Poopie Butt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As noted by Buck:

We've had vets recommend it to us for ailing buns on occasion, yetothers claim it upsets the natural flora and fauna within the digestivesystem and should be avoided.

Like everything in life, moderation goes a long way. None ofour buns ever obviously suffered from the yogurt they ingested whilebeing treated as per veterinarian advice, but I thought it necessary toprovide you with the caveat in the case that you were thinking ofmaking it a normal part of your bun's diet. I would not.

Buck

Be sure the yogurt you give has low, or no, sugar. Bumped upa post about Yogurt - which has this note from Buck in it andinformation from Pamnock.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
As noted by Buck:

We've had vets recommend it to us for ailing buns on occasion, yetothers claim it upsets the natural flora and fauna within the digestivesystem and should be avoided.

Buck

-Carolyn
Thanks Carolyn!!

Our vet advised not to give S'more yogurt just for the reason Buck had stated. She opted for the Benebac instead.

Carolyn wrote:
How much protein is in the pellets your giving, Jim?

-Carolyn
I'm using the Purina Green Bag right now.....I think it's 16%

I'm switching to either Kaytee Timothy complete or Oxbow timothypellets. Kaytee is avaiible at almost all of the pet supply store. AndFreddysMom let me know of a store that carries Oxbow thats about 20-30minutes from me.

That protein is a bit high at 16%. Might want to consider something with 12% or so.

Cool picture, Jim!

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Thatprotein is a bit high at 16%. Might want to considersomething with 12% or so.

Cool picture, Jim!

-Carolyn

Kaytee ie 13%. Oxbow is 14% .

As for the picture....those brave bunnies were the protectors in thestory....kind of like a boarder patrol. The book is called The LongPatrol by Brian Jacques.

Lazyacre wrote:
Usually timothy based pellets will be a bit lower inprotein, major difference is usually the lower calcium content oftimothy vs alfalfa. Non producing adult rabbits don't require as muchcalcium. Low calcium can present problems in pregnant doe, it preventsnormal action of oxytocin in stimulating labor contractions. Growingrabbits need it for bone growth.

I got a question here...producing females need more calcium, hence itis better to feed them an alfalfa based diet. How about males that are"active" once in a while?

Thanks.

I don't think I ever posted this during S'more's brush with the reaper. She was soooo sick when this happen....and it was like a miracle. Tina's bunnie Misty was close to crossing, but was struggling to stay. I think she used some of her last strength to help S'more.

......here's the PM I sent Tina....check out the date and when it fits into this thread.

_____Original Message_____

Date: 2005-07-26 09:59:21

Hi Tina,

I just am so amazed with Misty. This must be so stressful for you.

I shared something with Carolyn and thought you might want to know also.

Keep in mind that I'm am sceptical of things like this, but have seen and felt things recently to make me more of a believer.

Last night I made my last check on the bunnies and turned off the light in their room. A few minutes later I was walking past their room and S’more was presenting herself to what appeared to be a tiny pink/purple orb in her cage. It was only there for a few moments and then it was gone.

I could see the faint glow on S’more’s face so I know I wasn’t imagining it. She was positioned with her back to the windows so it wasn’t a light or reflection from outside. I was standing in the doorway to their room and then walked up to her cage before it disappeared so I don’t think it was something coming from behind me. And then there was just the way S’more was reacting. She was so calm and relaxed, but very obviously presenting herself. She stayed that way for a few moments after it disappeared and then calmly raised her head and looked at me with such peace on her face.

This morning S’more appeared to be her normal self again. She’s pooping almost completely normal, eating, drinking, jumping around to get at her oats. I’m convinced that something came to visit her last night to tell her that she needed to get better and it wasn’t her time to go yet. I think it was Misty.

~Jim

Back