(RESOLVED!!!!!) - REHOME: NJ/NY - BUCKLEY HAS A NEW HOME IN NY!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
Anyone remember the mini rex that I rescued, fostered, and then rehomed in 2007?

Buckley B Bunny now needs a new home.
Sadly, his owners cannot keep him any longer...so they contacted me to see if I could take him back.
I'm really quite cramped for space and have very limited resources. However, I could probably foster him for a short while until a new home can be found.

He about 5 years old, and FULL of that typical mini rex character that his breed is known for.
I don't think he's been neutered.
He has no health issues.
AND HE'S GORGEOUS!!!

Here's his original story..
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=25601&forum_id=6&page=1

These pics are from almost 3 years ago, but he probably looks the same....CUTE!!!!

Aw he is cute!

I hope he finds a new home soon! I wish I could take him, but I can't take any more males. My two boys would not be happy!

Good luck!

Aw :( Wish I could help, but I'm about at capacity critter-wise here. Do let me know if you need help with transport, fostering, or anything of the like though! I travel through the entire tristate area so if you find a home in CT, NY, NJ, MA, PA, etc. that's a bit too far I can transport. I'm regularly in reading, scranton, danbury, watkins glen, albany, northern nj, and sometimes even near boston.

Dragonrain wrote:
Aw he is cute!

I hope he finds a new home soon! I wish I could take him, but I can't take any more males. My two boys would not be happy!

Good luck!
Hi Chelle!

Yep....he's cute for sure!!
I had a really hard time letting him go the first time I fostered him.

RandomWiktor wrote:
Aw :( Wish I could help, but I'm about at capacity critter-wise here. Do let me know if you need help with transport, fostering, or anything of the like though! I travel through the entire tristate area so if you find a home in CT, NY, NJ, MA, PA, etc. that's a bit too far I can transport. I'm regularly in reading, scranton, danbury, watkins glen, albany, northern nj, and sometimes even near boston.
Hi Ren!!

I know about being at capacity, too. I'd have to clear out a space in my workshop if I need to foster Buckley. My resources are pretty limited right now, too.

Thanks for the offer to help with transport. Every little bit helps!!

Aw Jim, I really love mini rexes and actually would want one some day. I don't have the space for a 3rd boy, and my Toby would go ballistic with an unfixed boy in the apt. I work closely with NYC Animal Care & Control for rabbits and the NYC chapter of HRS. We currently do not have any mini rexes up for adoption so if anyone asks, I'll mention Buckley. I'll let you know if I get any interest.

And, for goodness sakes!! I read the original story of Buckley's owner going on some kind of trip and pretty much threatening to dump him. Poor bunny. Please let people in the NYC area know they CAN take their rabbit to any of the 5 intake ACC shelters (there's one in each borough, but only Manhattan and Brooklyn I think are full blown shelters that do adoptions). For a small surrender fee, they can be guaranteed that the rabbit will be transported to the Manhattan ACC shelter where DEDICATED volunteers like myself & many others will take excellent care of them, spay/neuter the bun, and work very hard to get the bunny a worthy new home.

http://www.nycacc.org

kirbyultra wrote:
And, for goodness sakes!! I read the original story of Buckley's owner going on some kind of trip and pretty much threatening to dump him. Poor bunny. Please let people in the NYC area know they CAN take their rabbit to any of the 5 intake ACC shelters (there's one in each borough, but only Manhattan and Brooklyn I think are full blown shelters that do adoptions). For a small surrender fee, they can be guaranteed that the rabbit will be transported to the Manhattan ACC shelter where DEDICATED volunteers like myself & many others will take excellent care of them, spay/neuter the bun, and work very hard to get the bunny a worthy new home.

http://www.nycacc.org

Hi Helen!

Buckley's original owner loved him dearly, but wasn't really all that savy about rabbits at all.
She thought releasing him into the wild would be okay, but luckily we convinced her that he would probably be dead by the end of the summer.
We suggested that she take him to Brooklyn Animal Resources Coalition, at Wythe Avenue and North 1st Street in Williamsburg...but she had no transportation and was scheduled to leave in the next day or two. That's why I ended up meeting her at the airport to take Buckley.

Oh no, I can't believe Buckley is looking for a home again :(

I knew what bunny this was as soon as I saw the title of the thread.

JadeIcing wrote:
The minute I saw the title I knew it was him.
Hi Ali!

I figured that you'd remember him.
I was hoping that things would have worked out for him as well as they did for you and Wyatt.

By the way how is my fluffy little buddy Wyatt doing now-a-days??

luvthempigs wrote:
Oh no, I can't believe Buckley is looking for a home again :(

I knew what bunny this was as soon as I saw the title of the thread.
Hi Maria!

That's right...this original story would have happen right around the time you joined.

Buckley is such a special little guy, and really deserves a good forever home now.

I don't know the story and I read up to the part where youpicked upBuckley from his original owner then my internet went out! Now I can't get back on to the post. Did she ever return to the states?

I'm sorry I don't have any room for him, he isa beautiful rabbit. If you need help transporting I can help!

JimD wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
The minute I saw the title I knew it was him.
Hi Ali!

I figured that you'd remember him.
I was hoping that things would have worked out for him as well as they did for you and Wyatt.

By the way how is my fluffy little buddy Wyatt doing now-a-days??
Wyatt is good sitting in his litter pan eating hay.:biggrin2:

hln917 wrote:
I don't know the story and I read up to the part where youpicked upBuckley from his original owner then my internet went out! Now I can't get back on to the post. Did she ever return to the states?

I'm sorry I don't have any room for him, he isa beautiful rabbit. If you need help transporting I can help!
Hi Helen!

I don't know if she ever returned. If she did, she never contacted me.
I no longer have her contact information, so I can't ask her if she wants him back.

And I agree....he's quite the handsome bunner!!

Thanks for the offer to help with transport. I'll let you know when and if the help is needed.

I really hate to put him through another foster/rehome ordeal.
He HATED his stay with me...missed his mommy...stuck in a cage....had to live in the workshop...strange noises/smells/people...etc.

I have room for him here but would need transport to get him to upstate NY... and can provide him space in the house... the rest of my bunny crew is in the barn but this bun sounds like a house bunny in need of a home.

He reminds me of my late Rex... same color and also a rescue... his name was T-Rex.

Will be in CT next weekend so maybe that might be easier transport... nothing extra to add a rabbit carrier and cage to my car... feel free to PM me...

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
I have room for him here but would need transport to get him to upstate NY... and can provide him space in the house... the rest of my bunny crew is in the barn but this bun sounds like a house bunny in need of a home.

He reminds me of my late Rex... same color and also a rescue... his name was T-Rex.

Will be in CT next weekend so maybe that might be easier transport... nothing extra to add a rabbit carrier and cage to my car... feel free to PM me...

Denise

:hugsquish:You're a angel!!!!
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

And this is why I'm so proud to be part of this forum!!!!!

Now we just need to coordinate transport.
You're up near Rochester NY, right? If so, that's about a 5 hours trip from where Buckley is (Pamona, NY.....I think)

Where and when will you be in CT??

I'm going to contact Jill (Buckley's mom) and see what's what, as far as exactly where Buckley is and if they can handle and of the transport.

This will be so epic if we can make this work!!
This little guy really deserves it!

~Jim

PS -
Denise, I'm going to PM you with this same post ;)

Yea! I'm so glad someone here will be able to give Buckley the home he deserves :bunnydance:but I must admit I am a bit jealous ;)I wish I had the space to take him myself. I have thought of this bunny on more than one occasion since I read his story three years ago.

I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well:)

Please keep us posted

Back