RESOLVED Iowa - Rescue - Mini Rex with nasty sore hocks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iowa to North Carolina would be almost 18 hours. I dont know that I could manage to arrange a transport that long (even with my bunderground contacts). I could probably get them here to Michigan and then maybe we can work on getting them to NC when it warms up or something? Katt, would you be able to foster them if we can get them to MI?
I have a friend who is going to be in IL in a few weeks and could bring the buns back this way.
Lymie, do you drive? Could you or anyone you know help drive them closer to IL? Or are there any members here near Chicago who would drive west?
If we did this in two trips it might be doable.

If you decide to get them to me when it warms up thats fine, I will still take them. I have the room unless some major rabbit rescue problem happens here, which I hope doesn't happen.

No, I'm sorry. I don't know how to drive.

Does anyone have any idea on how soon you can have him and Alfie out of here?

we are trying. please give us time to work a way to get them on the road.

yes, haley, i can take them as fosters for a while not a problem.

i can travel a few hours south, if we can get them to michigan. my friend is willing to drive me (as my car just can't make that trip).

haley, if we can get them to christina, that would be awesome. but if we can't i could meet you in the area were i picked up.

i wonder if i could bring 2 rabbits on the greyhound? i know it sounds crazy, but i would be willing to make the trip with them that way if needed. although now i am thinking about it that would be super stressfull on them, wouldn't it?

okay, haley if you have any leads let me know! i can take them whenever they can come. not a problem. my vet is willing to be on standby to give them a health check and help with whatever i need.

only other thing i need to know- lymie, do you have carrier for them? do you have a cage? how are you doing now? do you need any help getting anything right now untill we can get them on the road? don't be afraid to ask, i am willing to help get them whatever they need.

oh, and any chance you have pics? still wondering just what his feet look like. if not it is cool

They're doing alright. I don't have any pictures, but I can assure you they're getting better. They don't look as raw, the scabs are shrinking, and I don't see anymore pus on them. As for a carrier, I don't have any of that. Sorry.

I'm still worried, and very anxious. I know you're all working hard, and I'm thankful for that.

okay, i will get working on the carrier issue. might be that i have to order one and send it to your house. let me look into it.

glad that they are doing good. and its all cool, we will figure this out

I just took another look at them, and the scabs have shrunken A LOT. Really, they look great. Another few days and they'll be gone.

lymie i have a few questions so i know all information

beazel is 1 1/2 years old and neutered correct? about how big is he?

and alfie, is he a mini rex also? about how old do you think he is and is he neutered?

are the bonded in one cage? or just get along together when let outside? how long have they been bonded?

just trying to think about carrier and cage sizes

Beazel is 1 1/2, neutered and about 5lbs.

Alfie is between 6-12 months, not neutered, and around 5 lbs. He is a bit bigger then Beazel now. I'm not sure what breed he is.

They are bonded and live in the same cage. There hasn't been too much issue on who's dominant. It was Beazel, but since he's been injured Alfie has taken that role. Beazel doesn't seem to mind.

They've been bonded together for three or four months. Alfies bond with a LionHead was broken, and I bonded him to Beazel. It took a day.

If you decide to foster them and transport them to N.C in the warmer weather, I would drive the entire way. We are going on vacation to N.C so it wouldn't be a big deal.

just a thought!

OH my gosh-I have not gotten any updates and did or do not understand why I aam not being contacted...I now added this to my favorites page but why am I not being sent emails on this:(
I am so sooo sorry you all...I have not abandoned you, shoot... ok well gotta look over post first and then will reply...
I AM SO SORRY!

Ok, Katt, I understand this will be a huge undertaking to you and your good heart is as mine is...LETS get the buns safely to KRISTY IN NC...Ok Haley-I will pay for gas to ANYONE RESPONSIBLE TO GET TO POINT A AND THEN B(please can we put out for transport to anyone willing to help) so we can get bunnies to Kristy-she is a good bun MOMMA and is on other forums that I am on-we stay in touch and talk-she is someone I trust(NOT that I dont trust Katt its just I am not gonna promise a home to come along within a certain time and I know Katt has her pets and a BIG OL HEART(LOVE YOU HONEY) and Christy will keep them indef. I will PAY to get buns to Christy...Lymie....Per our agreement we are not gonna split buns up right...and you got hay now???
I AM SO SAD AND SO SORRY YOU ALL:(, so MAD I have not gotten any of these dam emails I could scream:( AGAIN,I am so sorry-I should have known something was up when I got personal emails from some of you all-YOU GUYS I AM NOT GOOD ON COMPUTERS>>>IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM ME PLZ PLZ PLZ WRITE ME PERSONALLY PLZ:( OR CALL 231-865-6021...PLEASE....

Latest posts

Back