RESOLVED: Transport MI to PA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alicia, Im not sure where in CT it is. Are you planning any trips to PA again soon? If so, maybe we could try later if this doesnt work :)

Haley,

Should we try to set this up for another weekend and just go all the way from Michigan to CT?

I'd have to find out where in CT she lives. I don't recall off the top of my head?

Laura

Yeah its looking like it. Its another 4 hours to CT though. I know with Bunderground the adopter has to be willing to drive at least 2 hours one way. Maybe tell her we're having trouble and see if she would be willing to do that if we tried for another weekend.

Grace just PMed me and she isnt available this weekend so as of right now we have no one available in PA this weekend..

Okay, ladies. I'm going to get in contact with the adopter and find out where she is exactly and see if we can make this work another weekend.

I also saw on the t.v. last night there is the possibility of a snow storm in PA on Saturday! Yuck!

Laura, dont call things off just yet- I just heard from Alohi in PA (shes a bunderground member who has helped with past transports) and she offered to do 2 legs and house her overnight. We have to go with the second route since Grace isnt available Sat.

Saturday:

Plymouth, MI to Toledo, OH (1 hr): Filled by Greg O.

Toledo, OH to Cleveland, OH (2 hrs): Filled by Greg O.

Cleveland, OH to Youngstown, OH (1.5 hrs): Filled by Ann

Youngstown, OH- Pittsburgh, PA (1 hr 20 mins)- NEEDED

Pittsburgh, PA to Bedford, PA (1 hr 52 mins)-NEEDED

Bedford, PA to Harrisburg, PA (1 hr 48 mins)- Alohi

(House Overnight)

Sunday:

Harrisburg, PA to Lancaster, PA (50 mins)- Alohi

Does anyone have any connections near Pittsburg?

Haley, check your route. I don't think driving to Youngstown and then to Pittsburgh makes sense. I believe the route from Cleveland should be going somewhere south and east rather than continuing north.

Maybe taking the turnpike to Rte. 76 to Boardman? I guess it really depends on having someone in that area - Youngstown, Boardman, Canfield area.

Is there anyone in the Akron// Canton area who drive to Pittsburgh?

Youre right, it is a little out of the way. When I put in Cleveland to Pittsburg on Yahoo Maps, it looks like someplace alone I79 would be best- theres a place called Canfield that looks inbetween the two cities. I'll leave it up to you and the person coming from Pittsburg (if we can find one). Im definitely fine with whatever route you guys think is easiest :)

I put out a few emails tonight to contacts in Pittsburg so Im hoping someone can help ASAP!

Canfield has a spectacular shelter, Angels for Animals http://www.angelsforanimals.org/

aplace.jpg

with the Tree of Marie, a giant indoor cat tree sculpture donated by a supporter

treeMarie.jpg

Yesterday I posted on some other (non-rabbit) boards I frequent and haven't gotten any answers. May try again tonight.

I contacted Echo Dogs Rescue (white German Shepherd)because I have driven for them and neither of the folks has answered.They have people in PA and at one time promised me they would help with transport in return. I've e-mailed twice and no response. I expect I will hear from them when they want a dog driven across Ohio.

I'm 20 mins from Greenwich, CT so I can help with getting the bunny there or close depending on where she lives in CT.

Thanks Flash! Hopefully we can get this done tomorrow so we won't need to do the whole thing into CT, but its good to know we have more help out that way if we do!

UDATED: ALL LEGS FILLED!

Heres the final route:

10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Plymouth, MI to Lorain, OH: Filled by Greg O.

12:45 PM -2:30 PM
Lorain, OH to Canfield, OH: Filled by Ann

2:45 PM - 4:10 PM
Canfield, OH- Pittsburgh, PA; Filled by Lisa

4:30PM -6:30 PM
Pittsburgh, PA to Bedford, PA - Filled by Theresa

6:45 PM - 8:45 PM
Bedford, PA to Harrisburg, PA - Filledby Alohi

(House Overnight)

Sunday (3/1):

7:40 AM -8:30 AM
Harrisburg, PA to Lancaster, PA - Filled by Alohi

I am e-mailing Greg now and will meet in Lorain//Amherst rather than Strongsville. S-vill on a Saturday is horrendous traffic (mall)and crowded.

Is it possible to meet the Canfiled person outside of Angels for Animals Shelter? It's the only place I half way 'know' in Canfield unless she has a better place in mind..

Just received and e-mail from Lisa and sent her one back.

Hi ladies,

I am so excited that it makes me cry thinking about my beautiful girl going all the way to CT to find her happy home! Thanks so much for everyone that is participating and was willing to help if we had gone a different route or done it at a different time.

Bronwyn is a special bunny and deserves a good home! You are guys are so great to help and to make this happen. I am indebted to you all!!!

Laura :mrsthumper:

Latest posts

Back