Prayers Needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan, that is awesome!!!! I'm so gladto hear good news and I know you must be soooohappy!:bunnydance: Give Pernod lots of kisses and cuddlesfrom me!

~ Jamie

LuvaBun wrote:
PERNOD IS HOME!! :D:D

YEAH! WOO HOO! This is the first thread I try tocheck in the morning and at night....so I'm glad for this news.

I bet Pernod is going to get well even better being at home witha bunny-friend and mama!

You're still in our prayers as Pernod completes the recovery process!

Peg

"Here Comes The Sun...
...and I say, it's alright..." :sunshine:

I happen to really agree with Raspberry about them being home.She's definitely right about Tucker getting anyone else to do that tohim. That would've stressed him to the max if a stranger was doing thatto him. I was up every 4 hours giving him doses of what I said in page10 of the GI Stasis, Tucker has a problem, post.

Every time I see GI Stasis come up on the forum, it brings me back to those weeks.

It doesn't pass quickly, Jan. It takes a couple of weeks before they'rereally starting to get back to normal. Take it as seriously now as shewas when she was in the hospital. We're out of the woods, but thingsstill aren't 100%.

Kathy Smith studies rabbits and has a degree in pharmaceuticals. Shewas the one who had given me ideas about how to handle Tucker. I puteverything together that people told me, and by the miracle of theprayers of the folks on this forum, Tucker's incredible Will to Live,and the courage it took for me to force this stuff down my baby's mouthevery four hours, it all paid off. Through the Grace of God, my babydefied the odds. I still am blown away by his recovery.

I remember when Raspberry went through it with Sebastian. Luckily, shecaught it early and he passed the ball quickly, but she was afraid he'dhate her. Certainly Tucker would run from me when I went to retrievehim to give him his meds. It broke my heart - and Raspberry's, but thealternative was too serious.

In the end, there's a bond that you have with them that becomesstronger. She knows you're trying to help her. She doesn't hate you;she hates the process.

This too shall pass.

And you and she will be on a deeper level of love, understanding and trust.

Please keep us posted, Dear Heart.

Prayers and thoughts of love continue.
-Carolyn

P.S. The other wonderful thing about this isthat you now know Pernod is suseptible to GI Stasis. You'll watch hermore closely and will give her some fresh pineapple juice to break downthe mucus holding the fur together in her tract, and canned pumpkinwill give her the fiber she needs to make her pass it. As you seesymptoms of it, you'll act on it sooner.

It has made you more aware and knowledgeable.

Believe it or not, after Tucker had his first fight with it, I did seesymptoms during shedding seasons. He also will pick up on my stress andthat can send him into GI Stasis. As cool acting as he is, he's veryvery in-tune with how I'm feeling.

As scary as this lesson was for you and Pernod, is as valuable as itis. Some rabbits are more prone to GI Stasis than others.

Wow, this is the most heartwarming thingI have ever read. Wow, ittruely was a miracle. ^_^ I'm soglad for you. Marvelous!:bunnydance:

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! YEA FOR PENROD!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO happy Penrod is home and doing so much better! Thats GREAT news!!!

Thank you all for your comments. Carolyn, Youare right, I have watched Pernod like a hawk all day. She has hadnibbles of this and that. Suprisingly, no treats (she wouldn't touchthem) but she scarfed down the grass we brought in for her, her saladgreens tonight, some hay, a few pellets and a grass mat we bought someweeks ago. She has gone from being hyper to settling down and snugglingwith Perry. She took her meds really well (very shocked at that:shock:) and I have seen her drink more tonight than in the 2+ yearswe've had her. She has just bunnyflopped beside Perry in their cageafter grooming each other. I think we may all get some sleep tonight:) - Jan

AWESOME!!!!

minibunny_jumping_360_lg_clr.gif

Jan, I'm so happy for you and the furkids! ;)

You all enjoy each other and rejoice inbeing back home together. Keep us posted on her progress.

Raspberry

Im glad that Pernod isbetter.:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::groupparty::bunnydance::bunnydance::rainbow::hug::apollo::clap::bunnyangel:

jeremy

mambo101 wrote:
Glad to hear Pernod is getting better. Just goes to show youshould never give up hope!:)

A-MENto that Mambo.pam did you know that we tell the bunnys to saybunnie prayers. and they did.

jeremy

Jan,hows pernod doing. i just hope hes fine.:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

jeremy

Latest posts

Back