Prayers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
((HUGS)) to you, and prayers for Cinderella.

:pray:

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

Please say a prayer for my family and me.

My other grandmother is now dying. And I mean that in the literalsense, she's received her last rites, hasn't been able to eat in 5 daysand can barely take in liquid. She isn't coherent. She is dying ofAlzheimer's.

This is two weeks after we buried my other grandmother, who died ofEmphysema. My grandfather (her husband), fell and broke his hip fourdays after the funeral.

As most of you know, I'm six months pregnant now and all of this isreally starting to effect me. I'm still eating well and sleepingdecently, but still. I'm so grief stricken, I can hardly functionproperly.

My rabbits seem to know and are being extra good to me, Abby especiallykeeps on coming over to look at me and give me nudges, which is her wayof giving a kiss. Valuran makes me laugh and Chomps is Chomps, mysteady bun.

Sorry to be such a downer, but this is what's going on with me right now. :(

Oh, Stephanie. I've been thinkingabout you a lot lately, but had no idea just how much was going on inyour life.

I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Laura

(((Stephanie)))

It is always so hard on us when any loved one leaves, and having todeal with loss twice in such a short amount of time must be so taxing.I will certainly keep your grandmother (and yourgrandfather)in my thoughts and prayers. I know it'sdifficult, but it is so important for you to take care of yourselfright now. I went through pretty extreme stress during my pregnancy (myhusband walked away from the marriage and began living with anotherwoman when I was six months pregnant), and I didn't take care of myselfvery well...wasn't eating or sleeping. Keep your bunnies close to you,for they will do such wonders...they are a constant reminder of theunconditional love that surrounds you. Let your husband and other closefriends/family pamper you, be it physically or long-distance.Interestingly though, when I was going through all that stress while Iwas pregnant, I had close friends and family around, but it was my catwho really got me through the toughest moments. Sometimes unspokenlove, given with a single glance from a creature with whom you have astrong bond, can do miracles. Your bunnies know you are upset, and theyare reaching out to you.

Blessings and love to you....

Di

:hug:

I also wanted to add a request for a prayer tothis thread. My stepmother, Marion, is undergoing tests right now...thedoctors think she has colon cancer. Apparently she's been sick for thepast 2 or 3 months; I just found out last week. My dad has been sodependent upon her over the years, and he is taking this hard. I ampraying that the next set of tests will come back negative. The doctorsaren't as hopeful, but I do believe in miracles. Marion is a great ladyand our family would hate to have anything happen to her...please addher to your prayers as well...

Thank you all

~Di

I hope Cinderella gets to feeling better. Will definitely keep her in my prayers.

Stephanie, My heart goes out to you. That is alot of stress andgrief for anyone person to bear. I wish there was something I could door say that would ease your pain. If there is anything I can do pleasejust ask.

Tina

Thank you everyone. My pets are certainlyhelping, especially my cat Lestat. Also, I've recently taken upknitting, and that has been very therapeutic for me. Such asense of accomplishment. I am taking care of myself by eating well andtrying to rest up, even when I'm not feeling very hungry.

I will be praying for Cinderella and your stepmom, Di.

Danielle: Great thread! I'll be sayinga prayer for Cinderella. I just love hamsters. Howold is she? Did you try some Nutrical?

Stephanie: Oh, sweetie, you have been through so much lately.Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. Takesome time to make sure you take care of yourself and thatbaby. If there is anything I can do, just let me know.

Di: I will be praying for your Stepmother and the rest of your family.

Ok, this is a little selfish, but I really hate the job I'm at rightnow. I had an interview today, could everyone please say alittle prayer that I get this job? It's as an activitiesdirector at a nursing home. I know several people there andthey are all pulling for me including the girl who is leaving and thegirl who would be my assistant. I completely need to get thisone. It's more money and closer to my field.

:pray::kiss:

Jen, Daisy, Sage, Basil, Elvis, Orion, Saphy, Sampson, Lily, Abby, Dillon, Anissa, Delilah and Corky

How is Cinderella today, ILMB? Hope she is doing better. I will keep her in my prayers!!

-------------------

Stephanie,

Losing anyone close to you is never easy, especially in a time likethis where I am sure you emotions are already heightened from yourpregnancy. I too have a grandmother with alzheimers and it is verydifficult to deal with. I know you will get through this difficulttime; if not for yourself, for your child.i am sure you havean enormous amount of support and love from your family and friends andtons more here from this forum at any time night or day if you need it.Round all those critters up and squeeze one or as many of them as youcan and just have yourself a good cry. It wont fix everything but theact of physically relieving your emotional stress will help youwonders. The most important thing for your right now to cope and getthrough this difficult time in your life is to find a vent. Youmentioned you have taken up knitting. that is fantastic, just as goodas getting a good cry out. they also have those maternity work outclasses/videos that could be a good way to vent and also ensure yourekeeping your body in tip-top shape for the baby whilethis ishappening.

here's somthing that has helped many people in dealingwiththeir losses. Identify which stage you are in and strive (no need torush take as slong as you need)to reach the next. My prayersare with you and your family Stephanie.

[align=center]
The five stages of grief are:

1-Denial-"this can't be happening to me", looking for the former spousein familia places, or if it is death, setting the table for the personor acting as if they are still in living there. No crying. Notaccepting or even acknowledging the loss.

2-Anger-"why me?", feelings of wanting to fight back or get even withspouse of divorce, for death, anger at the deceased, blaming them forleaving.

3-Bargaining-bargaining often takes place before the loss. Attemptingto make deals with the spouse who is leaving, or attempting to makedeals with God to stop or change the loss. Begging, wishing, prayingfor them to come back.

4-Depression-overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration,bitterness, self pity, mourning loss of person as well as the hopes,dreams and plans for the future. Feeling lack of control, feeling numb.Perhaps feeling suicidal.

5-Acceptance-there is a difference between resignation and acceptance.You have to accept the loss, not just try to bear it quietly.Realization that it takes two to make or break a marriage. Realizationthat the person is gone (in death) that it is not their fault, theydidn't leave you on purpose. (even in cases of suicide, often thedeceased person, was not in their right frame of mind) Finding the goodthat can come out of the pain of loss, finding comfort and healing. Ourgoals turn toward personal growth. Stay with fond memories of person.[/align]
----------------------

Bassetluv,

My grandfather has survuived colon cancer not once but twice. Your stepmother will get through this. Even if they have discovered a polyp, thesurgery will be done and it will be gone. The worst part will be thechemo, but with continued love and support and the advances they havechemo isnt the mess it used to be. If she does go as far as surgery,and has the chemo they have these things that basically look like oversized pills they put onto the area where it is needed so it affects thetarget area and minimally everwhere else. they also have red blood cellenhancers which will help with fatigue and so so so many other thingsto make her time easier. It will be okay!!

Stephine *:pray:*

Di *:pray:*

Jen *:pray:*

Cindy isn't awake yet today, last night before i put her back I putsome water in a dropper and she drank it! She drank like 4 or 5droppers full of water! I also gave her some Dri-tail just in case!

Please keep her in your thoughts!

-Danielle

Keep us updated, Danielle. I loved having"pocket pets"...I admit I can't wait for Ayla to be old enough to havesome of her own! lol

Thank you, FreddysMom. It's just so overwhelming right now with my Grampassing a couple of weeks ago and now the imminent passing of my otherone. My other grandfather passed away from Alzheimer's about five yearsago, so this has actually been easier to deal with (in a sense) becausewe all knew what to expect and how to better cope.

Still, it's just no fun.

However, Valuran was in a rare let-me-get-up-to-him outside the cagemood earlier. I swear they all really do know something is going on.

Latest posts

Back