RIP: Tiny has bladder infection/sludge (thought it was seizures)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I can't lose him - I can't......I just dont' know what to say....

I'll write more in a bit - but I don't think he's going to make it and I don't know why....he can't even take a treat

Peg

Tiny'sSis here . . Tiny is having a hard time holding his head up, and won't touch banana, or any treats . .

Keep him warm and very calm ... and stay calm.

Don't try and feed treats or give water or anything else, just get everything relaxed... take a deep breath...

s :pray:

Peg just called and asked me to move this to the Infirmary for her.

She doesn't think he's going to make it...she's holding him in her lap and giving him love...

Please pray for her, guys...I really don't know how this is going to affect her...

Please pray that he makes it through this...

C'mon, Tiny, Sweetie...please make it...oh god...:tears2:

Can somebody provide as much background as possible?

Any unusal behaviour prior to the onset? Any change of appetite, habits?

Any different foods?

Any prior signs of weakness?

Any access to anything toxic?

s

I'm thinking there is something in their water supply or something else that is getting to the rabbits.

I wonder if she's using some sort of dish that has lead in the paint or something like that.

Do they have anyone who comes in and sprays for bugs?

Do they use lawn treatment companies?

Do they have oil or gas and is it leaking? do they have a CO2 detector?

"True seizures are rare in rabbits. When observed, they show a swift onset and last a few minutes. Recovery is generally complete."

- that said, seizures are also a symptom of all kinds of other ailments,from heart attacks to organ failure to poisoning, and can also be a pain response from stasis or any number of things.

sas :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

When Peg called a moment ago, she said that it might not have been that he's having seizures...that he might just be trying to hold his head up, which he just cannot do at this point.

She really doesn't think he's going to make it...but I'm pullin' for him...

C'mon, Sweetie....:pray:

Peg here quickly.

The only thing is Tiny has been going through a bad molt. He's been eating/drinking/pooping/peeing normally. To my knowledge - no access to anything toxic.

We had sore hocks that we treated and also some sort of a minor thing we were treating (hard to explain - red spot that had lost some fur - like he had overchewed on it).

No prior signs of weakness that I noticed. He hasn't been as affectionate with me the last couple of days - and about 10-15 minutes before I first posted - I noticed his head going up and down like he was having some sort of a seizure. Now it is like he's fighting to hold his head up and stay awake. His heart was racing - now it is slowing down.

He was really really hot there for a bit and now he's getting cooler - much cooler.

I don't know what else to say or add and I really want to be beside him - but it was quicker for me to respond than to try and dictate to Robin...

Peg

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I'm thinking there is something in their water supply or something else that is getting to the rabbits.

I wonder if she's using some sort of dish that has lead in the paint or something like that.

NO - plastic.

Do they have anyone who comes in and sprays for bugs?

NO

Do they use lawn treatment companies?

NO

Do they have oil or gas and is it leaking? do they have a CO2 detector?

All electric

TinysMom wrote:
I don't know what else to say or add and I really want to be beside him - but it was quicker for me to respond than to try and dictate to Robin...
k, go stay with him, keep him warm and calm, honestly, that's all you can do right now.

sas :clover:

I hate to call your attention back to the forum...but have you contact Randy, Peg?

Edited to add: I quickly IM'd Peg to see if she'd contacted Randy, just to throw the idea out there, and Robin responded to let me know that she'd paged him.

Keep prayin' guys...

C'mon Tiny...Teeny's prayin' for you, too...be strong, Sweetheart...

Word from Robin: "he is lying on the floor with a towel draped over him, she is sprawled next to him and talking to him"

"She" being Peg.

Sis again. Tiny is feeling a bit warmer. Mom doesn't know whether to give sub-cutaneous fluids or not. He has been observably eating and drinking normally today - up until just a bit ago. -and he just peed.

Oh no...I hope he's okay! This must be so scary. My thoughts are with you both :pray::pray::pray:

Oh no!!! I hope Tiny pulls through! Come on, buddy... :cry2 I know I'm certainly no expert on this topic, but Cinnabun experienced something similar a few months before he died... I saw him tipping forward out of the corner of my eye but he sat up again by the time I jerked my head to look at him. Over the next couple minutes he rapidly deteriorated and it looked like he was seizing, though I think he was actually struggling to get up since he was lying on his side. Like Tiny, he wouldn't eat even his favorite treats and pooped on the towel. I was beside myself and basically hysterical and thought he was dying, I was sure he was dying (I was 16 and had had Cinny almost half my life and wasn't good at staying calm). My mom rushed home from work and we practically flew to the vet's, it turns out he was dehydrated (his stupid water bottle had been leaking for a few days so I couldn't tell how much he was drinking, what bad timing on that- we immediately got a new water bottle after this) and the vet injected him with some fluids. Cinnabun and I spent a miserable night as all the excess fluid left his system, but by the next evening he had completely perked up.

Do you think something similar could be happening with Tiny? The vet thought Cinny just forgot to drink since he was old and got dehydrated from it. I was sure Cinnabun was going to die in my arms that day but I'm so glad we rushed him to the vet anyway... I wouldn't want poor Tiny to spend his last minutes being jostled in a car and at a scary vet office, but maybe it's worth a try?

I'm so, so sorry, Peg!! I will be checking this thread constantly until we hear news, hopefully good news.

Latest posts

Back