RESOLVED: Transport MI to PA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Im putting out feelers to see if anyone would be willing to help with a transport near the end of the month.

Midwest has a potential adopter who lives in CT, but her brother is coming to Lancaster, PA the last week of February and would be willing to meet someone to transport the bunny back to CT.

I think we have the first leg covered by Laura (lilbitsmom) from the shelter down to near Toledo, OH. Anyone else interested? Im hoping maybe some people who helped with Apple can help with this one?

Thanks!

Haley

If I remember correctly, it wasnt any easier to run a transport through Pittsburg. Heres a possible route:

Plymouth, MI to Toledo, OH (1 hr): Filled by Lilbitsmom

Toledo, OH to Cleveland, OH (2 hrs):

Cleveland, OH to Youngstown, OH (1.5 hrs):

Edinburg, OH to Dubois, PA (2 hrs):

Dubois, PA to Milton, PA (2 hrs):

Milton, PA to Quakertown, PA (2 hrs):

Please let me know ASAP if you can help! I will send out a PM to all OH and PA members today.

Haley

I wish I lived closer to you Haley cause I would definetely help you out.

Anything to help a Bunny get to a for-ever-home.

Susan:)

I could do Cleveland to Youngstown provided there isn't some big snow/ice storm. You mean February and not March, right?

Or I could drive to near the Toledo area (the lovely town of Elmore again?), pick up and bring to Clvelend for someone else to transport to Y-town. I know it's hard to find people around the Toledo area even though we have members in that area and in the Cleveland area.

I am 45 minutes south of Cleveland.

Thanks guys. Ohio is always difficult for some reason. I need to PM everyone to see if this route works or if I should try and route it through Pittsburg..

Sorry I havent responded! We were shooting for this weekend but it's on hold now- Midwest cant get ahold of the lady so we're thinking it may be off :(

Would anyone be able to help this Saturday? I would also need someone near Lancaster to house Bronwyn overnight in order to meet the adopters brother in the morning on Sunday. The routes are flexible- she just needs to get from near Toledo out to Lancaster.

For my own reference, here are the proposed routes:

Plymouth, MI to Toledo, OH (1 hr): Filled by Laura R.

Toledo, OH to Cleveland, OH (2 hrs): NEEDED

Cleveland, OH to Youngstown, OH (1.5 hrs): Filled by Ann?

Edinburg, OH to Dubois, PA (2 hrs): NEEDED

Dubois, PA to Milton, PA (2 hrs): Filled by Grace?

Milton, PA to Quakertown, PA (2 hrs): NEEDED

Possibly Bronwyn could stay overnight with Fran and the adopter could meet her in the AM?

Another possible route:

Plymouth, MI to Toledo, OH (1 hr): Filled by Laura R.

Toledo, OH to Cleveland, OH (2 hrs): NEEDED

Cleveland, OH to Youngstown, OH (1.5 hrs): Filled by Ann?

Youngstown, OH- Pittsburgh, PA (1 hr20 mins)- NEEDED

Pittsburgh, PA to Bedford, PA (1 hr 52 mins)-NEEDED

Bedford, PA to Harrisburg, PA (1 hr 48 mins)- NEEDED

Harrisburg, PA to Lancaster, PA (50 mins)- NEEDED

In this second route, I would need someone in Harrisburg or Lancaster area to house the bun overnight.

Haley, I sent you a PM. Sat is fine. Can pick up around Lorain/Amherst, OH (30-40 miles east of Cleveland and can drive through Y-town to the first rest stop just over the border from OH and in PA.
More details in the PM. Let me know.
Ann

Hi Everybody,

I just want to say first of all how wonderful it is that you can help, even if it is to just send best wishes and good thoughts! This bunny girl is one of my favorites in the shelter. Her name is Bronwyn and she is sweet and shy and needs a special house that doesn' t have noisy dogs and kids running around.

Unfortunately, she has been adopted and returned a couple of times because she didn't like the kids and the dogs. This lady that wants her lives in CT is perfect and her brother-in-law is going to be in Lancaster, PA on Sunday morning. He has offered to return her to CT for her new owner.

I have found someone (Midwest Volunteer who has done transport for us before) that is willing to actually go all the way to Youngstown, OH. YAHOO!

Is anyone available to do a portion of the rest of the transport?

Can anyone house her for Saturday night?

Thanks for all of your help! This might be Bronwyn's one chance at a great forever home. I appreciate any help you can give! Thanks so much!

Laura

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
what kind of bunny is this that will be maybe having a sleep over at my house,lol

Hi Fran,

Bronwyn is listed as an English Spot I believe. She is the sweetest girl and loves to be held. She will bury her head in the crook of your neck and is very, very shy. She is also a cuddler though.

I've been trying for a year to get her adopted and I did it twice, but they keep returning her because she doesn't adjust to the noise.

This lady in CT says she doesn't have kids and no dogs or cats. She just lost a bunny and has been looking online and fell in love with her face!

I would be so grateful if you could house her for Saturday night! That would be so awesome!

Laura

Ok, dummy me! Sorry - I haven't done transport before.

Looks like Greg doesn't need to go all the way to Youngstown, but just to Cleveland. And from there, Ann takes over.

Does that sound right?

Laura

Hi Laura, this is the info I PM'd to Haley. I can pick up about 35 miles west of Cleveland so the driver from Michigan wouldn't have so far to go or get into Cleveland traffic.

Do you know who will be picking up in Youngstown?

Ann

Copy of PM to Haley:

Yes, Saturday would work and the weather is supposed to be ok.

Could they drive her to the Lorain//Amherst area? It's about 30-40 mileswest of
Cleveland. Thereare several Lorain/Amherst exits. The one I am thinking of exits the Ohio Turnpike at Route 58 (Leavitt Rd). About a mile north of the exit on Leavitt Road is a Wendy's (604 North Leavitt Rd.) It would be on the left hand (west side) side of the road for those driving north. I've used that as a meet up before.

I am not really familiar with the Youngstown area but I can take the Ohio Turnpike (Rte80/90 in Ohio) through Y-town to the first rest stop just over the border in Pennsylvania. It's either Route 80 or 90, it's no longer the called the Turnpike in PA if that makes any sense. It would be the old built in the 1940's-50's rest area heading east. Pine paneled bathrooms and a dog run, if any one has been that way. It's one of my regular White German Shepherd transport routes.

Let me know.

I dont have anyone to pick up in Youngstown yet...I need someone to fill the leg into PA (whether were going north to Dubois or south to near Pittsburg). Also, Grace cant do the leg from Dubois to Milton unless we can get her back home before 3 PM (so we'd have to start this early). Then I still need somone to get her from Grace to near Fran in Quakerstown.

And thats if the adopters brohter will meet Fran near Quakerstown on his way from Lancaster back to CT...

I sent out emails to everyone I Know so Im praying this works!

Where in CT is the lady?

If it doesn't work this weekend maybe we could try for another. Depending where in CT maybe I could help. I pray it does.

Ohh linky to this bun?

Latest posts

Back