Prayers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news about Hairyette, SPM! :highfive:

Now lets get the same great news about Binkie, k? :yes:

SAS
wiggle.gif
andPIPP :bunnydance: (exhibiting the power of positive thinking!)

She still fights with me a bit on the food. Itis because she is in alot of pain still. I am hoping that she does nothave to get another teeth fileing too soon. I am hoping that she isonly in pain not to be able to eat on her own yet.

It took Pipp weeks (maybe three?) to get back tonormal after her molar spurs. She was in pain and only cameclose to normal when she was fresh from a dose of Metacam.

I was so worried, I took her back to the vet after a couple of weeks,afraid that maybe the spurs weren't the problem afterall. She still wasn't eating anything but somepellets, pumpkin and grated carrot.

The diagnosis was SBS.... spoiled bunny syndrome! She hadgotten quite used to being fed fun stuff, so why go back to plain oldfood? So I went back to only feeding herthe plainold food, and sure enough, she started eating it on her own.Now she's eveneating hayand those Oxbow pellets sheused to hate.

It's beenalmost six weeks, still no sign of regrowth.

More prayers :pray:and vibes :clover: thatHairyette is 100% better soon!

SAS :) and PIPP
greenbunny.jpg
(who still cringes at the thought)

SPM, have you tried giving Hairyette any babyaspirin? I gave a quarter of a baby aspirin to Theodore when he wassick and grinding his teeth from pain. It really seemed to make adifference, and would probably be gentler (and less expensive) thanprescription pain meds.

:pray:...JimD, ILMB, I am Praying for Binkie too...:pray:

Hello everyone!!

Sorry it took so long for me to get back with updates.

Benji's eye is doing okay. He hasn't improved much, but certainly hasnot gotten any worse. It's still just his right eye, runny, clear.Other eye is normal. No nasal discharge. No sneezing and lungs areclear.
We've been treating him for conjunctivitus with an eye ointment sincelast Friday. We'll give it a few more days and then we may have toreturn to the vet.

The vet said that they might be able to get Binkie's test resultstoday, so I'll give them a call this afternoon. The aspirationprocedure when very well. They didn't even have to sedate her. The vetsaid that the sample appeared to be pus, but we'll have to wait for theresults to be sure.***fingers crossed***
All of Binkie's surgeries were put on hold. They don't want to stressher any further by spaying her right now. They will only remove themass if it can be identified as an abcess and/or benign.
From all outward appearances, Binkie is acting normal. Poopin, peein,eatin, drinkin. And she HATES me for taking her to the vet. She's bitme 5 times since I brought her home (drew blood4 of thosetimes). She seemed to have forgiven me a tiny bit this morning, becauseshe only headbutt me instead of biting.

~Jim

Aw poor poor Jim. I don't think binki wants tobe bothered since she had to see the nasty white doctor checking herout. lol. :bunnydance:

I am glad that everyone is a lil better as well. Thank you Jim for thinking of Hairyette. Off to feed her now

I'm glad to hear that Hairyette is on the mendand that Binkie is doing slightly better. I'm praying that Binkie'sissue is nothing serious:pray:

grandfather died on december 30th 05. due tobraintumor.. (will make a topic about that maybe you will understandthis better when u see my topic)...............

UPDATE TIME!!!

Benji's eye looked better this morning. Not as runny as the past fewdays. We still have to treat him for a while. I was so happy to seesome improvement.

GOOD NEWS ON BINKIE!!!!!!
The vet called me last night and said that the results from the biopsycame back and identified the mass ...AS AN ABCESS!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!!!!!
Binkie is scheduled to go in on Friday to have it removed. The vetstill doesn't want to spay her yet and risk any infection that mightspread to the abdomen.

~Jim

Oh Jim that is an awesome news to hear. Yeah,That would be a smart move on that with the spay and infection. What awonderful vet you got there.:bunnydance:

Back