(RESOLVED!!!!!) - REHOME: NJ/NY - BUCKLEY HAS A NEW HOME IN NY!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, Denise's father is doing poorly, and she had to go to the hospital to be with him. Please keep him, her, and her family in your thoughts.

Buckley is still with me.

He's adjusting okay, however I don't think he's overly happy about not having the run of the house like he used to.

He's a bit cage-aggressive, too. He does NOT want me messing with any of his stuff and has nipped me a couple of time to let me know.
I've gotten into the habit of holding him down with one hand when I feed him or change his litter pans.

I've been slowly switching him over to a healthier diet. He was getting LOTS of treats and is a bit on the portly side.
He really likes the Sweet Meadow's timothy hay that I've been giving him....he was getting Kaytee timothy.

He prefers Care Fresh litter and isn't too crazy about my Woody Pet. I've been putting a layer of Woody Pet in the bottom of the pans and then some Care Fresh on top of it, and he's tolerating it. Care Fresh is just way too expensive compared to the Woody Pet.

He LOVES to be petted and brushed.... once he realizes that's what I'm going to do when I stick my hand in his cage.

And, boy is he vocal. He oinks and squeaks, and honks and makes all kinds of little noises.

I should be good for 5/29 so if Denise is and we can all agree on a time (earlier is better as its a looong drive for me), I'm game! Let's get this bun to his wonderful new home! :)

BUCKLEY!! I remember this little guy and think about him often. Does anyone have the link to the original post? Im trying to remember how I heard about him. I think someone on Bunderground saw the owner's Myspace post or something and it went from there. Was so tough to get her to open up and realize he needed to be in a good home and NOT turned loose in the wild. Thank God Jim was able to get him to safety..what a lucky bun!

Let me know if you guys need help arranging transport. I didnt read through the whole thread so Im not sure if you had it set up or what. I feel like we should try to get donations to have him neutered. He should have been by now..would probably help with a lot of the behavior!

Hi Haley! :wave2

Yep....I've got Buckley again.

We've got the transport covered....now we just need to coordinate a date & time that we're all available.

And I cannot wait... I am ready to go for Saturday morning - emailed Jim and Ren to give them my details... I am truly honored to be able to add Buckley to my family.

I also have a rabbit savvy veterinarian who has cared for my rabbits over the years - will have to get his opinion on Buckley once he settles in.

Denise

thanks for the updates guys, I have been waiting to hear more about Buckley.

Denise, I so hope he fits in well with your family :)

By this time tomorrow, Buckley should be Bloomfield bound!!! :yahoo:

It will be so cool to add "RESOLVED" to the title of this thread :biggrin2:

Denise and Ren!!!......I sent you both an email!!!!:mail2:

I'm back!!:wave:

Buckley is in the safe and caring hands of Ren.:nod

Everything works out as planned.....
.....there was no traffic....I didn't get lost on the way there....I found the dropzone with no problem....I was on time...... & Ren and her boyfriend were waiting when I got there.:thumbup

We loaded Buckley's stuff into Ren's car and then got Buckley out of the (too small)carrier and put him in the large comfy cage that Ren brought for the longer ride.
He was sitting on a blankie & munching on hay last I saw :biggrin:.

They should meet up with Denise near Syracuse at around 10am.
Then Denise has about an hour (or more) ride home.
:clapping:

:party0002:GO TEAM BUCKLEY!! :brown-bunny

Latest posts

Back