RESOLVED Iowa - Rescue - Mini Rex with nasty sore hocks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ncbunnygirl72 wrote:
I can tell you love these bunnies, but are in a financial crisis right now. I would just put some antibiotic ointment on his hocks and keep an eye on him. Give them feed pellets, water, some veggies if you can and some hay at least. Hay isn't that expensive. The last thing you want is them to suffer. I can tell you don't want that.

I do care about them. I want them to live and be happy. I do not have emotional attachment though, as I was telling another member. It's complicated.

Someone needs to adopt them, and I need to get over having someone rescue one of my animals from me, and go back to therapy, and figure out how I'm going to prevent this from happening again.

So, let's make arrangements and figure it out.

Lymie wrote:
I don't know. I want to keep them, because I feel bad, but I believe that one of you would provide a better home. And then there is my grandma, who would pressure me into keeping them...
Don't let your grandma pressure you into keeping them if you are financially and emotionally unable to. We all have those moments in life when money gets tight and we do our best. Still, one must sometimes but pride and uncomfortable feelings aside for the animals welfare. Which you have done already! :) Also, keeping them out of guilt isn't fair. It should be because you love them and vow to end the cycle of neglect they have been receiving. In the end it's your decision. I'm so happy to see everyone coming together.

Edit: I just saw your reply, I think that sounds like a great course of action. Therapy is a great tool! I myself spent years in it. You know, it was somewhat of a blessing that gal never came to pick up Alfie, because now they can go to a home together.

No, I do not have anybody to contact.

Okay.

I was re-reading and she said she could help with transport of the buns. To get them to a good home. It's in her last post. I think contacting her would be your best bet.:)

Don't know how we could do it, but I would be more than happy to give them a good home. I have seven of my own and one foster. The bunderground railroad maybe able to help if you would like me to take them.

Lymie wrote:
I don't know. I want to keep them, because I feel bad, but I believe that one of you would provide a better home. And then there is my grandma, who would pressure me into keeping them...

So, so confusing. If I were to give them up I wouldn't be able to tell her until after.
Here is my $.02.

I think that if you have the finances and ability, you should heal his sore hocks yourself. Otherwise, I don't think you will necessarily be able to move on in your relationship with animals in the future. If you were my child, I would want you to continue exactly what you are doing: own up to it, make the changes needed, and make it right.

To me, making it right means correcting the current situation yourself: making bunny healthy again. (Obviously, if the finances are impossible, a different path has to be taken).

I think that will help you to stop beating yourself psychologically, and mentally and emotionally help prepare you to move on in your relationships with animals and your own self.

After that, if you choose to rehome the boys together, go for it. If not, that's your choice. But please make these choices based on logic and reason, not personal guilt.

There is no pressure here one way or the other. Simply many folks telling you that they are willing to help if that is the route you choose... we all want what is best for your bunnies and yourself.

Big big hugs,
:hug:

:twocents

ncbunnygirl72 wrote:
Don't know how we could do it, but I would be more than happy to give them a good home. I have seven of my own and one foster. The bunderground railroad maybe able to help if you would like me to take them.
where arre you located

I am in Ayden, North Carolina, small town outside of Greenville. I may could talk my rescue partner into maybe meeting at the NC/VA border if someone could get him that far.

i wish i was close enough to help with transport or something!

i still maintain that if we cannot find a way to ncbunnygirl then i can foster them for a while if we can get them to michigan.

i would be willing to donate some money for gas if that would help??

Haven't heard anything else. I am still serious about taking him. Just need to get him to North Carolina. If this isn't possible, sounds like you would be a good choice also.

i would rather them find a way to you. i can take them, but it puts me tight on space and time.

anyway, lets work on gettng them to you, as that will be harder (as it is a longer trip) then getting him to me.

we need to wait for christina to get online, she might have updates from the bunderground side of things. just got to give her a little time, she works magic. if we don't here anything from her for a while, i will give her a call and update you on what is going on.

I can't believe how amazing and organized you people are.

OH shoot LYMIE-I emailed you a couple questions that I already have the answers to-I am sorry(I see the buns are indeed bonded-lets keep together and DO NOT PLZ DO NOT give anyone a second chance if they missed a first appt-HUGE RED FLAG in rescue darling). Please send me info on the nearest petstore to you so I can make an order.Upon the buns pick up from the new loveys- the stuff can go with them even but please let me make order for proper foods/treats/some fun things for you all ***FOR NOW***. I would LOVE TO get this ordered and pd for and picked up for your buns immediatly- if possibly- so the buns have what they need, IS this ok, Lymie? I need your zipcode/address.PM or call me darling. I am looking at a pick-up of both buns; we wana keep bondeds together,Lymie PROMISE ME YOU WILL KEEP THEM TOGETHER PLEASE.....:( I am on my knees(OUCH) and beggen for a doggy bone here from you-that we can keep them together... plz let us keep buns 2 gether... ok?
Ok, will wait to hear unless someone can provide me how to call Lymie(I am WORRIED now as she was suppose to call me today and hasnt). My personal email([email protected])-or give a jingle too(231-865-6021)
I will get some bunderful BUN things for you all right NOW if I just knew where to call:( PLZ....I am just waiting to hear from you now....If anyone knows the NEAREST PETSTORE TO LYMIE PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN GET AN ORDER...She may be offline as I emailed her a couple times now:(DARN IT ALL-and I cant help but be worried....If you have a phone for Lymie, SEND IT to me so I can ring her....I know she wont be mad as she knows I am worried and wana help...As tated above-she may have net problems or SOMETHIN(stupid puters-you never know)...OK...Just waiten and cleaning BUNNY PENS till!!!
Sincerely, Christine

Lymie, I am worried:( and sad. I do not know if you are mad at me. I do not know if you are hurt darlin:( PLEASE...PLEASE LYMIE:( call me....I am worried darling...

christinelea1 wrote:
Lymie, I am worried:( and sad. I do not know if you are mad at me. I do not know if you are hurt darlin:( PLEASE...PLEASE LYMIE:( call me....I am worried darling...

Oh no! I wasn't mad at you, just busy! You're such a kind soul, worrying and all that! I just sent you a message, and if you don't give me a call soon I'll go ahead and call you.

Latest posts

Back