Prayers Needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pernod wasn't herself this morning, but it hasbeen hot here for the past few days, and I thought that had somethingto do with it. However, this afternoon she was just flopping, verylethargic and panting. When she didn't eat her treat, I knew somethingwas very wrong. I called the emergency vet this evening and she saidshe would meet me at the surgery. She gave pernod a thorough check, andconfirmed my fears- she is in GI stasus. They are keeping herin overnight and putting her on a drip, and syringe feeding her everytwo hours.

I am devastated. It was like deja vous when I lost my first rabbit,Fudge, 2 and a half years ago. I don't know what to do for Perry. Theyhaven't been apart in the 2 years we've had them. I don't think herealises she isn't in the house at the moment, but it is 11.10 pm hereand nearly time for bed - he's going to know then! Please can I ask foryour prayers and good thoughts for us. I am so worried about my littlegirl. Please let her be OK!

Jan

She will be ok I will pray for her. God BlessAll The Bunnies In The World she's already in good hands withthe vet and they know how to take care of them and they know what to dodon't worry everything will be fine.

Praying, praying, praying.

*HUGS*

Oh God, Jan, oh no. I am soo sorry. Iwill definitely be keeping you and Pernodand Perry. I am intears and having a hard time writing this. She just has to beok. I told Apollo and all the girls to pray for Pernod too. Oh Sweetie,I wish I was there to give you a hug. Is there anyway you can bringPerry to see Pernod tomorrow? I am just in shock, my poor baby.You andthose babies are in our prayers.

Tina

Oh Jan...We will be thinking of you so much and praying hard.

I won't be able to be online much thenext couple of days but I will keep you and Pernod in my thoughts andprayers.When I peek in I'll be looking for good news.

XOXO,

Raspberry

Thanks so much. I am supposed to be gettingready for bed, as I'm working tomorrow (goodness knows how I'll copewith that), but I can't see me getting any sleep. I have called thesurgery, and they have a drip going in to her ear, and given herpainkiller and an injection to stimulate the gut. The nurse said theyhave given her hay, and she's made a bed with it.

Perry is eating here now, though I am still not sure if he realisesPernod isn't actually in the house. I am watching him closely to makesure he isn't getting stressed. The vet will ring me after she has doneher rounds in the morning. I think it's going to be a restless night!

Jan

Oh Jan!! You poor thing.I've been in your shoes and I really don't wish it on anyone.Basil ate some carpet when I was out of town. By the time Igot home and realized what was going on, she needed immediatesurgery. That was in January and she's doing great but I knowhow lucky I was.

I'll definitely be saying some prayers for Pernod and some for Perry and you too.

Jen

Sending out prayers and thoughts!! I know what your going thru..different illness but its devistating!!! Hang in there!!!

Bunch of prayers out from here, Jan!So, so, so sorry to hear the bad news.Our Missy survived GI Stasis surgery if that becomes a worst case scenario.

Gosh, I am so dis-heartened.I feel like the two of them, Perry and Pernod, are my own.

Please keep us updated.

Buck

Dearest Jan,

I'm so shocked, I don't really know what to say. These dogarned thingscome up so fast and one day your little one is fine, the next, you hopeand pray that she/he will live through the day.

I love Pernod and Perry so much. They have captured a part of my heart that only they corner.

The vet sounds like they're doing everything they can. You are doingeverything you can. I, too, know what you're going through. I thinkit's almost harder to be away from them. My animal hospital told me noteven to bring Tucker in because there was nothing else they could dofor him when he was in his state of GI Stasis.

Expect to get little-to-no sleep. I would doze off for 10 minutes andthen jump up and think, 'is it time for the next dosage?, is he stillalive?, what will I ever do without him? My life will be foreverchanged.'

Keep us posted, and if you just need to talk, you know that we'll behere for you throughout the night. Nights are so long when you arewaiting. Let's hope you hear no news because no news is good news. Aseach minute ticks on that the phone doesn't ring, it's better off.

Come on now, Pernod. You fight this! You pull all of that courage,strength and love you have and we'll pull ours together for you. Youwill be in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Your Mom needs you and Perrydoes too, so fight, Baby Girl.

All my love,
:pray:
-Carolyn

Don't forget to visualize a healthy Pernod.

:runningrabbit:

No bad vibes. She needs all the positive energy she can get.

Oh NO Jan..... I hope Pernod is stableand will get better as the night goes by. Willbepraying foryou, Perry, and Pernod untilshe gets better.

Sending you pure positive healing energy.

Rainbows!

Jan, I am so sorry Pernod is ill. I am prayingthat she will recover quickly and well. She sounds as if she is in goodhands with your vets, so all we can do at the moment is pray. I will bechecking back on tomorrow to see how she is getting on.

Sending much love and prayers up your way. God bless our little girl.

Vickie

Prayers are going up from here in Texas.....I'll be checking in often to see if there are updates!

Peg

Latest posts

Back