REHOME: Minirex Female in MI Needs a Home- RESOLVED!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Ive been in touch with a student at MSU who needs to rehome his minirex. She was purchase by him and his girlfriend, both who live in the dorms, and they can no longer care for her.

Karat is approx 7 mos old orange minirex and unspayed, although I would be willing to pay to have her spayed locally before she goes to her new home. Her owner says she is very sweet but doesnt like to be picked out of her cage. She likes to come out and run on her own and will snuggle once shes out.

Heres some pics:

Karat3.jpg

Karat2.jpg

Karat1.jpg

Id be willing to help arrange transport if anyone is interested. Apparently shes at the girlfriend's parents house and they say shes no longer allowed :(

Anyone?

Wow, Haley, I just had a couple inquiring about a rex last weekend, but we didn't have any in the shelter at the time. They chose some other bunny, but that is a coincidence.

If we can't find a home for her, Midwest will take her in. Let me know what you want to do?

Laura

Thanks Laura

I thought you guys would offer to take her if I was really in a jam. You guys arealways so helpful.

Im really hoping we can find someone to take her- they said shes very scared when shes moved and scared of noises- I think she would be very frightened at the shelter. But then I dont want her to come here since they never seem to leave :)

I'll keep you posted. Hopefully some wonderful bunny person here will be interested. And if anyone contacts you about a rex send them my way :)

Haley

Wow, Haley, she's a cutie! Gosh, I love Mini Rexes! :bunnyheart

If anyone in the Dayton, OH area is interested in her, I travel down that way pretty frequently and would be happy to help with transport! :)

Haley, It is very nice of you to offer to have her spayed before going to her new home.

She is adorable, I love the orange coloring. Do you have her at your house now?

I think Crystal (AngelnSnuffy) should see this thread, if she hasn't already :p. This bunny isn't a Castor, though...be she sure is adorable!

:stikpoke

Oh Gosh that would be awesome!

She's so pretty! I wish I could take her. Unfortunately, I can't have anymore right now.

undergunfire wrote:
I think Crystal (AngelnSnuffy) should see this thread, if she hasn't already :p. This bunny isn't a Castor, though...be she sure is adorable!

:stikpoke

haley, if it gets down to it, i could take her temporarily. i don't think i have room for a permenant memeber, but i do have room for a foster.

that is assumming that she was fixed before i bought her up here, i just can't handle an unfixed doe with winnie around!

Haley, She's beautiful. I have space for another bun but we haven't decided what to do yet as a family. I will talk to my husband and kids this weekend. If you need a place for her to stay temporarily though, I would be happy to have her.

Thanks guys!

Kirsten, since Laura said Midwest would take her if I couldnt find her a home maybe I should just go ahead and get her and then have her spayed and seewhat her personality is like? I know you really want a cuddle bunny for Erin if you were to bring another bunny home (and not another Basil lol). Maybe we could see how she is and go from there?

Her owner said she is always very sweet and lets you hold her (doesnt bite) but that shes gotten sort of moody lately when they try to take her out of her cage. Im assuming its a) her hormones kicking in and b) the fact that they are probably not letting her out on her own terms.

Well keep me posted about her. I was kind of holding off our decisions based on bonding Penny & Basil too but I would be happy to help with her. Mike has agreed that we could get another bun already, we just have to figure out what will work for us.

I know Erin has taken a liking to Kirby too . Erin knows not to expect a bunny to like being held but we would like one that you could actually pet withoutfear of getting bit:shock:. While we've all grown to love Basil despite his little issues, I think one of him is enough for us:).

Mini rex tend to be really sweet but don't want to be held all the time. Daily yes, but they want play time and just sit next to me and pet my head time.....

Just for those who don't know about them - that's my experience with Bo and friends' bunnies.

They love attention tho, don't they? and Scooter provides security for her man! ;)

Bo is very happy to be picked up but only because I have always held him every day since we got him home! Still he'd rather hop up next to me for love or even hop up and get in my lap and face for love and kisses. Bo and Tony love for me to kiss on their cheeks and heads. Bo even lets me kiss his nose.

I think the cutest thing is when he hops up on me in the recliner, lays down on my chest with his butt in my face - he watches television while I rub his back. He's so freaking spoiled!

I think mini-rex are really social and loving - but being picked up is a little bit different for all bunnies.

Back