RIP: Tiny has bladder infection/sludge (thought it was seizures)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TinysMom wrote:
Sis again. Tiny is feeling a bit warmer. Mom doesn't know whether to give sub-cutaneous fluids or not. He has been observably eating and drinking normally today - up until just a bit ago. -and he just peed.

Definitely no SubQ without a diagnosis, IMO.

Is he on any other meds?

I'm still searching for some possibles, though, hang tough...

sas

Sis here - Tiny has a dog-style water dispenser, which we have been careful to keep full - he has had access to water though that's no proof that he's been drinking it . .

He lays his head down, then has to pull it up . . lays it down, has to pull it up . . maybe it is harder for him to breathe head-down?

The nearest emergency vet is over three hours away, if there is one in San Antonio . . that is the one thing I personally mould change about our town: we need a rabbit vet! D:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Could the tiny red spot have been a spider bite?
No - it was definitely where he had chewed himself - I showed a picture to a breeder (Blue Giants) and we discussed whether this could have caused his sore hocks or whether it was caused by his sore hocks and how he was sitting differently.

As I write this - he is laying in his bed. He grinds his teeth fairly often and makes little noises (that I recognize because I'm around him so much). He never quite developed a voice like Rosie's Teeny.

His whole body is moving with every breath he takes and every heartbeat he makes.

Some more observations...

a. He has peed twice since this started. He acts like it is hard to pee - not sure if it is uncomfortable with his sore hocks or what....but he has peed.

b. He does not appear to have lost any weight and other than the really bad molt - he was in good shape. In fact, he was starting to come through the molt.

c. He will not take a banana or his treats or anything. In fact, he turns away from them. (Miss Bea has eaten a bit of the banana - she went over by him for a bit and then left - I'm not sure if she knows how ill he is or what - I'm guessing she does...).

Peg

edited to add: There are no sounds of congestion in his chest (like pneumonia or anything like that)

Curiosity question...do you routinely worm?

I wonder, is it possible that he has worms and hasn't been getting the nutrition he needs even tho he's eating?

Possible toxins as Bo stated...definately could be onto something there.

Did he get up to pee?

I think the fluid issue is in the area surrounding the heart and that compresses the lungs? I don't know. But increased urinary output I think is related to a heart/kidney thing,I just read something about that, but my computer's acting up, not sure I can get it back. :(

I did see that the person managed to get through the episode, get her rabbit to a vet and got treatment.

I'll keep looking. (Wish the computer was working a whole lot better).

sas :nerves1

CorkysMom wrote:
I wonder, is it possible that he has worms and hasn't been getting the nutrition he needs even tho he's eating?

Possible toxins as Bo stated...definately could be onto something there.
Parasites, toxins and many other things are listed as possible causes of seizures, yes.

I don'tthinkwhat Tiny'sexperiencing is a seizure, for what it's worth.

sas

I keep thinking, is this a coincidence that Tiny is sick now too? Thats why I keep going back to something like toxins or poison or mold or something in the water etc. Something where it might hurt a little lionhead enough to be fatal but just make Tiny very sick...

Sending lots of prayers for your special boy.

Back