RESOLVED: Transport MI to PA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldnt find heron Petfinder, but here's her pic from Midwest's website:

inbronwyn.JPG

And her Bunspace Page: http://www.bunspace.com/shelter/adoptable?bunid=831

Haley wrote:
I couldnt find heron Petfinder, but here's her pic from Midwest's website:

inbronwyn.JPG

And her Bunspace Page: http://www.bunspace.com/shelter/adoptable?bunid=831

Haley, I don't think you could see her because I turned her profile to ADOPTED on petfinder. I think that removes her from the public view. I can turn her back to ADOPTABLE so you can put the link in here for everybody to see. I'll do it now!

Lilbitsmom

Bronwyn should be on her way to her new home! Its a nice sunny day here in Michigan- I hope the weather holds up for everyone in OH an PA!

I just got home from Canfield and the the tranfers for the PA drivers. Greg and Lisa were at their 'places' in Amherst and then Canfield and we transferred Bronwyn. It was pleasure meeting both of them.What wonderful people!

Greg and Bronwyn got kicked out of the Amherst Wendy's.... but we got our pictures taken first with a gaggle of Girl Scouts. The manager was not rabbit friendly - his loss!

It was about a 2 and 1/2 hour drive from Amherst to Canfield. Gotta say my butt is tired of sitting, LOL.

Angels for Animals was closed when we arrived. Lisa got there before me.One of the employees saw Lisa peering in the door and let her in. Lisa, her friend and I got personal guided tours and I finally got to see the enormousTree of Marie (pictured earlier)full of cats 'in person'. The folks at Angels were wonderful and welcoming. We talked cat for a while. Dave, I think, has 27 cats of his own. I think I need to take my husband out to meet someone with more cats than us. Angels let us use the facilities and take pictures. This is the biggest and best shelter shelter I've ever seen. Too bad they don't have rabbits.

I would imagine as soon as Greg and Lisa have time, they will e-mail the pics for someone to put here.

Bronny was a little nervous in Angels and shedding. That bunny is one big furry pile of love. Such a sweet girl especially compared to my evil Frankenbunny.

So that's part of the story and I hope pic's follow.

Yay! Thanks Ann!

Greg sent us an email, here's his update:

Bronwyn is on her way!!!

Uneventful trip from Plymouth to Lorain (OH)
Figured though that by the time I hit the Mich/Ohio border the bright cloudless sunshine gave way to the gloomy Ohio gray skies and snow showers.

Hooked up with Ann just fine, and while attempting to get a pic or two of the transfer got informed by the manager of this unnamed burger joint that the bunny wasn't allowed.
Truly a fascist!

Accordingly, if his place is too cool for a bun, he doesn't need my $$ and I stopped at Burger Sling instead

Pics coming soon!

Well, we had a change of plans late last night. Because of the major storm coming into the east coast, the brother in law who was supposed to meet Alohi this morning called and asked if they could meet late last night. They wanted to leave around 3AM to get back to CT as soon as possible. Laura and I were so worried bc Bronwyn had been in the carrier so long and we weren't sure if she would be able to get out and run around.

Last I heard the meetup went well and she was with the brother in law hopefully on her way to CT. I havent heard any updates since then- hopefully Laura will be on soon to let us know she made it to her new home safely!

Hi everyone! I wanted to give you all an update on our traveller Bronwyn. She is finally home!!! She got to my sisters house about 1:30 this afternoon, where she stretched her legs and got to have some quiet time for a while before I brought her home. Once here, she checked out the place a little, has been drinking and eating some carrots rather than her food :) she seems to like her pen, she's sprawled out at the moment. She is shedding a little from the stress. When I first saw her picture on Petfinder, I fell in love with her. And when I spoke with Laura at Midwest Rabbit she assured me that she could make this all happen in order to give Bronwyn a good home. My brother-in-law was telling me about meeting Alohi, and was telling me how he got his pic taken, and seemed a little surprised by all of the fuss. He asked me in the beginning of all of this why I couldn't just go to the pet store, and my answer was there are plenty of rescue bunnies out there that need good homes! I want to thank you all SOOO much for making this happen, she's a sweet and beautiful girl that I am so happy to be giving her the home she deserves. I will keep you all updated on her settling in here. Bless you all and your buns!!! :bunnyhug:

Hello and welcome Bronwyn's mom! It's a relief to hear your girl made it safe and sound. From the brief amount of time I spent with her while traveling, it was easy to see she is a big love bug.

I'm sure you will both be happy and bonded in no time. It's amazing how one special animal can say 'take me home'. It was a pleasure to be a part of the transport team.

Ann in Ohio

Yay- you joined! Welcome!

Im so glad to hear shes home and doing well. Your brother in law is so sweet- tell him we said thank you so much for doing this! I cant imagine many guys would go out of their way for a bunny- he must have thought we were all a little nuts. lol

Im uploading the pics right now that everyone sent. Bronwyn got to meet so many great people on the way. Shes such a lucky girl to be in her new home!

Latest posts

Back