RIP: Tiny has bladder infection/sludge (thought it was seizures)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't basing it on that...the lack of being able to get up etc, lack of nutrition from worms is where I was going with that....grasping at straws probably, but worth throwing out there....

He did get up to pee, and I do treat the rabbits (including Tiny) for parasites. Thank you all for your replies . .

Normally I'd think the same thing about two rabbits falling ill right after each other, and while I definitely think all common denominators should be explored, you're dealing with odds, here. With that many rabbits in the house, illness in several is to be expected.

And the symptoms are also pretty common for multiple medical issues, so...

sas :dunno

I suppose.

I just try to think of the avenues I would take - went through this with Cathy, too.

Hang in there Tiny!

I've seen rabbits come round/recover from things similar, to live. One I'm thinking of lived another two plus years.

You're doing great, you're doing all you can do.

Get your butt in gear and fight, Tiny!

I just got off the phone with Randy (who is such a Godsend to this forum - along with all of our other very helpful members).

We talked about various options - urinary infections (which we suspected for a bit also as we talked) and we talked about taking Tiny in to a rabbit hospital in San Antonio tonight.

Randy & I looked at all sorts of things that could be causing problems - we talked about spider bites, etc. etc.

After a lot of discussion, Tiny is going to be getting something to help him relax and we are going to spend the night here. Randy knows somebody that would know who in San Antonio might be a good vet and he is going to try to contact them.

We do suspect heart issues but I won't go into the reasoning here because I do not want people to have a rabbit get sick and go "oh....its this" or "oh its that" without taking the rabbit to a vet.

Part of the reason we are not going in tonight is that we are not sure Tiny could survive the trip....and rather than have his last minutes be in the car in a carrier (I can't hold him for 150 miles)...we want them to be here with us if he is going to pass (which it does look like).

Continue to pray for Tiny....and for us to have the wisdom to make the right choices. If anything changes then we will try to do what is best for him....including a trip to the emergency vet.

Peg

seniorcats wrote:
Mold or mycotoxins in feed or hay? http://www.morfz.com/myco.html

I just bought new hay - but all of the rabbits have been eating the same hay.

If 'city' water, has the floridation level recently been increased that you know of?
That might be a possibility - I will try to see about that but I can't find out till Monday. Then again why didn't the other rabbits get ill?
Any possibility of lead in the water or any type old lead based paint?
I don't know - the paint in the house is from 2 or 3 years ago and it wasn't lead based (according to the Housing Inspector who could even tell Art what brand it was - and sure enough -he was right).

Prayers for Peg and Tiny

I just read this and it honestly brought tears to my eyes. For Tiny, for Peg, for everyone on this forum. I've had a special place in my heart for Tiny and I can say without a doubt he was my favorite bun on this site. Even though I never met him and don't always respond to posts, I grew to love him in my own way.

I'm so sorry...and I know there's nothing that I can say or do to make things better. But I can assure you that everyone and everybun - Peg and Tiny included - will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight and every night.

I'm sending love, light, and healing...

<3 Alexah

c'monnn tiny, you're strong, see through this mess....c'mon tiny....

we're all praying for you and spiritually holding your hand...aka paw....

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Tracy

Oh Peg I'm just seeing this now. I am truly wishing the best for Tiny and you. :hug:

And just an unexperienced note, respiratory distress is common in people with sudden heart problems. And I have heard that giant breeds are sometimes prone to heart issues.

But he stands up to pee? So it's probably not a spinal injury or something?

Back