(RESOLVED!!!!!) - REHOME: NJ/NY - BUCKLEY HAS A NEW HOME IN NY!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HE'S HOME with me!!!!!!

Met Ren and her boyfriend at the Nice N East convenience store as planned at 10:01 and did the transfer... had a stop in Tully for an hour and a half to see a friend and her daughter and to give Buckley a break from the car and a drink and time in the shade.

He's just ADORABLE and his coat is so soft... right now he is in the living room in his cage so he can see what goes on here... Jeff the tabby catcame over to investigate the new face and Buckley thumped his feet and sent Jeff scrambling for cover. He looked pretty pleased with himself and did more thumping to let me know he was here and he's watching me now.

On the ride home, he kept turning to look at me and then he would relax facing the opposite way, just to watch me out of the corner of his right eye. He is watching me now and eating some hay and has used his litter pan a few times.

Jim - what did the "B" stand for in Buckley B. Bunny? My friend was asking and I said I don't know.

Thank you to Jim and Ren for getting him to me - I have some bonding to do with the little guy.

Denise

HE'S HOME with me!!!!!!

Met Ren and her boyfriend at the Nice N East convenience store as planned at 10:01 and did the transfer... had a stop in Tully for an hour and a half to see a friend and her daughter and to give Buckley a break from the car and a drink and time in the shade.

He's just ADORABLE and his coat is so soft... right now he is in the living room in his cage so he can see what goes on here... Jeff the tabby catcame over to investigate the new face and Buckley thumped his feet and sent Jeff scrambling for cover. He looked pretty pleased with himself and did more thumping to let me know he was here and he's watching me now.

On the ride home, he kept turning to look at me and then he would relax facing the opposite way, just to watch me out of the corner of his right eye. He is watching me now and eating some hay and has used his litter pan a few times.

Jim - what did the "B" stand for in Buckley B. Bunny? My friend was asking and I said I don't know.

Thank you to Jim and Ren for getting him to me - I have some bonding to do with the little guy.

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
HE'S HOME with me!!!!!!

:woohooI'm glad everything went smoothly!!

He's definately full of attitude.
I think it's a mini-rex-thing.;)
I also think that's why he'll adjust to just about anything he needs to.

:biggrin:

"B", because he was from Brooklyn....
....."Buckley the Brooklyn Bunny"

... Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NYC ... to be more precise.

Actually, all of my bunnies have the middle intial "B", and the last name "Bunny"
.... because they"Be" a"Bunny". :wink
Benji B Bunny
Brindle B Bunny
Binkie B Bunny
...etc.

Yea! I'm so glad all went well :)Can't wait to see some pictures of Buckley in his new home.

Jim, Love the "Be a Bunny" thing :dude:

Jim:

I lived in Park Slope in Brooklyn for a year and a half near Prospect Park... that was back in 1987 and it was shocking to me to see the pet rabbits dumped there... a beautiful broken black lop rabbit stands out in my mind...

The B can also stand for "Bloomfield" now but I love the "Be a Bunny!" My stepdad would write me cards and would say "B good" or "C U soon..." so "B a bunny" works!!!

:inlove::yahoo::grouphug

Many, many thanks to you and Ren and I am so glad I could help this special rabbit out. May he have many more happy years! :toast:

Denise

I just got in about a half hour ago; Steve is a zookeeper and insists on seeing any area zoos when I force him to come along on lengthy road trips (from home to syracuse is about 3.5-4 hours one way!) so we stopped into the zoo in Syracuse after Buckley was handed off to the very capable care of Denise :) I did take a picture of him chilling out in my car; he tried eating the newspaper in transit but I was able to distract him with an ample serving of greens. I will post it up ASAP!

I'm so very happy I was able to assist two wonder RO members and a very special bunny. And thank you both for meeting me at destinations along the way! SO excited about Buckley's new home; I wish him all the best with you, Denise.

buckley.jpg

Buckley upon arrival in Tully NY. He *had* a nice little bed and a bunch of hay, but of course he pushed that all aside to nervously shred newspaper on the ride up, haha.

I'm so glad we could make this happen for Buckley!

Thank you so very much, Ren and Denise!!!

PS: Buckley LOVES to shred paper :biggrin:

Actually, Buckley gave me a surprise this morning... I was cleaning cages and he was honking at me in a doe-like manner... a stroke of his back had him lift his tail and present himself in the way a receptive doe presents to a buck...hmmmm.... If that had been Segal I would have been sprayed twice!

I picked him up and as I mentioned in my blog, Taco Bell was staring me in the face... not Yankee Franks! Buckley is a doe (and a most beautiful one at that!!!).

I kept getting the feeling in the car that he/she wanted to be called BB so while she will always be Buckley B. Bunny, she is affectionately nicknamed "BB", because she B a bunny!

She has an old fleece saddlepad to dig in and perch on and she watches everything I do... I almost feel like I am her pet as I fascinate her! She was also grateful for her snack of a small carrot and a dandelion leaf (my morning routine here).

Jim - is there a favorite kind of paper for shredding that Buckley likes?

Denise

He's a she. Oh no, I should get my bun's rechecked!!! They sometimes do things that make wonder if my vet really saw the right parts down there??? :shock: I do not want baby bunnies. And, yes, I want to get these buns speutered asap. I can't put a medieval style chastity belt on a bun? Guess I'll be separating them from now on (just a fence between them so they can see each other).

That's a gorgeous bun you have there with the formerly known Buckley now BB. I just want to reach through the screen to touch that velvety coat :biggrin:

DeniseJP wrote:
Actually, Buckley gave me a surprise this morning... I was cleaning cages and he was honking at me in a doe-like manner... a stroke of his back had him lift his tail and present himself in the way a receptive doe presents to a buck...hmmmm.... If that had been Segal I would have been sprayed twice!

I picked him up and as I mentioned in my blog, Taco Bell was staring me in the face... not Yankee Franks! Buckley is a doe (and a most beautiful one at that!!!).

I kept getting the feeling in the car that he/she wanted to be called BB so while she will always be Buckley B. Bunny, she is affectionately nicknamed "BB", because she B a bunny!

She has an old fleece saddlepad to dig in and perch on and she watches everything I do... I almost feel like I am her pet as I fascinate her! She was also grateful for her snack of a small carrot and a dandelion leaf (my morning routine here).

Jim - is there a favorite kind of paper for shredding that Buckley likes?

Denise
:shock:

You know....I always had my suspicions about B's gender. She never let me handle her long enough to confirm.

I wonder if that's why she was so agitated when she stayed here.
4 of my does are still intact, and she may have caught their scent on me.

And no wonder she has such an elegant dewlap!

I often called her "Brooklyn" ....

And, she loves to shred ANY kind of paper....newspaper, phone books, paper tubes, etc.

:biggrin:

The dewlap was another giveaway... I remembered you said Buckley was fat but that luxurious dewlap...even when I have had a plump buck they never had a dewlap like that.;)

She was pretty territorial about her space but I told her I have Checkered Giants and the honking of a smaller rabbit was not going to do me in... I have been bitten and scratched by worse.

Her coat is just amazing - almost brindled - and her beautiful eyes....can you just tell I love this rabbit? I have her in the shade outside where there is a nice breeze and I am weeding so there are lots of treats for later for the ducks and rabbits.

More sunscreen, more diet Pepsi and I am back into manual weedwhacker mode.

Denise

Ahh Buckley is a girl! SO funny! No wonder she is such a little chub!

Is there any way we can maybe see about raising funds to help with her spay? I imagine she would be so much friendlier after those hormones died down.

Latest posts

Back