RESOLVED: please send your good thoughts our way for flying Monroe home tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes please, if you could PM me that post, it'd be great! I can't work out why it didn't either, I was most frustrated to have missed details of his arrival lol! :p

I told Barney that he had a little baby bunny that was partly named after him, and he didn't do anything at the time, but then about 5 minutes later he did loads of binkies! He hardly ever binkies, so I think he just must feel happy at the honour! :nod

It seems like he's settling in well! Him bouncing around the bath and playing with the wicker ball sounds soooo cute! I can't believe you are witholding pictures and a VIDEO from us though!! We must see!! :p

I dunno, I haven't done much all day lol, but this has been a highlight all the same! I'm just so happy that he arrived safe and sound with you guys!

xx

Jen, I'll post a couple pictures tonight, it's just that the internet here is so slow and it takes a long time to upload things. I'll do it after Paul's parents have gone to bed since they want to spend time with us today :) And that is SO cute about Barney binkying!

Hmm... I was just going to PM you the "arrival" post, but I can't see it either! I wonder what happened?

Okay, Paul's getting his hair cut so I had time to upload some photos!

I think Tallulah will be pleased to have such a handsome friend:

old030.jpg

FLOP

old033.jpg

old021.jpg

old022.jpg

old027.jpg

old036.jpg

What a sweet little face! In all these pictures you can see his beauty mark, I think he's trying to show off his best side.

old037.jpg

I got his carrier all cleaned out and washed the vet bed. It worked really well and wasn't damp at all even though Mylo's been peeing on it for the past day and a half! All the pee and spilled water went right through to the paper towels underneath.
The carrier is now ready for the drive home.

Also, he let me hold him! I picked him up just intending to move him out of the carrier base so I could take it outside, but he did great being picked up so I sat down on a chair and held him for a few minutes. I talked to him and kissed his head and petted him and he didn't seem upset or tense, just got a "slightly concerned" look when I was walking. We're quite familiar with the look because Rory does it sometimes too. I was also able to check out his nether regions when I picked him up, his butt is clear of poop and he has Become A Man. I will schedule his neuter when we get home :biggrin2:

YAY! Myloe made it!!! I've been waiting all day to check and this is my first opportunity today - YAY!!! He is SO Handsome - so happy for you! Big grin on my face.. YAY! YAY! :D

OMG he's so gorgeous!!!

Off topic a bit..... does that vetbed always wick like that?

Bo's hocks worry me and I would love to put that on top of his litterbox in one place (he hops into it from his top level cause if I move it he pees on the cage floor. :X

SnowyShiloh wrote:

Seriously, I wish I could reach through pictures and stroke his little head!! He's just so adorable!

Sorry I was impatient for pictures....:embarrassed: it was definately worth the wait though! :biggrin2:

I really wonder what happened to the post? Can anyone else see it?! I'm assuming it said that he got there safe and sound lol, were there any problems collecting him from the airport?

I love him!!!:inlove:

OMG I AM IN LOVE! How gorgeous is he, I love the little black bit on his nose wha a cutie pie. I'm only just reading this post and glad everything worked out. Awwwww he is too gorgeous for words! :inlove:

"I really wonder what happened to the post? Can anyone else see it?! I'm assuming it said that he got there safe and sound lol, were there any problems collecting him from the airport?"

I never saw the post either - just a blank space :?.

The vetbed is brilliant - it's what Pernod and Shadow had, and they weren't even slightly wet - the pee had gone straight through, and into puppy training pads underneath.

I don't think this little guy has travelled enough yet. I think he should be put on the next flight to Edmonton so he can come and talk to Pernod and Shadow and they can exchange travel stories :p. He really is such a handsome bunny !

Jan

Mylo's trip home is almost complete! In a couple hours we're going to be loading up the car and making the 350 mile drive home :) I'll get to see Rory and Tallulah again (I miss my babies!) and will get Mr. Monroe all settled in his cage. He'll be staying upstairs in our bedroom away from the other buns until Tallulah is better from her possible coccidea, then he'll be moving into the living room and into his long term cage.

He's doing well this morning, though unless he's been peeing in the littler box and I just can't see it, he's only peed twice in a little less than a day. Both times it was a LOT of urine though, and he may have peed in the carrier base right before I took it out of the tub. Is this a bad sign? He's pooping up a storm though and eating and drinking great. His nose was also the tiniest bit damp for a little while yesterday evening, though I suppose it could have been from drinking out of a water bowl. His nose is perfectly dry today though and his butt is nice and clean still.

I'm going to PM a mod and see if they know what happened to my post that mysteriously disappeared, how odd! :) Basically, it said that his flight was on time, the last hour before getting him seemed to take forever. I could see his carrier on a dolly when employees opened and closed a door, but they waited a few minutes before bringing him out. I kept trying to ask employees if he was okay because I was worried. A lady finally brought him down the hallway and I could see his little ears through the door (his water bowls obscured the rest of him). I became a bit of a blubbering mess as the big moment finally came. He was SO CUTE, as you can all see! I couldn't have been more happy and was so relieved that he looked healthy and bright eyed and was hopping around the carrier while munching hay.

Gotta go finish getting ready to go home! :biggrin2:

I don't have any. I want to buy some if it's worth it.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Off topic a bit..... does that vetbed always wick like that?
Do you have a picture of the vetbed? Does it have a rubberbacking on the bottom to keep it from leaking?

Yay, we're home! Mylo Monroe's journey of nearly 5,000 miles is complete :biggrin2: He certainy is a well traveled bunny! One of the reasons I love the name Mylo is that it has "mile" in it and he sure came many miles. I didn't mention this before, but I spelled it Mylo because the member Delusional has a young dutch bunny named Milo too. Her Milo has sort of honey colored markings if I recall and he's a real cutie. I was already considering the name before she named her bunny that, and I PM'ed her and asked if it would be okay if I still used Milo. She said it was fine! I spelled it Mylo to help differentiate between the two buns :) Oh and a lot of people call me Shiloh Milo for some reason and one friend just calls me Milo, so I thought it would be a cute choice.

I got some more pictures of Mylo and another video! I've decided to take lots of videos of the buns now too. I may or may not post them tonight because I'm pretty tired after the long day, but will certainly post them tomorrow. Unfortunately, Mylo couldn't move into his temporary cage today because Tallulah is in it still... We bought a really nice sized rabbit cage for Tallulah to stay in at our friends' house, and intend to sanitize it then keep Monroe in it upstairs until she's better. We got home so late tonight though that our friends are asleep so Tallulah will be staying with them until tomorrow. I made a temporary NIC cage and put it on top of towels and trash bags in the kitchen for Mylo until tomorrow.

As for the vet bed, I took pictures of it, too! I'm not sure if it would work well to cover Bo's litter box or not. The texture is like very thick (a good inch thick) sheepskin, so the turds might be hard to get off of it especially if they get wet from urine or are cecals. You'd need to wash it every day. It would do a really good job of keeping urine off of Bo's feet and it would be quite soft for him to sit on. Liquid does pass through the bed, but if you pour a ton on (like when I was washing it), it REALLY sucks it up and the small carrier sized piece I have weighed a good 10 pounds while being washed! Pennie, I'll post pics of the vet bed tomorrow so you can see the front and back. I got my piece for only $2 ($8 with shipping) and the company had much larger pieces that you could cut up also for cheap.

To Tamnjo, the trip really wasn't too expensive, though I guess it depends on what your idea of expensive is! His vet check was $8, carrier and bowls were $35, vet bed was $8, and the trip itself was $210. So, $261. The trip itself would have only been $155 if I had bought him a smaller carrier, but I knew he'd be in it for a good 22 hours when he flew and then another 7 or 8 on our drive home, so I wanted him to have as much space as possible to move around.

Just one last thing, I wanted to say that Rory is fine! It looks like he got bored though because he flung hay all over his cage and redecorated the downstairs. Pretty cute. He seemed happy to see us and I let him out to hop around as soon as we got in. I was really glad to see him and gave him some good cuddles and kisses, and also let him sniff Mylo through the carrier door! I missed him so much. I can't wait to see my sweet little Tallulah tomorrow and wish we could have picked her up tonight. The bunny sitters say she's doing fine, but won't come out of the cage to play! I think it's because I'm not there. I'm thinking this because when I was there dropping her off, she was merrily jumping in and out of her cage and running around the apartment, but now that her mama's not there she won't come out.

I'm glad everyone's enjoyed hearing about my boy! I will post the vet bed pics and the pics from our trip today, then I'll move on to posting in my bunny blog, which will be re-named "The Three Bunketeers" if you would like to visit it :)

Latest posts

Back