Rebirth of the Phoenix from Ashes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg that view is amazing!!!!!! Chris has a good view too. I was joking I should post a picture of my view. Haha. It's trees and backs of suburban houses. Nothing like you guys have!!

Haha thanks, again I would love to see your view regardless. But I think we must agree that Chris probably has the most spectacular view!!

That is some good view, love all the lights and being so high up.

I love seeing views that others see every day...I think every view has something positive and sometimes you don´t see something interesting that a new eye sees. I just find where all of you live so interesting as it is so different so come on guys, get those pictures down for posterity.

I just love these two together, love Hippos colouring and Phoenix is such a pretty girl. Your living room looks so neat compared to mine lol. I just so love them lounging together, they are two good looking buns who will become the coolest couple.

I completely agree, I totally love seeing where other people live and trying to imagine myself in their shoes.

I love them together too it makes me so much happier !!! :p

That is an awesome view you have there, I'll post some pictures of my view from the porch. So your planning on putting them together on the 15th? I'll be watching for updates can't wait to hear how they do together.

Soo glad to hear that your two are getting along better. So your planning on putting them together on the 15th? I'll be watching for updates can't wait to hear how they do together.

Best of luck! I'm rooting for your two!

Thank you so much I'm hoping for the best :)

Chris does have the most spectacular view! I guess maybe she has the most "wanted" view, because if any of us were there we would be on vacation! haha.

I'll take some pictures of the view from my house to show everyone. Its not great! haha. Not like everyone elses.

Wow your view is great! I live on the top (third) floor of my building, and from my balcony we can see the houses across the street, some power lines, and a huge billboard. Not very pretty at all. At least the billboard isn't trashy at the moment, just some university advert. Sometimes it's for stuff like bail bonds and such, not a real eye-pleaser!

Your pens are very tall, but I really like that idea. Doc can and will jump over most anything, but I would love to get him into a pen. Especially since he and Rory are separated right now and the extra cage I'm using is so small. (Decent size for Rory, but not for Doc.) I also really love the flooring, where did you get it? It reminds me of elementary school and giant floor puzzles! Anyway, my apartment is carpeted, so I'd definitely need flooring if I moved the buns to pens/NIC enclosures.

It´s one of those days, just finished a post and it´s gone. See if I can remember.

Michelle, love all those lights and imagine myself people watching from on high.

Thanks guys for your kind words. Yes, you would probably be on your holidays and when the sun shines everything looks better. It hasn´t looked great the last few days with all the rain and low cloud we´ve had. My friend´s view is pretty great too looking over towards Malaga and the sea. Must see if I can find a pic as I love going to her house and just sitting outside and enjoying the peace and quite.

I love the flooring as well and I think I´ve found some over here so I´m going to get it before the weekend so I can put it down when I clean out on Sunday. I´m just hoping they don´t decide to eat it but I´ve got to have a go.

We should start a "where do you live" kinda thread! I do agree that it's fun to see where people live. And yes Chris are right, we may think our view is boring but we look at it everyday. We could talk about what we love about where we live, what we don't. Weather. Food. Culture. It could be fun!

I think that´s a great idea...I love hearing about interesting things to do where you all live and places to visit, who´s from there, what traditional dishes that you eat. I also find it fascinating to see how you shop and what you buy and the difference in things on offer between there and here. I think it would be great fun.

Today is the big day!!!!! :D

Gonna introduce the bunnies and I have a feeling it will go MUCH better than last time :)

I'll have them hang out together after I finish work, it's been such a long week and it's not over yet, but SO so close!!

Hey Michelle, this is a big moment and i have everything crossed I can possibly cross...please let us have some good news :goodluck

GOOD NEWS!!!

They had a VERY short 30-45 second date with each other... Phoenix immediately wanted to nip him and vice versa but once they settled down it was great! All she cared about was me feeding them treats and he didn't want any so he just nuzzled into her tummy and didn't try to nip once :) I think she even groomed his head for a split second, then I gave her a treat and ended it!!! Sooooooo happy!!

I just wanted to jump on quickly to update y'all if you've been wondering! I'm off to the gym and I will give them another 30 second date later! That couldn't have gone better if you ask me!

:great:Great news, I am so happy, hope the second date continues to go well...I´m not gonna get over excited but I must admit I´m grinning here.

Yay!!!!! Ending it positive that is huge. Keep it up Phoenix and hippo!! :)

OKAY UPDATE ON SECOND DATE!!!

We have success!!! I made Hippo feel comfortable by giving him a toy which he played with and Phoenix had her treats.... He actually hopped over her at one point but does not attempt to mount or necessarily nip her. When they go face to face though, Phoenix definitely has some tension in her ears to which I cool it off with a treat and some massages. Date 2 went really well... Will do date 3 later tonight in a few hours before I do cage cleaning and thats it until tomorrow night.

:D

Glad it's going well. I think what's going to bother me most is being patient enough to keep the dates short. Your seeming to manage that quite well.

That is such awesome news! I'm so happy they've gotten along so well! I think they'll be bonded before you know it. I also think that waiting and adjusting the cages was the best thing to happen to their perspective bond! You've been so patient and soon your work will have paid off.

Glad it's going well. I think what's going to bother me most is being patient enough to keep the dates short. Your seeming to manage that quite well.

Thanks!!

It was really frustrating at first but once you get used to it, a month apart might as well be 2 and so forth.

I think your buns will be much easier!!

That is such awesome news! I'm so happy they've gotten along so well! I think they'll be bonded before you know it. I also think that waiting and adjusting the cages was the best thing to happen to their perspective bond! You've been so patient and soon your work will have paid off.

Thank you! I hope so, I actually just had their third date for the night and it went okay!! I just really have to watch the length of time. This time it was 45 seconds or maybe more but I was so preoccupied in giving treats that I guess time stretched and I noticed Phoenix sort of ran to him to pull fur which he tensed up and I just separated them and gave them hay to distract them. It worked and I too them out after that. Only good and positive experiences :)

I can't believe what a journey it's been and I actually believe they're somewhat neutral now... Although I still sense Phoenix being territorial (darn females!!)

So looking forward to this journey now...

Latest posts

Back