Prayers Needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow what a great stressreliever it was to see Pernodis home , I am soglad for that , happy to hear she isfeeling well enough for the binky !!!go baby go!!!!

great news jan

i was in tears on saturday morning hoping she was going to pull threw

well we are so happy she is well again

i feel like jumping in the air

haray your well again pernoid

lots of love

varna tony adrian and lucy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lol. You guys really bring a smile to my face:D. Pernod has barely touched her pellets, which is a bit worrying. Shewas eating greens, and I went outside in the pouring rain, picked hersome grass and dandelion leaves, washed and dried them, and she tuckedinto them. She is also eating lots of hay, and she is pooping - not asmuch as normal - but definately pooping.

I tried to syringe feed her the Science Recovery that the vet gave me,but NO WAY was she having that. She bit my hand so hard she drew blood,then latched her teeth on to my leg and held on. It hurt like heck, andI have a huge bruise there, and you can still see the teeth marks. Ihad her wrapped in a towel, and that is totally shredded. I suppose Ishould be glad she's got her attitude back :?:shock:.

I will keep trying her with her pellets. I can't leave them down, asPerry thinks he has won the lottery and is eating as much as he can.She is quite lively in herself (and I have the war wounds to prove it;)) so hopefully things will continue to improve. I paid the vet billtoday - £208 (about $360 US), but she is insured, so I can claim mostof that back. Thanks again for your continued support.

Jan

It took Corky some time to start eating pelletswhen he stopped eating. I kept him going for a few days mostly ongreends and hay. I also added oats to his pellets to enticehim a bit....might be worth a try!

LuvaBun wrote:
Itried to syringe feed her the Science Recovery that the vet gave me,but NO WAY was she having that. She bit my hand so hard she drew blood,then latched her teeth on to my leg and held on. It hurt like heck, andI have a huge bruise there, and you can still see the teeth marks. Ihad her wrapped in a towel, and that is totally shredded. I suppose Ishould be glad she's got her attitude back :?:shock:.

Jan
LOL...good to hear she's got her bunnitude back.

Brindle reacted in a similar way when I gave her Nutri-cal for the first time!

Goooo Pernod!!

Wouldn't worry too much about the loss of appetite at thispoint. As long as she's eating and pooping, that's thekey. It takes a bit for it to come back full swing.

-Carolyn

Eating and pooping is definatley a good sign. I'm glad she is on the mend now.

Jan can I ask, who have you got your rabbit insurance with? I currentlydon't have any insurance for mine, but I am interested in getting some.What things does it cover them for and do they have to be a certain agelike with dogs? thanks.

Vickie

Hi Vickie. Both my buns are insured throughPetplan, and this is the 3rd year they've been insured. The premium hasincreased slightly each year - I pay £14.79 per month for both of them,and it covers up to £2000 in vet bills per year, plus advertising ifthey get lost, and boarding fees if I'm in hospital. Have a look athttp://www.petplan.co.uk/insurance/benefit_rabbit.asp

Jan

Many, many, MANY thanks to Carolyn for bringing my attention to this thread!!!!

Jan, I'm so sorry. I haven't been able to visit the boardregularly in some time, so I was not aware of what was going on with mysweet, precious Pernod. I was holding my breath as I wasreading through the posts and I must confess that a few tears slippedfrom my eyes as I prayed and sent positive thoughts your and Pernod'sway. Thank heavens that everything has turned outokay.

Please give my dear, darling Pernod a GREAT BIG hug, a kiss, and atreat!!!!!!! I'll also be following up with you in a coupleof days on her progress.

WHEW!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY that this turned out to have a happy ending!!!!!! ... :groupparty:

Love,

BunnyMommy and Sherman

Well, I am very happy to report that Pernod isdoing great :D. She attacked her pellets this morning for the firsttime since friday, and was looking for more whenshehaddone.. Her poops are back to normal, and shehas been racing around the garden. I can't believe how quickly she hasrecovered. When we took her to the vet Friday night, I didn't think shewas going to pull through, and the vet said not to get my hopes up. Herrabbit had suffered with GI Stasis and hadn't made it, but she saidthey would do everything they could.

I am lucky in that the clinic we take her to has several vets, allrabbit savvy. They even do the spay and neuters there for the localRSPCA. I am also EXTREMELY lucky in having you guys praying for her. Itold the ves that there were some very special people looking out forher :). She and Perry are like Siamese twins now - never more than afew inches apart, and I am sure her revovery has helped both of them.

Thanks again to you all. I am hoping to get some photos taken and post them later.

Jan

Oh Jan, this is the best news yet. I wasso worried about her. I bet they are going to stay closer than theyever were. What a sweet couple they make.

Pictures, did you saypictures...

Can't wait for you to getsnapping.

hug those precious babes of yours.

Tina

LuvaBun wrote:
Well, I am very happy to report that Pernod is doing great:D. She attacked her pellets this morning for the first time sincefriday, and was looking for more when shehaddone..
Yeah! I'm so happy for you - it's so stressful for us parents when our buns are sick.

I'm keeping y'all in my prayers as she continues her recovery!

Peg

Latest posts

Back