RESOLVED: Snowy is really 'off'

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've just got back from the hospital- I took a HUGE bag of veggies, including all her favourites, some hay, some fresh grass and some of her Oxbow BBT pellets. And we stopped to get fresh pineapple juice on the way.

They have critical care that they've been syringing her, and she's drunk a little water apparently. She's had the Sub-q fluids as well.

She seems quite lively- did a massive thump when she saw us- I guess she's a bit mad! She let me give her lots of nose rubs though...

Still no sign of poo or wee yet though :X

Hopefully they can get her to eat some stuff tonight, she'll poo and can come home tomorrow, right? Right? :?

I miss her! Want my little girl home already!

:in tears:

Edit to say: I'm going out for a wee bit this evening to see some friends- I really don't want to go but I don't think there's anything more I can do for now. Plus, I haven't seen them for weeks either, and one of them not for a year now, so I feel I should go for a bit. Will update later if I hear anymore!

Sounds like she is doing better then! I guess getting her eating is the most important thing. I wouldn't think she would poo or wee yet though if she hasn't eaten much...

I still wonder what it all is? There is a chance she could end up making a ful recovery, and you never knowing what is was!

By the way, how much does insurance cost? And who are you with? I know you'll say its worth it, and I'm thinking of getting some. Although I doubt anything to do with Lottie's eye now would count as she has already been treated for it now.. hmph.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Things DO sound positive, and I hope your next update will let us know, that she is doing what she is supposed to!!
Its a good thing you got her into care so quickly :)

Thanks guys...

I just got in- I got lift with my friend and she wanted to stay out later than I did. I just wanted to get home and hug my remaining bunnies :( All my friends were surprisingly sympathetic though...

I've not heard any more from the vets, so I presume she's doing ok. They would call us only if she got worse, or went to x-ray or something. So, in this case, no news is definately good news! I just hope it's good enough to bring her home tomorrow. :(

I just can't help but feel so bad for her there in the hospital on her own! I mean, rabbits don't know what's going on... For all she knows, I've rehomed her and left her there for good, and she'll never see the others again? And for all they know, Snowy might not come back? I really really hope that they know the truth! That's been going round in my head all day and it makes me cry everytime I think that she might feel like she's been abandoned.... :cry4:

Thankfully Barney seems to be ok at the moment- he's been very cuddly with Mouse and Chalk though. I'm so glad he has them for company....

The vets are calling in the morning- they said if we dont hear by 11 to call them, so I should be able to give you an early update.

Thank you all so much for the support! :hug:

Fran, my insurance is with Pet Plan. It's about £30 a month for the 4 bunnies altogether. There's a £50 excess and if you do a direct claim through your vets then they sometimes charge a £10 admin fee- so the most you have to pay is £60. Obviously it's not worth claiming for anything under £50.... It's been a lifesaver for us. We'd find the money either way but it's just nice to have the peace of mind of them being able to do whatever's needed and not having to worry about the cost as well.... :)

Shes' in the hopital but you're doing the best thing for her so be proud of yourself.

You took her when she needed it which many people don't/
She will recover from being away from you...

and you are a great bunny mom jen ;)

Hmm, thats really odd. When my bunny doesn't eat i'll try giving him some treats like vegies.

*waits patiently for updates* I really hope she turns out just fine!

I'm sure she'll recover well from being away from you too. At least on the plus side the people at this hospital sound like they're being very good to your bun, so that helps! It always comforts me when Max has to be at the vet's that I know they spoil him and shower him with loves while I can't be there :).

Jen, any updates on our girl?? I'm on pins and needles here! I know how you feel about being worried she feels abandoned, when I was gone over Christmas break I was worried Rory would think I left him. He was indeed very distant with me when I got home 2 or 3 weeks later and it took a while to regain his trust. I wonder if he even remembers it now though! I'm sure your bunnies will get over it too :)

Actually, now that I think about it, I once had to leave max at my mom's for an entire month without me coming to see him (yes, that was REALLY hard for me, heh).. but when I came to get him, I could see it took him a minute to realize who I was and that I was really there, but after that he was just SO HAPPY to have his mommy back. :hearts

No news yet guys....

*waits by phone willing it to ring*

I woke up crying this morning :tears2: I just want her back home! Even if she's mad at me, and scratches my arm to bits. I'd love to have my arm scratched to bits right now.... :(

Thank you so much for all your well-wishes and thoughts, they mean so much to me :bunnieskiss

They just called.....

[align=center]SHE POOED!!!!! SHE'S COMING HOME!!!!!!
[/align]
[align=center]YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/align]
And weed lots and ate 'loads' all through the night apparently!

And not just a bit of poo 'absolutely loads' apparently!!!!

[align=center]WOOOOOOOOO!
[/align]
I am so happy, I just ran upstairs, jumped on Steve, and nearly broke his foot in the process, and burst into tears lol... Our little girl is coming home!!

We're going to get her in ONE HOUR!!!!

[align=center]:weee::yahoo::weee::yahoo::weee::yahoo::weee::yahoo::weee::yahoo::weee::yahoo::weee::yahoo:
[/align]

Thanks guys! :biggrin2:

We bought her home a few minutes ago. She seems quite scared, and sat in the corner for a while before hopping round the room, and she's just stretched herself out on the shelf :D

We've put their breakfast down, but the other 3 haven't noticed yet...

I gave the nurse yesterday a bag of pellets for Snowy, about 3-4 days worth. She's eaten at least half that overnight! :shock: And a huge bag of veg- about 2 meals worth, also mostly all gone :shock:

She's not eaten or pooed so far since she came home, but it's only been a little while yet...

We have some Fibreplex paste to give her- a probiotic with fibre that's apparently carrot flavour. Anyone heard of it? I'm sure I have somewhere.... We've not given it to her yet though...

So good to have her home! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back