Rebirth of the Phoenix from Ashes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg Michelle I'm glad you are seeing some progress. These two are definitely a tough case! I can't believe they are still wanting to pull fur out at this stage. You most surely deserve props for your patience and perseverance through this!!!
Slowly but surely. Immso excited for these two!! :)

Whoohoo, congratulations! I'm so happy for you and the buns, and your success makes me more optimistic about my buns! Can't wait to hear more positive news. :)

Yay! that's fantastic news! I'm so happy for you and the buns! Congratulations! I hope date 3 will go well, I'm sure it will. Keep us updated. I can't wait to here how it goes. I'm also waiting to see their wedding picture ;).

Thank you guys so much for the wonderful comments! I've been meaning to post on all of your blogs because I have been keeping up to date.

I've just been super busy all week! I've been studying to get a license so I can become a salesperson for vehicles! I got my book last Tuesday and I'm finishing it up tomorrow and taking my test on Thursday or Friday morning!! I can't believe that I've read it soo quickly, but I'm itching to start work :) The more money I make the more treats and toys the bunnies get :p

I've been doing small dates to which it kind of seems to be helping. Phoenix seems to back off when I separate her from Hippo when I notice she MAY nip... she actually kind of cuddled him today but I think he knew she wanted to nip him because he almost went to nip her... Then I stopped them, gave them both treats and they actually just went their separate ways for a few minutes. It was good. I notice even in cage, she tries less and less to nip his fur and so he is becoming more trusting of her!

MAN this experience has taught me alot about my buns and their likes vs. dislikes. I kind of am enjoying it because I'm used to having them separated now, but it would really be a lot easier if they just bonded like certain bunnies on here... *cough, Agnes, Archie; cough, Watson, Cricket!!*
Oh, and I've also learned not to adopt bunnies single... always adopt in pairs :)

You know what, I wouldn't mind bonding buns if I had the time to actually stay at home and just devote myself to them however after a long stressful 8 hour day at work, sometimes it's hard to find the dedication to date them and let them out separately etc etc. Then go to the gym, god, this week I worked a full 6 days! I only agreed to it because when I start my new job, it will be much easier and make me feel more secure, but god it was a hard week!

On a positive note though, the hay has already paid for itself. I already had to refill their hay bin and still the box has not had a dent in it :) I love buying bulk and highly recommend it for anyone that has the option to do so! The way Phoenix eats hay, we NEED it.

I just cleaned the bunnies' cages since I ran out of litter and didn't get to pick any up till today... I didn't clean their cage all last week, the smell was bad, but not as bad as I thought it'd be! Those wood stove pellets really work amazing!! Now the buns are just lounging and I'm off to the gym and then I have to hit the books. Study, study study!! :clapping:

*By the way.. I'm surprised theres no nerdy smiley face!!

Happy Saint Patricks day to all :) :clover:

Oooh, how exciting. A car saleswoman! What got you interested in that? Are you gonna be selling certain models? Good luck on your test this week!

Oh Michelle, I just wish with all my might that these two would just bond for you. I know it has to be frustrating when you think of my two and other bonded pairs :( I have no idea why mine went so smoothly. Sometimes I think it's luck, sometimes I think it was my research and then being SO careful with bonding, and then I end up crediting Agnes because she is the most chill rabbit ever. If she had any attitude at all, I think I may have had problems. She just never, ever ever got mad at Archie.

And even though my two were " easy" I remember thinking during bonding how glad I was I don't work. Well, I'm glad everyday because I love not working, haha, but yes bonding is a lotmof work and I can totally see where younger coming from, working, studying, exercise and bonding buns. Phew!

Anyway, good for younfor sticking to it and when these two bond it will be the biggest satisfaction for you and we will all be so excited!!!!!

Oooh, how exciting. A car saleswoman! What got you interested in that? Are you gonna be selling certain models? Good luck on your test this week!

Oh Michelle, I just wish with all my might that these two would just bond for you. I know it has to be frustrating when you think of my two and other bonded pairs :( I have no idea why mine went so smoothly. Sometimes I think it's luck, sometimes I think it was my research and then being SO careful with bonding, and then I end up crediting Agnes because she is the most chill rabbit ever. If she had any attitude at all, I think I may have had problems. She just never, ever ever got mad at Archie.

And even though my two were " easy" I remember thinking during bonding how glad I was I don't work. Well, I'm glad everyday because I love not working, haha, but yes bonding is a lotmof work and I can totally see where younger coming from, working, studying, exercise and bonding buns. Phew!

Anyway, good for younfor sticking to it and when these two bond it will be the biggest satisfaction for you and we will all be so excited!!!!!

Awh thank you Lisa! Actually I have family in the business that did very well, they've been urging me to join them for a while, because they think I'll do very well!

Honestly, I remember when I didn't work (nor did I have any other obligations, I had all day to spend with the animals) lol... Phoenix is also a chill rabbit, she's just territorial I guess. Part of it is luck and the other part is research. I would have done well if I could have picked her bond mate (I guess it's different in Lyndym's case :/) but the rescue wouldn't allow me to date them stating that it doesn't mean they will get along for sure.

BTW had an amazing bonding session last night. I thought Phoenix was going to nip Hippo and so did he but instead I gave her a treat for "playing nice" and she started grooming him!!! Then when she realized he wasn't goign to groom her back, I have her a treat, pet them both then groomed him again!! :) Then they hung out for a while longer and went back to their cages. I can see it progressing, I just need to make sure I stop any nipping if and when I do see it.

Wow you are going to be a car saleswoman. I can see you doing that. I hope you make a lot of money! And good luck with the test!

That's great that your most recent date turned out good. When will you be doing the next bonding session?

Every time there´s positive news, I feel so happy with them....good bunnies.

HOpe you pass the test and sell loads of cars...some people are just good at selling stuff, I´m more of a people person, a problem solver, been doing it for far too long now lol.

Wow you are going to be a car saleswoman. I can see you doing that. I hope you make a lot of money! And good luck with the test!

That's great that your most recent date turned out good. When will you be doing the next bonding session?

Thank you! I think I will do well since I like to work my butt off!

I am actually doing bonding sessions a couple of times a day now.. very brief though only like 30 seconds to 1 minute!

Okay guys, just had another bonding session.... they did incredible!!! Phoenix DID NOT go to nip Hippo at all, instead he actually nipped at her, I think he just doesn't like sudden movements but I think he is establishing himself as top bun... Instead she went NUTS grooming him... that's it, nothing in return and while she was grooming him I gave them both treats, let them settle down for a moment, then put them back. She acts like he doesn't even phase her any more so I am going to take this is a VERY positive manner :)

Woohoo!!!!!!!!! Yay for grooming!!

Maybe they just struggled with figuring out who was top bun. I was told during bonding that females usually are but that's definitely not the case with my two. Let's hope Phoenix can be content with bowing down to her husbun ;)

That's great news about the last date. Sounds like it went really well. Keep positive as I'm sure it will only continue to improve :)

Wow! That sounds really great and it sounds like they're making SO much progress! I'm so happy for you guys!

You should take some pictures of them together!

Had them together again today, they're getting much more comfortable with each other and hopping around but as soon as the 2 minute mark started, Phoenix kind of got tense and wanted more from him after grooming him. Instead I slightly separated them, THEN I gave them treats. He didn't really react to her trying to nip him because I didn't allow her to fully nip :) I actually have faith in these two buns now!

I would really love to take pictures BUT... when I'm so busy trying to supervise, I don't have the hand space! I have treats and ready hands in cases of emergencies! :p Maybe once they get more acclimated with each other I shall take tons of pictures. By the way, they make such a cute couple because they're so drastically different in appearance.

Hahah, they were both showing great displays of bunnitude today when they were tossing the container of hay around and their toys :p It's good that they're starting to play even when they're separate. I'm not even rushing to get them together anymore, I will wait as long as it takes for them to be okay. I don't mind doing short dates multiple times a day :)

Thank you so much everyone for the positive comments! It really helps to know there are people reading :D

That's great Michelle! Hopefully the will get more accustomed to each other, and Phoneix wont try to nip him anymore.

Yes! When they get more accustomed to each other definitely take pics. I'd love to see them together.

Keep up the good work Michelle, and soon you will have a bonded bunny pair :).

Hahaha. I just saw on Katie's blog about the Canadian stereotype of the "eh", but I thought it was more of an "aaye"? I don't know where that came from, I wonder if one guy happened to say it and then it stuck? Its like for us, with the "yous guys", well people actually say that, because my husband says it and his friend, they're both from Pennsylvania and apparently thats normal there. I only say it to make fun of them, but when he friend sees me after a while, he's like "hey, how yous doing?" I'm like, thats not even close to correct since I am only ONE person. And "y'all", well we do say y'all because I say it and lot of people do too!
There is a joke that your Army is made up of Canadian Geese, which seems a little ridiculous if you ask me. They don't even have thumbs.
I would also like to talk about those geese. We have a TON of them here, do they actually live in Canada? Because there are a lot of them here and they're breeding here so the offspring are "naturalized citizens", haha. Anyway, they're protected here because they're "borrowed" geese or whatever. Its like a $10,000 fine to kill them. Not that I'm killing them or anything, but you get in big trouble if you get caught killing them or even if you hit one with your car and don't call the police its like a hit-and-run-goose-assault-with-a-vehicle. They're special to us. haha. Actually I quite like them, except they're loud and a little mean.
Well, in Canada you guys have better health care than we do, lol. But I wouldn't come there if I were, say...running away from the draft here. I would go to Mexico. Its warmer and I have a better chance of growing crops rather than freezing my ass off. lmao. (but shhhh don't tell anyone I would go to Mexico! You're not supposed to dodge the draft)
Sorry, just went on a crazy Canada thing. I don't talk about Canada much, I guess because its pretty neutral. And who really has a problem with Canada? No one, thats who.

Oh I meant to ask you in the middle of that rambling on, if you are in a French speaking area of Canada? Do you speak French? I think that part of Canada is pretty cool, being in the mostly French speaking part and still speaking English too, being bi-lingual from birth I guess. Here, its English and then slang English because people like to chew up the English language and dribble it out in the form of...ebonics. Yes, I went there. I hate it. And now I'm definitely done before I get HIGHLY inappropriate.

Do you know the Canadian anthem and do you like hockey? Because I personally LOVE hockey.

Last edited:
Your updates keep getting more positive every time! So happy it's working out for you guys. I understand about not having hands for pictures, too, even though Doc and Rory are just sitting in their carrier doing nothing when I work with them, I want to take pictures! I took a couple when they were on the dryer, but Doc's big butt was in the way.

Morgan, your very Canadian-centric post made me giggle because of Luke. HE LOVES HOCKEY. I also really enjoy hockey, it's definitely an entertaining sport. Also, he totally says "Eh" even though he's been living in the US for about ten years. It'll randomly slip out. He likes to say it's much better than the American "HUHH??" For the most part, he has a pretty American accent, but if we're hanging out with his family, he'll sound more and more Canadian. He's actually from the same exact place Michelle is from! He had to take French in school, but I don't think Toronto is officially bi-lingual. We went to Europe a couple years ago and stopped in Paris for awhile, some of the people there did not appreciate his Canadian French!

Keep up the good work, sounds like you´re making progress slowly but surely. That´s great news.

Latest posts

Back