REHOME: Minirex Female in MI Needs a Home- RESOLVED!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing, Patti. Except you cant tell from the pic but her nose is pointier than most rexes. I almost think she could be a small standard rex or something.

I just went down to check on her- lots of poops but they are soft and greenish and stinky. I think they are extra cecals from whatever diet she has been on. She just ate some hay though so thats good.

She's stunning! Did they give you some of her food? Maybe she was on something really cruddy. Her belly looks like Luna's did, which I'm pretty darn sure was from malnutrition.

I'm so glad she's with you now!

Aw, she is gorgeous!! Little Toby seems to take an interest in her as well ;)

I hope she gets better soon...I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures, haha!

-Kathy

I took a video of her- you can geta better idea of how big her body is compared to her head!

Angela- did Luna have mushy poops too when you got her? They didnt send any of her food but I can imagine it was probably fiesta or something.

Anyway, heres her video for her new mommy to see :biggrin2:

PS. She looks orange in these images but her fur is really this deep burnt orange almost red color. Its really the prettiest color Ive ever seen!

OMG she's gorgeous! but you know I think she's either a super mini-rex or whatever they are called OR she's a rex. She doesn't look like a mini-rex all the way.

Is Ann taking her permenantly? I guess I'm missing something!

Haley, bless your heart for getting her! :hug:

I loved the video, Haley! She seems like such a sweetheart, and her head is so cute and tiny, haha.

I'm so glad she's going to a member of the forum so I can see more pics and vids of her! Oh yeah, when my brother gets home from work, I'll ask him about the transport :)

-Kathy

Yeah thats what I was thinking Pennie- either a large minirex (the non-dwarf one) or a small rex. Its difficult to tell since shes definitely pudgy right now. When she lays down in front of me I can feel the fat on her sides! Its ok, shes not the only girl trying to lose weight here this summer :)

Oh and we still have to work things out but luvthempigs is taking her :)

Haley wrote:When she lays down in front of me I can feel the fat on her sides! Its ok, shes not the only girl trying to lose weight here this summer :)

LOL! Well she should fit in just fine here. We both could stand to lose some weight :biggrin2:

Thanks for the video Haley, I see she was getting the scritches I asked for ;)

Is that a big dog crate your using for her? It reminds me that I have a large dog crate up in my attic somewhere (if Ididn't sell it) I bet it would be real easy to use some grids and even add a shelf.

Yep, A lot of people use those crates and make big cages for them.

I'm so happy you are getting her! Have you gotten a name picked out?

Cool :cool:Now I just gotta get up in the attic and see if it's still there (I hate going up there)

Thank you, And yesher new name is Amber:)

I'm glad she's finally pooped a bit more, even though it's still not normal. She seems pretty perky in the video and gorgeous. I love her coloring. She looks like my Basil when you scratch his nose - melts into the floor:).

Glad the crate is working out, glad I could help.

I'll try and get a pic of the crate later- its huge! Kirstens husband cut two wood pieces that fit horizontally and then she had two NIC panels zip tied together that lay on top of the wood slats to create a second level. Its great!

Shes doing really well this morning. She has pooped a lot of normal poops so Im writing the mushy ones off as excess cecals. Shes on Oxbow and lots of hay now so those should go away soon.

Yea, If you can post a photo of the crate it would give me a better idea, thanks.

I'm so relieved to here that she is pooping normally (isn't it funny the little things in life that make you happy) ;) And that she is finally with you and she is safe :)

Now to get through the spaying and figure out how to get her closer to me....If we could get her to Euclid/Cleveland area (preferably Euclid) that would help me tremendously.

She's just beautiful!

There is a possibility that my mom and I could help transport her if necessary. I live in the Cleveland area and we could help transport from the west side (maybe a little further than the west side or even south of here) to the Cleveland/Euclid area. We couldn't go really far, but if it was an hour or so one way we could definitely do it if it could work within our schedules.

Let me know. We'd love to help out!

Thanks Lexi, That would be great! How far is Sandusky (as in Cedar Point)from where you are?

There is a possibility that we may be able to get her to that area.

Sandusky isn't too, too far. We could most likely make that work so long as my mom doesn't have school that day or work. Her schedule can be sometimes tricky, but I don't see how it wouldn't work.

I hope we can figure something out :biggrin2:.

Well that would be great and we would also be able to meet then!

Let's see what Haley finds out and then we can take it from there :)

Love the video! What a sweet girl. She really does look a lot like Luna body-wise. Small slender head, great big belly.

When I brought Luna home she was actually going into stasis because of her molar spurs. So her poops were small and dry. She had also been at the shelter for a week and they usually feed timothy pellets and hay to adults. She was also skinny aside from her saggy belly, probably because she had lost weight too quickly due to not being able to eat enough.

I wonder if some Bene-bac might help the gut issues a little? Just to help with the fast food change and since her gut must have been upset to begin with.

Latest posts

Back