RESOLVED Iowa - Rescue - Mini Rex with nasty sore hocks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we know this is a definite thing, I will talk with my rescue partner(s) and see if they would be willing to drive to at least the NC/VA border if that helps. But it would be best if you could at least get to Raleigh, NC which is two hours from me.

christinelea1 wrote:
OH my gosh-I have not gotten any updates and did or do not understand why I aam not being contacted...I now added this to my favorites page but why am I not being sent emails on this:(
I am so sooo sorry you all...I have not abandoned you, shoot... ok well gotta look over post first and then will reply...
I AM SO SORRY!
I am not recieving notices-emails of posts either. :(I let the MODS know of this problem. You must be having the same problem.

i agree with christine, if we can get them to NC lets do that. if we can only get them to michigan for a while, then i will take them for as long as needed. but i can't offer them a forever home. it would be great if we could get them straight to a for good home.

just let me know everyone what i can do to help. i can pitch in for gas money also if needed or whatever!

katie

Just keep me updated on the rescue progress. I have spoken to my husband about this and we will take care of them. I have a total of seven bunnies of my own and one fosters. Four of my bunnies, which includes the foster, have abodes outside at the barn. They are happy out there, have big homes, with lots of hay, and boxes to nest in. I have my special needs bunnies inside, including my angel Zamboni who came into the rescue with a broken leg. He will never have full use of that leg. My Mini Rex stays inside also. He has clostrophobic issues. He was abused and kept in a very small cage, I am thinking with a wire bottom because his hocks were badly scabbed and irritated (like Beazals)

Anyhow, just more background on me. We love our animals dearly, but we do keep some outside, but not exposed right out in the elements. I go out two-three times a day to check their water bottles this time of year to make sure they are not frozen. They are happy and content and binky in their cages.

Go Beazel GO LYMIE!!! YAYE ITS YER BIRFDAY:))NO MORE OWIES:)))(I AM CRYING WHAT AN IDIOT I AM)
I SO HAPPY!!!
I have been overwhelmed-water main break...and ratty-=MASS tumour removal plus abscess-also wanted to get her fixed
:(and did-she is soooo hurting) also Clover and Poppy-new info and update on Poppy for the other thread...OK...Will get BK to work on this OFFERING PAYMENT PPL FOR TRANSPORT HERE:)

christine i wish you were on sooo bad! sent you an email.

i think i found transport. to me in michigan, but still it is one step closer.

anyway, christine email me for details. or call (in the email is my number) and will keep working on it and get the details from my traveling friend!

I have proper food for them now, and if I can get this interview tomorrow then I think we may end up keeping them, if that's okay with anyone else. Next week we're going to the tracker supply to get hay as bedding. I also picked up some sliced carrots and mustard greens as treats, and tomorrow I'm going to spend time with them, try and socialize him a little better.

Beazel was active enough today that he came up with an escape plan and I found him behind Candys cage. :/ She was beside herself with rage. Alfie looks rough, I think it's his hormones, he's taken Beazels position as alpha bun. Again, if I get this job I can get him neutured on my first paycheck, and get him some medicine for his respiratory infection. I did pick up some topical stuff, which smells disgusting and he hates, but it relieves his symptoms a bit. Oh yeah, and my grandma and uncle agreed to let me use the spare wood so I can build them a proper cage, assuming I can get a hold of decent cubes.

So, we'll see how it goes. I hope I get that job.

Let's see how it goes within the next two weeks. :/ I don't know. I'm unsure.

Lymie plz share what is happening respitorial right away-let me have MY VET call in meds there for you ASAP...CALL ME OK. If you are having resp. issure they need antibiotics Lymie please.... bunnies die within hours from this..

christinelea1 wrote:
Lymie plz share what is happening respitorial right away-let me have MY VET call in meds there for you ASAP...CALL ME OK. If you are having resp. issure they need antibiotics Lymie please.... bunnies die within hours from this..

He's had it since July. I thought it was okay since the vet said it wasn't a big deal?

I think Lymie has a good handle on bunny care and these guys are in capable hands. She had a temporary problem and a bit of panic, I think its getting resolved.

We'll make sure she gets whatever support she needs, but no point in taking up space in foster care unless it is really urgent, and I don't think that's the case here. We'll see how it goes after a couple of weeks.

Thanks to all for being there for these bunnies!

PS: I'm leaving the post up but taking out the 'Urgent' reference.

sas :)

Well Hopefully things are under control now and the babies will be okay. Lymie, I recommend you try and find some people in your area that have bunnies that you can network with. Not sure if that is an option in your area or not. My best friend and rescue partner is very helpful when I run into a problem with one of my bunnies. It is true they all came from her except for one, but when I think something is wrong, I call her and she comes to my aid. I feel very lucky to have her in my life.

Latest posts

Back