and my heart was sinking as I read all the early posts. I am relieved to hear that he was doing better, but I am still so worried for him (and you).

How is he doing now? Are you still going to the vet?

I am praying hard for him. C'mon Tiny, you are so special to this Forum, you just got to be OK.

Jan

Waiting anxiously for a Texas morning...

I changed the title of the thread, took out 'bladder' issues,because we honestly don't know,he can't really be diagnosed over the Internet. Urinary tractissues are agood bet, but I think we should wait to see what the vet says.

It's really looking like a pain reaction, great call on the Metacam. (Randy comes through again!). Just make sure hegets Pedialyte with it, Iremember how badof a time Pipp had trying to pee when she was taking itwhile dehydratedm, poor bunny.

Here's hoping Tiny(and TinysMom)isfeeling even better when evertbodywakes up.

sas :goodluck

Latest posts

Back