RESOLVED Chicago Ridge Rabbits Need a Ride - And a Transport Coordinator ASAP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaf we are planning on getting to Union around 10:30 this morning. I pm'd you with the address of where we will be. We will be in the blue bug. Hopefully all the carriers fit. If not, could we make another trip down there tomorrow some time?

downtownbuns, that'll work perfectly!

If two trips are needed it won't be any trouble at all. I'm going to try to get there a little early so I can park as close to the building addressas possible.

Photos862.jpg

I'll keep checking back to watch this thread, looks like we're shooting for next weekend, I'm still free to do the St. Louis to Union leg of the trip.

Hang on buns!

BlueFrog wrote:
downtownbuns, there's no reason you guys couldn't disassemble those crates for transport.

Oh good flippin' grief! Why didn't I think of that?

:baghead

After picking up the carriers from Leaf, we headed home to pick up Judah the Lionhead for a visit to the vet. Poor little guy had quit eating last night and has been peeing thick sludge for two days.

The vet first checked his teeth and found that he had spurs going into his cheek. Second, the vet moved on down the bunny to the bladder area. While being checked, Judah peed sludge on the vets towel. The vet determined that he had quite a lot of sludge build up. Off to the x-ray room. The vet came back and said that Judah was such a handful that he would have to be put under for the x-ray. At the same time, he wanted to trip his spurs. He also talked to us about the possibilty of having to flush his bladder, and wanted to know if we could afford to have this done now if needed. We decided to go ahead and do it all at once.

While doing the flush, the vet thought that he would have to perform emergancy surgery on him because the sludge was so thick and would not come out. Finally it started coming out during the flush. The table ended up lookin like a sandbox. Second x-rays were performed to see if all the sludge came out. He still has some sludge and possibly bladder stones. We came home with subq's that we need to administer for 1 month. We will check after that to see if he still has sludge and stone. The vet also gave us Metacam, Batrim, and Valium to relax the sphinter. He also told us no alfalfa pellets or highly calcium veggies. Funny thing, Judah has been on 1/8 cup timmy pellets and leaf lettuce and cilantro for a few years already. The vet thinks that the sludge may be do to his high EC.

We are still hoping to be able to make the run to Chicago with the carriers and back to St. Louis with the bunnies, with the other lady picking the bunnies up in St. Louis, but we probably need a couple days to see how Judah is doing.

downtownbuns wrote:
The vet first checked his teeth and found that he had spurs going into his cheek. Second, the vet moved on down the bunny to the bladder area. While being checked, Judah peed sludge on the vets towel. The vet determined that he had quite a lot of sludge build up. Off to the x-ray room. The vet came back and said that Judah was such a handful that he would have to be put under for the x-ray. At the same time, he wanted to trip his spurs. He also talked to us about the possibilty of having to flush his bladder, and wanted to know if we could afford to have this done now if needed. We decided to go ahead and do it all at once.

While doing the flush, the vet thought that he would have to perform emergancy surgery on him because the sludge was so thick and would not come out. Finally it started coming out during the flush. The table ended up lookin like a sandbox. Second x-rays were performed to see if all the sludge came out. He still has some sludge and possibly bladder stones. We came home with subq's that we need to administer for 1 month. We will check after that to see if he still has sludge and stone. The vet also gave us Metacam, Batrim, and Valium to relax the sphinter. He also told us no alfalfa pellets or highly calcium veggies. Funny thing, Judah has been on 1/8 cup timmy pellets and leaf lettuce and cilantro for a few years already. The vet thinks that the sludge may be do to his high EC.

Oh my goodness, poor little one!

How is he doing now, after being worked on so care-fully?

Poor Judah! I'm sending lots of good vibes for a speedy recovery. :sickbunny:

Leaf and downtownbuns - please update as soon as you are able as to transport plans.

Thanks, Patti

It would be a good idea to have his EC titer redone as soon as possible. It may indicate that the EC is still active or not. It is recommended to have a series done over time.Wishing Judah good luck.

Oh Poor little Judah.....we are sending strong bunny vibes and our prayers are with you all.

Get well soon, little Judah!!!!!!!

Judah seems to be improving day by day. I should be able to let you know about transport this eveining some time.

Judah is doing pretty good. I think that we are good to go for transporting bunnies from Chicago Saturday. Where to we pick them up? Who do I contact to see what time works best? Do I need to contact Adamjai for transporting from St. Louis to Union?

Yeah for Judah's improvement!

Last time we picked up from the parking lot at the Animal Welfare League in Chicago Ridge. That way we were able to add on a few extra buns at the last minute when space allowed.

As far as arranging a time, let me know when you need to be there to make your connection in St. Louis, and I'll be there. Allow about a half hour for loading. I'll do my best to have everyone packed up and ready to go in advance, barring any last minute additions.

downtown...so far I'm free all day Saturday, just let me know where you want to meet and when, and then I can let Leaf know when we can meet. So happy to hear that Judah is feeling better!

Adamjai, we could meet at the same place that we met last time.

Let me talk to hubby tonight to see what time would be good for pickup in Chicago Ridge.

What time works well to meet at the Animal Welfare? Will we be meeting up with Bluefrog, or someone else? At this time, I do not know what vehicle we will be in yet. All the carriers that we picked up from Leaf fit in the bug, but Mr. Bug needs a brake job, so we may rent a car. Maybe it would be good if the person that we are meeting in Chicago Ridge pm me with a contact phone number.

downtownbuns, it's me you'll be meeting. And due to a change in plans today, let's meet at Catnap from the Heart instead. Why? Because I transferred the buns there today to await transport on Saturday. We'll have a LOT more hands on deck to assist. And it should be easier for you to get to than Chicago Ridge, and within minutes of the same travel time. All in all, a good deal.

I left carriers at Catnap to load buns into. I'm not even sure who is going yet. Leaf, I'll email you later. One thing I do know: the big rex will not be among the travelers. Why? BECAUSE HE GOT ADOPTED!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Back