Prayers Needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, thats great she was eating!! Asstated previously...don't underestimate the power of you yourselfhelping her heal...Corky did great letting me do everything to him andstill continues to do so!! Hang in there, I hope to hear good newssoon!!!

All your posts mean so much - I have had a few tears while reading them.

Well, at 2pm the nurse I spoke to said that, although she had eaten alittle, she still wasn't passing anything, which worried them ( soguess what it did to me!). She said to ring back at 5pm, which I did,and the vet said they wanted to keep her in another night as she stillwasn't pooping. I asked if I could see her, and they opened up thesurgery especially for us at 6.30 when I finished work. I've got to sayshe was sooo much better than I'd dared to hope. Last night she was sobad, I didn't think she would make it, but today her breathing was somuch better, she was sitting up and her eyes were clearer (they werevery dull and clouded last night). AND, there were some poops :). Notmany, but definately some. She still has the catheter in her ear, justin case they need to give more fluids, but there was definately animprovement. I can't tell you what a huge relief it was.

Perry has searched and sniffed for her all day. He is eating normally,but he just doens't know what to do with himself. Normally they laysnuggled up in front of the TV at night, but he's laying under thecouch, very quiet. He is getting loads of cuddles and pets, but I knowwe can't compare with his girlfriend :(. The vet is ringing in themorning and HOPEFULLY she can come home tomorrow.

Thank you all so much. I told Pernod how everyone is praying andsending good thoughts - they are certainly working. Buck - I have triedbefore to get canned pumpkin, but it is a thing that the UK doesn'tseem to sell anywhere. All I can get is pumpkin and rice baby food -don't know if that would be the same?? Will update you tomorrow.

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Buck - I have tried before to get canned pumpkin, but it isa thing that the UK doesn't seem to sell anywhere. All I can get ispumpkin and rice baby food - don't know if that would be the same??Will update you tomorrow.

Jan

Try looking for canned pumpkin pie filling (unsweetened!) Baby food squash would also be ok.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
LuvaBun wrote:
Buck - I have tried before to get canned pumpkin, but it isa thing that the UK doesn't seem to sell anywhere. All I can get ispumpkin and rice baby food - don't know if that would be the same??Will update you tomorrow.

Jan
Try looking for canned pumpkin pie filling (unsweetened!) Baby food squash would also be ok.

Pam
Thanks Pam. I will try looking for that, and I know Varna will be interested too.

Yeah!! Some poopies are a start!!! Glad you goto see her and glad she looked better!! Keep us updated, moreprayers/good thoughts are being sent your way!

Yea she's pooping. I am so relieved tohear she is doing better. We will continue praying and sending goodthoughts your way. Poor Perry, what a devoted little guy he is. Givehim a hug and kiss for me. Give Pernod kisses too. What awesomenews.

Tina

That is really arelief to hear that you think she looks better. I think if you feltthat she hadn't declined, that'sa very good sign. I alsowould think that any poop is better than a complete shut down with nopoo's.

Will keep the prayers going up from here.

XOXO, Raspberry

I think it's amazing how when the bunnies arewell....we look at their poo as a nuisance...but let them get sick withsomething - and suddenly we're rejoicing at their poos!

When I started noticing Tiny's pooping again....I was so thrilled andhe just gave me this look like, "Look mama....I always do that and youusually grumble at me. MAKE UP YOUR MIND!"

Anyway - I'm rejoicing with everyone else over her poos and that she is doing better. Keep updating us!

Peg

Hello My Friend,

As Buck and Pam had mentioned, the canned pumpkin is definitely something to give the little girl.

It is loaded with fiber and little sugar. It was definitely a catalystin getting Tucker's system going. He had literally gone for dayswithout pooping. The canned pumpkin and powdered papaya (from a healthfood store) if at all possible. Go with the canned pumpkin first if youhave to choose.

She needs the fiber in order to get that system moving again. I treatedTucker every 4 hours with fresh pineapple, a papaya pill, cannedpumpkin and NutriCal. I was told he wouldn't live. Given no hope at all.

Prayers continue. You can purchase canned pumpkin in your grocerystores over there, can't you? Varna had a concern that you couldn't.

-Carolyn

hi jan

just a little something my grandad would say to me

you have to tell pernoid this

in every day and every way

im gettting better and better

believe you me it works

well it worked for me anyway

love varna xxxx

With mine, I could force feed parsley.Just stick the end in and gently push, they have to eat. Itworked well. When mine was sick when I noticed her eatingslowing down I would force some parsley and it seemed to do thetrick. With two together, you have to keep an eye out to makesure both are eating.

Ed

With mine, I could force feed parsley.Just stick the end in and gently push, they have to eat. Itworked well" ***

this sounds like it could very well be a great plan for DISASTER!!!

what IF the rabbit had choked, asperated one of the tiny leaves, My Friend you may have gottenlucky but this isnt something Iwould recomend to someone else!.

How is Pernod thismorning Hon and Percy aswell and How areyou holding up .

PERNOD IS HOME!! :D:D

The vet called this morning and said there had been a dramaticrecovery. She was eating, pooping and peeing, and was bouncing aroundthe cage. They had put the drip in her ear again last night, but Pernodmust have not approved, and chewed it out an hour later :p.

We collected her straight away. I expected Perry to be all overher, seeing as how depressed he was without her. However, he wouldn'tgo near her for an hour, and kept thumping. Then Pernod went and lickedhis nose, and they haven't been apart since. Everywhere one goes, theother is right behind. i wonder if maybe she smelled of 'vet' andthat's why he was apprehensive.

Anyhow, she has been drinking, eaten a few pellets, plenty ofhay and I've just had a binky from her :D. We have some meds to giveher for a week, and some recovery food, which she is treating withdisgust! The vet said to keep her inside for a few days, which is NOTgoing down well. I may let her out tomorrow.

I am just sooo happy! When we took her in on Friday, the vetwarned us that it could go either way, and today another vet said thatthey didn't usually see such a quick and successful recovery from smallfurries. I told them that there were some very special people prayingand sending good thoughts, and I am in NO doubt that is what helped.Thank you all so much for your advice and comfort. I love you all:)

Jan

:groupparty:

Jan I am too excited for words. I am soooo glad tohearmy baby Pernod is feeling so much better and abinky...Way To Go Pernod!! Poor Percy probably did smell vet on herpoor guy. What a pair those two are. Very very sweet. Please give themboth lots of extra hugs and kisses from me. I am on Cloud 10YEA!!!!

Tina

Back