RESOLVED: please send your good thoughts our way for flying Monroe home tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck cutie pie, Monroe! I'll be praying for you!

And Katie, that was so nice of you!

Good luck to one of the top five cutest bunnies I've ever seen and his soon-to-be parents!!

Katie, that is so sweet of you! I'm so happy for all of you! I think bunny people are some of the kindest, caring and awesome people in the world!

I wish I could bunnysit Monroe! :X;)

I know, bunny people ARE the best! Thanks again, Katie! I should know by tomorrow morning whether or not we'll need him to be picked up. If you pick him up, I'll be sure to call the airline ASAP so they can change the name of the "receiver" on his reservation! Otherwise they may not hand him over because they'd suspect you of conspiring to bunnap, a very serious offense. Thankfully, in Seattle he won't be getting off the plane (it's just a quick stop to re-fuel and let passengers on and off) so Emily won't be able to steal him!

JAK Rabbitry went to bed I think (she has to leave for the airport by 5 am with him!), but she put his little water bowl in the freezer and has his carrier all ready to go. She gave him all the pellets he could eat today and tonight and will have a bunch of hay in the carrier to munch on. It's Monroe's last night with his mommy and brother, they've been living together this whole time and are quite a happy little family. I feel a little bad taking him away from them and I'm sure it will be scary for him, but when he gets here he'll have Paul and I to love him, and a very eager Tallulah to be his buddy! Maybe even Grumpy Ol' Rory will like him :D

Also, as of right now, the roads are looking okay! Hooray! So I'm going to continue getting everything ready like we're leaving tomorrow :biggrin2: Paul's going to change his tires from studded tires to summer tires while we're down there, so hopefully the roads are clear when it's ready to come back or we'll end up with an extended vacation! Paul's boss just told him he can't have Tuesday off, so that means we'll be driving down there Saturday and back up to Fairbanks Monday. Not much of a vacation, but at least we'll have Mr. Monroe as a reward!

Luvabun, do you have any tips for what I should do when Monroe gets off the plane? I'm planning to leave him in the carrier until we get back to Paul's parents' place even though I'll want to hold him before then. I also plan to offer him his pellets ASAP at the airport and will bring some bottled water in case his water bowl ran out. He's probably going to be staying in the bathtub while we're at Paul's parents' house (classy, huh?), so I'll have his litter box and toys and hay and water bowl all ready for him back at the house. I read about Pernod's ear troubles and really hope we don't have that happen, but Katie told me about her vet so we know where to bring him if he's sick. Hopefully it doesn't come to that!

Continuing to pray for Monroe and his long flight to his new family...

:pray:

Jesse just called to say that Monroe is on the airplane! His flight should be going down the runway just about now, I hope he's not scared... He just left everything he ever knew to go on a long and (hopefully not too) bumpy ride. He is quite the adventurer! I can hardly wait to meet my darling boy. Only 20 1/2 hours to go. I'm off to bed now that I know he got on the plane okay. We plan to start our drive at around 10 am.

My Cinnabun would have been 13 years old today. I miss him so much. This sounds terribly hokey, but I can imagine him guiding Monroe and keeping him safe on his journey to me today.

Fly, bunny, fly!

Phew! Jesse sent me a PM after getting a bit more sleep, and boy did they have an adventure this morning! There was an alarm clock malfunction, a forgotten ID card, a parking disaster, and all in all he just baaarely made it onto the plane before they closed the doors. Poor Jesse was so upset. Everything is okay though and she did great considering how much time she had.

Monroe should be landing in Houston in about an hour, then he has a 7 hour break between flights.

Okay, I really am off to bed this time... Gotta get up in 3 hours! Thanks for all the well wishes, looks like they're working!

Forgive me if I have forgotten, but who is watching him during the 7 hour layover in TX?

I think that since it's Cinnamon's birthday today - it's quite ironic. I also think he's with Monroe.

Poor JAK - that's a lot to do in a short time isn't it? I know she's thrilled he's going to a good home where he'll be loved dearly!

You could send Rory to me! :biggrin2:I'm sure I could hide him from grumpy ol' hubby! LOL!

OMG!!! I wanted to come online as soon as I got up this morning, I was dying to see what was happening, but I got delayed! :grumpy:

I'm gonna have the world clock open on Alaska time so I can track what's going on over there lol and when he lands, cos I get so confused with the times.... I'm sooo excited for you! Bless little Monroe, I can just imagine him sat in the carrier, munching all the hay, and wondering where he is! :)I agree, that Cinnabun is watching him, and keeping the little guy safe...

I soo hope that the weather holds off long enough so that you guys can drive down in the morning! Katie's amazing for offering to go get him and look after him though, but I'll be so happy if you can pick him up yourself!

*presses F5 aaaaaalllllll day*:p

Sending you all the good luck and safe travel wishes I can!

Jen xx

231871KPSO_w.jpg

Pennie, Monroe is in the middle of his layover in Texas right now. The airline has a special room for the pets to go to during layovers, and they have a special pet person who looks after the pets, feeds and waters them, and gets them to their flights.

The first flight he was on was delayed by 20 minutes which is why he made it, I can just imagine Cinny delaying the flight so Monroe would make it!

We're heading out in 5 minutes and should be in Anchorage in about 8 hours! First we have to drop Tallulah off at our friends' house and stop by a couple places. The roads are looking good!

I'm going to miss Rory and Tallulah, but we won't be gone too long. I have my camera completely cleared of pictures and all charged to get lots of pictures and videos of my new boy! The day has finally arrived :biggrin2:

Oh and for those of you who are keepin' track, Monroe's flight leaves Houston at 5:35 central time and arrives in Anchorage at 11:23 pm.

Thanks everyone for thinking of us!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Pennie, Monroe is in the middle of his layover in Texas right now. The airline has a special room for the pets to go to during layovers, and they have a special pet person who looks after the pets, feeds and waters them, and gets them to their flights.

The first flight he was on was delayed by 20 minutes which is why he made it, I can just imagine Cinny delaying the flight so Monroe would make it!

We're heading out in 5 minutes and should be in Anchorage in about 8 hours! First we have to drop Tallulah off at our friends' house and stop by a couple places. The roads are looking good!

I'm going to miss Rory and Tallulah, but we won't be gone too long. I have my camera completely cleared of pictures and all charged to get lots of pictures and videos of my new boy! The day has finally arrived :biggrin2:

Oh and for those of you who are keepin' track, Monroe's flight leaves Houston at 5:35 central time and arrives in Anchorage at 11:23 pm.

Thanks everyone for thinking of us!

YAY!!! I'm SO glad you guys can drive down there to get him!! We can get pictures sooner lol! Although you'll be getting him in the middle of the night for me....

:tantrum:

Hug goodbye to Rory and Tallulah for me, I'm going to miss them too lol! :pYou guys drive safe!!

Oh, and I'm so annoyed my picture didn't come out, it was a picture of a Dutch bunny flying with little cardboard wings lol!

I'll be thinking of you all!

:hug:

Jen xx

That is AWESOME about the animal person. I would love that job! I just don't want to fly! lol.

On a side note: We are all a little goofy, ya know it? We'll ship bunnies all over - even flying them... and drive for HOURS to get to them LOL!

An 8 hour trip is longer than me going to Alabama or to St. Louis LOL!

YAYYY!!! I'm so happy to hear that your boy is on his way home to you!! WONDERFUL!!!

I'll continue praying. And, for the record, I think Cinny is helping, too. I think our babies do that. :)

It is 5:15 here is houston he should be bording reall soon he will be on his way:runningrabbit:. Will will see your boy in a few hours. The way the airports here are he should be borded by now good luck little man:kiss1::clapping:

So happy that Monroe is on his way. Can't wait to hear all about his trip and the drive home.

Thinking of you all!

~Mary Ellen

(P.S. If he and Rory don't get along, you know that we could ship Rory from Alaska to PA to me :biggrin2:.)

Latest posts

Back